PDA

View Full Version : Skunk Fest

swamppro
06-13-2010, 07:55 AM
I would love to see an event on the lake again. Skunk Fest used to be a good time and there are some quality fish in there as of late:hide:

GreenWave
06-13-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm in.

Sandman
06-13-2010, 08:16 AM
I'm in! How about including Lk Borgne, Lk St. Catherine, and Lk Marapaus?

GreenWave
06-13-2010, 08:35 AM
I'd support St. Catherine and Maurepas. Lake Borgne probably means a Shell Beach launch, which will already have been inbounds and used extensively in 2 other tournaments this year (Redfish Rumble and Where Yak). How about Lake Pontchartrain Basin, to include Lake Pontchartrain, Lake Maurepas, Rigolets, Lake St. Catherine and Chef Pass, plus all adjacent marsh and tributaries?

swamppro
06-13-2010, 08:55 AM
I was thinking lake pontch only. No tributaries. This will force people to realize there are quality fish in the lake

fishtaco
06-13-2010, 09:07 AM
I was thinking lake pontch only. No tributaries. This will force people to realize there are quality fish in the lake

Or have everyone end up with the skunk, as the name implies

GreenWave
06-13-2010, 09:10 AM
I'd be happy with just the Ponch too. Weigh in site? I think I saw on another thread that Fountainbleau St. Park worked well last summer, but I imagine most people would be fishing further East than that. Is there anywhere around Slidell? PsychoJoe's house? :smilegrin:

all_in
06-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Skunk fest sounds like fun. Count me in.

Branch_Office
06-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Sounds good to me depending on date! In in..I know I can at least skunk!

Coomz
06-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Irish bayou would be a good site. That would make the tressle, hwy 11, new twin span and the old twin span doable for everyone. I also heard there is an artficial reefs between the old twin span and the hwy 11 bridge. Lots of location within sight range.

tefishmaster
06-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Branch_office and i have been thinking we could fry some fish, maybe this would be a good time for it. Someone throw some dates out there.

Glwlsu
06-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Lots of bars on hwy 11 (for some reason !!) sure they won't mind setting us up if we buy some beer from them. The marina to the left of Hwy 11 always has poker runs etc. Sure we could find something in the area. I'm in if the date is good.

MDR
06-13-2010, 10:38 AM
I like it.

I can probably even catch a winning hardhead. As for anything else..........sigh.

yak-aholic
06-13-2010, 12:29 PM
I seem to be remembering some mention of The Dock in Slidell showing some support for the club last year. May be another viable weigh-in location. Only fished the twin spans once in my life, but always open to learning another place to fish.

ijuswannafish
06-13-2010, 04:02 PM
Sounds like another good reason to get together and fish for me. I would like to learn to fish Lady Ponch. I am sure I can get a skunk also.

Yak-a-Lou
06-13-2010, 04:28 PM
How do we measure who got the most skunked to declare a winner?

Most casts made without a catch?
Most different lures used without a hook-up?
Weigh all equipment actually used? The skunkee using the most (heaviest) equipment is the winner? (I have a shot at this.)

What exactly is the criteria for King Skunk Punk?

;) ;) ;)

Yak-a-Lou
06-13-2010, 04:29 PM
^^^^^ not serious. Just being goofy.

walleye
06-13-2010, 04:35 PM
We all probably need to learn how to fish the big lake as additional areas affected by the oil crime. I think we should limit it to the lake or close by to make us uninformed experience this resource. I like the idea of trying to get a bar to help with the set up. I promise to drink more than my share.

yak-aholic
06-13-2010, 04:58 PM
How do we measure who got the most skunked to declare a winner?

Most casts made without a catch?
Most different lures used without a hook-up?
Weigh all equipment actually used? The skunkee using the most (heaviest) equipment is the winner? (I have a shot at this.)

What exactly is the criteria for King Skunk Punk?

;) ;) ;)

Except for the fact that I accidentally caught one yesterday, I think I could have been a contender in this category.

Branch_Office
06-13-2010, 05:33 PM
We all probably need to learn how to fish the big lake as additional areas affected by the oil crime. I think we should limit it to the lake or close by to make us uninformed experience this resource. I like the idea of trying to get a bar to help with the set up. I promise to drink more than my share.

In agreement with your statement 100 %...all of it!