Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple Fishing Ideas/Southshore of Lake P

Quote Originally Posted by Igoogledyou View Post
    Also if you are going to use a kayak i wouldn’t launch at the marina either, if you go about 13-15 miles down the road they have Grand bayou rd an I have yet to ever go down there an not catch at least 10 fish. Also In that whole area the colder the better you can hit limits easy
    Questions about Grand Bayou Road: Is it legit to combat launch off the road? Is the marsh open to fish on either side of the road?
    2016 Native Slayer Propel 13 - Hidden Oak
    2015 Jackson Big Tuna - Sunrise

Quote Originally Posted by rebelbuc View Post
    Questions about Grand Bayou Road: Is it legit to combat launch off the road? Is the marsh open to fish on either side of the road?
    Yes,you can launch to either side. Donít park by camps at end of the road.
    Tee Chuck

Catch them from the kayak. Catch them on the fly.

Also you could rent a kayak at NAS JRB in Belle chase they have wilderness Ride 135s they rent out. Enjoy your time at home
    Yellow Hobie Outback
    Heroes on the Water
    2009 white Ford F-150
    "the quiet professional"

There is always highway 1 in grand isle if you feel like making the drive and lake rd bayou lacombe. Bayou Adventure rents kayaks too i believe.
    Mike Arbon
    2015 Hobie Outback- Papaya
    08 Ford Sport Trac

Thanks again for all of the suggestions! My current tour is unaccompanied, so the missus won't be on vacation the whole time I'm back, as her job is in the NOLA area. Should give me a lot of down time while she's working to hit a few spots.

How's the fishing in Thule this time of year?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Can't wait 'till next trip!
    Jack's Cuda 14

We haven't been allowed to fish in the area around the installation. Everything's completely iced over and we're in 24 hour darkness now. I was really hoping there would be some Arctic Char action around here. I'm getting more than a little fish crazy, especially after having access to the water as much as I did in my last assignment in Guam. It made for some good kayak fishing.