Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TIRED of the cheap Fillet Knives!!!

GE knives were all I ever purchased for filleting fish. after production stopped, I went to black and Decker until I inherited one like the one in your photo, still in the box. Mister twister knives are junk compared to the GE. more robust and faster blade movement.
    "If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do"

Quote Originally Posted by uncleyak View Post
    GE knives were all I ever purchased for filleting fish. after production stopped, I went to black and Decker until I inherited one like the one in your photo, still in the box. Mister twister knives are junk compared to the GE. more robust and faster blade movement.
    This was the second one I purchased. It's from the early 60's and HEAVY (all steel gears). The motor sound like a beast too. I love my Bubba blade too, but with a good electric knife, I'd take on any challenge when it comes to cleaning limits of reds and specks!!

GE EK-1.jpg

Get the Rigid one-handed reciprocating saw. Many guide services use this for day in-day out cleaning of tons of fish daily. Powerful motor and no mods to the saw are needed. Also has a built in LED light. If registered with Rigid after purchase get a lifetime service warranty. You'll have a powerful filet knife that doubles as a nice little reciprocating saw for many uses around the house. About $99.00

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-TH...3031/100646504

Get the Filletzall blade (Puglia's sells them or order on line.) The blade is made from a Dexter serrated blade and has the tang machined to fit the saw.

You don't have to worry about cutting your finger, you have to worry about cutting it off.

8" blade about $33.00 and 12" about $40.00

https://filletzall.com

You really won't want to use this combo for trout, but once you get used to it, it makes filleting reds, snapper and even sheepshead a breeze.

WHERE Y'AK?

Hobie Fishing Team
    Hobie Outback Red
    Hobie PA 14 Yellow
    Hobie Outfitter Orange

BCKFC Ultimate Kayak Angler 2011 - 2017
    BCKFC Master Kayak Angler 2011

"Like fish, not all fishermen will come to a Hobie, but they all want to!"

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
    STAY THIRSTY, my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezpique View Post
    but with a good electric knife, I'd take on any challenge when it comes to cleaning limits of reds and specks!!
    Sounds like a good competition for PP and FNT. That could help solve the fish cleaning problems at these tourneys. Maybe offer a nice cash prize or knife package or both!

Dang, no love for Wusthof or VA? Tough crowed. Used a Havalon Baracuta the other day, first time using one on fish but it worked well. A little sharper than I like my fillet knives to be but I was still pleasantly surprised.