Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reggio Launch Possible Closure

It is a great launch location and would be horrible to lose, I'm going to try and track down Reggio Mike and his pet opossum down today for a quote. You can always launch across the street and paddle under the bridge too.

Does anyone know what they are asking ?? would be a nice place for a camp

I was told he's gonna make lots out of it for camps and camps will own launch. You may want to inquire about a lot while available. If your into duck hunting it will create a very good opportunity for you as I'm sure some will have to give up leases if they don't have launch access. Good location Delacroix lots sold for around $75 so I imagine that would be price range I think but ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjim View Post
    I was told he's gonna make lots out of it for camps and camps will own launch. You may want to inquire about a lot while available. If your into duck hunting it will create a very good opportunity for you as I'm sure some will have to give up leases if they don't have launch access. Good location Delacroix lots sold for around $75 so I imagine that would be price range I think but ya never know.
    Most all of Reggio has experienced poor duck hunting for the last several years. Last year I gave up my lease that I had there for well over 25 years. While I have had some epic hunts over that time, the last several years have been dismal. Despite no storms and an abundance of feed, the bird patterns have changed and they simply do not go to Reggio like they used to.

Certainly others will give up leases if the access gets more difficult, but I wouldn't be thinking of duck hunting the area as a reason to plunk out $150K or more for a lot and camp.

WHERE Y'AK?

Hobie Fishing Team
    Hobie Outback Red
    Hobie PA 14 Yellow
    Hobie Outfitter Orange

BCKFC Ultimate Kayak Angler 2011 - 2017
    BCKFC Master Kayak Angler 2011

"Like fish, not all fishermen will come to a Hobie, but they all want to!"

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
    STAY THIRSTY, my friends.

Chris you are right about the duck hunting. We used to have a lease for a couple years off bayou juanita and were lucky to shoot 3-4 ducks a trip. My dad took me as a kid under the bridge to the other side north of lake leary where we would crush the ducks. The feed is there, but they choose to go to either biloxi marsh, delacroix, or further down towards scarsdale area.
    Team Jackson Kayak
    Jackson Cuda 12
    GMC Yukon