Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice Chest rig for new Manta Ray

Ice Chest rig for new Manta Ray

I've been using this setup over 3 years now and is my favorite mod on my Propel 13. I decided to make another for my new kayak and have posted pictures incase anyone wants to make their own. I think it's a great setup for narrow stern kayaks. BTW, I bought this carbon paddle from Academy last week for $59, thought it was a super deal.

Ice Chest.jpgIce Chest 1.jpgIce Chest 2.jpgIce Chest 3.jpgIce Chest 6.jpgIce Chest 7.jpgIce Chest 4.jpgIce Chest 5.jpgPaddle.jpg

BCKFC Member
    Nice toenails Nez!

Why are your pics sideways?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfish View Post
    Nice toenails Nez!
    Thanks, just had em done

Quote Originally Posted by CwitdeR View Post
    Why are your pics sideways?
    Hell, idk! Turn your computer on its edge and it's all good ��

If you keep your camera in the horizontal position, that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CwitdeR View Post
    If you keep your camera in the horizontal position, that won't happen.
    LOL, no, it's my new computer. Files show them in the correct position but when I attach them, they turn sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezpique View Post
    LOL, no, it's my new computer. Files show them in the correct position but when I attach them, they turn sideways.
    My pictures do that on all the vBulletin forums I post on.
    Shopping for a new Kayak!

Just for sh*tz and giggles, give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezpique View Post
    I've been using this setup over 3 years now and is my favorite mod on my Propel 13. I decided to make another for my new kayak and have posted pictures incase anyone wants to make their own. I think it's a great setup for narrow stern kayaks. BTW, I bought this carbon paddle from Academy last week for $59, thought it was a super deal.
    I'm sold on your cooler/rod holder combo and found the Igloo Glide 38qt cooler today at Academy for $35! I couldn't figure out what you did until I had the Glide in hand (and turned my monitor on its side)! I'm wondering what you used for the thick white pieces added to the sides. It looks something like NeverRot PVC sold in Home Depot. After you duplicated the screw pattern on the added pieces, did you sandwich the frame and handle back under to keep the functionality of the handle. I like that the wheels will pop off and on as needed.

This chest is a perfect size for slot reds and this rig will also be useful if I bank or surf fish! I've resisted the fish bag route for several reasons - I like this idea better! I only need for my ice to last the day - I don't need a $250, 20 lb deep freezer! Thanks for sharing!
    2016 Native Slayer Propel 13 - Hidden Oak
    2015 Jackson Big Tuna - Sunrise