Thread: Best places to yak around Lafayette ?

Best places to yak around Lafayette ?

I'm a noob at this so any advice would be great appreciated

Go try out LKFC.com. Local lafayette kayake fishing club.

Wanting to fish of just get on the water? Lake Martin is close but watch out for the gators.

If you're just looking to hit the water and paddle around Lake Martin is about 30 minutes from town and is an excellent scenic paddle.

There aren't any "good" saltwater fishing spots close to Lafayette, closest would be out west and you'll have to travel 1.5 hours or so.

Speaking of Lake Martin I put on a small CPR bass tournament on Lake Martin every other Wednesday. It's worth checking out, one of our last payouts was $225. Details are posted on the LKFC forum and Facebook page under the Clock Out Classic.
    Silver F250
    Native Slayer 14.5
    Illuminati Cuda 14

BCKFC Member
    As Dieseldude said saltwater is an easy drive. In November Cyptrmort Point gets better. Check out LKFC forum. They have the Salty Boot and the Slamboree coming up soon. Both are in Leeville. Good luck and welcome. It doesn't hurt to belong to both clubs like many are doing

Lake Henderson is one of the BEST spots for fresh water fishing.... and its just before lafayette.. Google kerns landing... Bluegills, Bass, Sacs by the plenty... Gators? have any of you had any close calls with gators? To my knowledge.. there isnt one record of a gator attacking(killing) a kayaker in Louisiana. florida is another story..

Lake Chicot is an hour North of you and has some pretty good fishing.
    David Anderson
    Hobie Outback Blue
    Jackson Cuda 14 Black Widow

Butte la rose bayou near henderson... look up davis roadside park in breaux bridge. It can be good when basin is falling. Also look up the 2 landings in sherburne wma for big and little alabama bayous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hobie Outback Moss Green