Thread: Camping and Kayaking Indian Creek

Camping and Kayaking Indian Creek

My 2 sons, 2 grandsons and I spent a relaxing and peaceful weekend at Indian Creek a couple of weeks ago. Not much fishing other than a few small perch, but it wasn't really a fishing trip. This was my youngest grandson's 1st time in his kayak that he got for his birthday. Indian Creek is a great place to pitch a tent and paddle around just for the fun of it.

https://youtu.be/OpEL66zquak
    David Anderson
    Hobie Outback Blue
    Jackson Cuda 14 Black Widow

NICE! Them boys were eatin that up. Those are memories they'll remember for a long time.

Indian Creek primitive area is a great camping spot. Fishing can be tough because the water is so clear. The better fishing areas are a long way by kayak from the primitive area, way on the other side of the lake. That being said, we've caught a bunch of white perch night fishing with lanterns near the dam.
    Native Ultimate 14.5
    Blue Ford F150 4x4

Nezpique, thanks for the kind words. Lowhound, you are right about the lake, I've fished it many times in the past 40 years or so. We thought about hanging a lantern in the trees, but the grandsons decided they preferred to watch a movie. They wore themselves out paddling most of the day.
    David Anderson
    Hobie Outback Blue
    Jackson Cuda 14 Black Widow