Thread: GoPro Hero 5 question

GoPro Hero 5 question

Just bought the GoPro Hero 5. It won't download the files from the camera to my computer using the supplied USB cable. In order to download my files to my computer, I have to remove the SD card from the camera and insert it into the computer. A GoPro tech told me my problem is that I have Windows 8 and the minimum operating requirement for the Hero 5 is Windows 10 and therefore, my computer can't read the files. Are any of you operating with less than Windows 10 and able to download straight from your camera to your computer? Was the tech correct? Thanks for any insight and help.
    David Anderson
    Hobie Outback Blue
    Jackson Cuda 14 Black Widow

BCKFC Member
    I was running Windows 7 for my GoPro 4. I did have issues moving the files from the camera to the PC. Sometimes it wouldn't recognize the camera and I would copy them like you do. I think the hero 5 cameras came out before windows 10? If so, I doubt that's the problem. I recently upgraded to windows 10 and my camera does seem to work a lot faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    I was running Windows 7 for my GoPro 4. I did have issues moving the files from the camera to the PC. Sometimes it wouldn't recognize the camera and I would copy them like you do. I think the hero 5 cameras came out before windows 10? If so, I doubt that's the problem. I recently upgraded to windows 10 and my camera does seem to work a lot faster.
    Thanks.
    David Anderson
    Hobie Outback Blue
    Jackson Cuda 14 Black Widow