Thread: Looking for fishing buddies in NOLA.

BCKFC Member

Looking for fishing buddies in NOLA.

I am looking for anyone interested letting me tag along to learn some local fishing areas. I have fished Lafitte since the 80's but not in a kayak. I have a Hobie Outback and would like like to do some fishing from it.

Living in Marrero, you should try fishing Lake Hermitage, Grand Bayou Rd., Happy Jack, Port Sulphur, Buras, and on down toward Venice since it's an easy drive. There are lots of good spots down highway 23. I mainly fish at Hopedale, Reggio, Shell Beach, and Delacroix since they are all within an hour's drive to my house. In the fall I like to fish along highway 23, usually around Port Sulphur. I'm pretty spontaneous in going on fishing trips, but if I plan one in advance I'll shoot you a message a few days before I go.
    Tee Chuck

Catch them from the kayak. Catch them on the fly.

I live in Ponchatoula, but am willing to travel to fish. Most good spots are about 1 hr 45 minutes or so from me. I will let you know when I go

BCKFC Member
    Thanks. Looking forward to meeting you. My neighbors and I are going to the Sportsman Show tomorrow. Are you planning on attending?

I've been working on my Hobie lately. Changed the round hatch out in front of the seat, added storage boxes in the new hatch and the front hatch. Installed a Lowrance Hook5 depth finder/GPS unit and a sailing rudder. Bought some commercial leashes but I am going to make some home made ones out of weed eater cord. Watched a video on how to make them.
    Tight Lines

I'll be at the BCKFC booth on Friday.
    Tee Chuck

Catch them from the kayak. Catch them on the fly.