Thread: Gauging Interest for Offshore Outcast Tournament in Florida

BCKFC Assistant Tournament Director

Gauging Interest for Offshore Outcast Tournament in Florida

I've seen so many people fishing offshore recently, I was trying to gauge the interest in trying to set up an offshore tournament out of Florida. It will take some time to prep, etc. so it would likely be next year. We can set it up over a weekend, with the tournament taking place on either a Friday or Saturday so we can pick the better day to fish. I'd like to get with some of the locals to see if they'd be willing to help out with a launch spot off the beach, etc. and maybe give us some tips on tackle, bait, etc. I think it would also be a good idea to have this a team tournament so no one is fishing alone, in the case of an emergency. Everyone goes to the beach over the summer anyway, so if we start planning now, we can have everyone bring the family down and maybe get a block of rooms together at a hotel. Thoughts?
    Sean R.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2015 Grand Jeep Cherokee
    Editor/Publisher/Writer/Photographer for www.kayakfishla.com

The only problem with setting up an offshore tournament - you never know what the weather/wind/seas will be doing on any given day. We plan every trip around the weather/seas, generally it's only a few days notice of what it will look like - and even then it isn't always accurate. I'd be interested, depending on the time of the year - any time after mid June is good for me. I'm signed up for King of the Island Pensacola in September - praying for great weather!
    Native Slayer Propel 10 (Blue Lagoon) Slayer Propel 13 (Lizard Lick)
    Nissan Frontier (Forged Copper)

I'd be in too
    Team Jackson Kayak
    Jackson Cuda 12
    GMC Yukon

Destin the week before and after July 4th would be my preferred location and timing...would ask that for "offshore" that sailing be allowed...would really like a "group" outing like Lafayette does...
    Dave
    Yellow Adv Island
    4runner/Xterra

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Yakker View Post
    I've seen so many people fishing offshore recently, I was trying to gauge the interest in trying to set up an offshore tournament out of Florida. It will take some time to prep, etc. so it would likely be next year. We can set it up over a weekend, with the tournament taking place on either a Friday or Saturday so we can pick the better day to fish. I'd like to get with some of the locals to see if they'd be willing to help out with a launch spot off the beach, etc. and maybe give us some tips on tackle, bait, etc. I think it would also be a good idea to have this a team tournament so no one is fishing alone, in the case of an emergency. Everyone goes to the beach over the summer anyway, so if we start planning now, we can have everyone bring the family down and maybe get a block of rooms together at a hotel. Thoughts?
    You have the GCKFA over there. They do 2 tournament a year(the 17th next weekend being one of them). They way they set it up is inshore or offshore. That way regardless what the conditions are you can still fish. I've never been over there where there has not been other anglers, and 9 times out of 10 they have no problem helping out. Also there is a Navarre club on facebook that does small cash tournaments almost every weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Yakker View Post
    You have the GCKFA over there. They do 2 tournament a year(the 17th next weekend being one of them). They way they set it up is inshore or offshore. That way regardless what the conditions are you can still fish. I've never been over there where there has not been other anglers, and 9 times out of 10 they have no problem helping out. Also there is a Navarre club on facebook that does small cash tournaments almost every weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

BCKFC Sponsor Coordinator BayouBound's Avatar
    How about a Saturday OR Sunday...that way us Mon-Fri folks don't have to use a vacation day.