Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heat

BCKFC Tournament Director Yak-a-Lou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GentillyGringo View Post
    You mean to tell me it doesn't interfere with your nineteen fishing rods?? Lol!
    Believe it or not, the interference is very minimal. I have to be a tad more careful taking a new one out and putting the other one back but all in all, no big deal.

For the record... just advertising what works for me. Not pushing nothin on nobody.

Encouraging YOU to join the REVOLUTION and become a PRO ANGLER in the great OUTBACK!!!

Hers: 2017 Hobie Outback - dune
    His: 2015 Hobie Outback - red
    Hers: 2015 YOLO Fisher Board
    His: 2011(?) YOLO Yak Board
    White Toyota Tundra w/ camper shell
    Residence = Too close to Cabela's

Confucius say: More time hook in water, more time fish on hook.

tlewis4074

I grew up in this brier patch, and the heat does not really bother me. It's when those lightning bolts start zipping over my head that I run for the house.
    Tee Chuck

Catch them from the kayak. Catch them on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak-a-Lou View Post
    Believe it or not, the interference is very minimal. I have to be a tad more careful taking a new one out and putting the other one back but all in all, no big deal.

For the record... just advertising what works for me. Not pushing nothin on nobody.
    Just giving you a hard time! As they say, whatever floats your boat!

I don't fish with my Versabrella very often, but when I do, it is simply attached to the upper tubing on my seat and it's very solid. I like the umbrella just over my head, maybe a foot give or take. Being close to you provides much better protection regardless of sun angle, so less adjusting. YES, I know it's there, but I never cast overhanded, so it's not an issue for casting. I only use it in extreme conditions and very happy to have it. If I have to stand for whatever reason, I just simply loosen the knob and flip it back out of the way. Like Gringo says, whatever floats your boat.

Hydration is most important but electrolyte loss is the real bugaboo. Check out www.nuunlife.com for a dynamite portable electrolyte supplement that you dissolve in your water bottle for instant, high quality electrolyte replacement therapy. This stuff REALLY works! I started cramping in those 6's in Bell Pass last weekend. Dropped a tab in the water bottle and 20 mins later I'm back in action. If everything goes as planned, there will be a sample in every Goodie Bag at Ride The Bull. They're sending 5 cases so I'm sure I'll have some if you guys want to try it. You can get tubes at most cycling and running stores and some of the Academy store stock limited supplies.

20170420_132124(0).jpg
    I believe these are still available. We've had ours for about 5 years now, and they are still in good condition.
    "If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do"

Great advice!! That's why I don't do much summer fishing. That and all the people on the water.
    Mirrolure pro staff

I might have to try the umbrella thing! Last week was the closest I have felt to the heat whipping me in a kayak! The sky was mostly clear as I pedaled a couple of miles down MRGO about noon. Every time one of those small clouds covered the sun the temperature seemed to drop 15 degrees. I have a spare bazooka tube to experiment with the umbrella since I found them almost useless for holding my spinning rods.
    2016 Native Slayer Propel 13 - Hidden Oak
    2015 Jackson Big Tuna - Sunrise

IMG_8368.jpg

PSA: Walmart has these insulated 1/2 gallon jugs for $15. They'll keep water cold for 2 days and take up little room on the yak.

ETA: I have no idea why my pics sitting sideways
    K.O.K.O. Keep on keepin' on!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTigahs View Post
    IMG_8368.jpg

PSA: Walmart has these insulated 1/2 gallon jugs for $15. They'll keep water cold for 2 days and take up little room on the yak.

ETA: I have no idea why my pics sitting sideways
    Worse than that, every time I turn my phone to view it, it's still sideways
    "If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do"