PDA

View Full Version : FYI Empire IFA

Choupique
06-08-2010, 12:01 PM
IFA Anglers,
The IFA is very sensitive to the hardship that the people of Louisiana and other Gulf regions are facing right now due to the oil spill. Our hearts go out to you and your families.

In regards to the scheduled Empire, LA events June 19th and 20thÖThe Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries and Delta Marina have agreed to allow and are encouraging the IFA Empire, LA event to launch and be held at Delta Marina (as previously planned) with the following stipulation: Anglers can cross closed waters to fish in another open area. Anglers cannot stop, fish, or do anything else besides using the closed waters as a transit area. The waters at Delta Marina are closed, but our resources are telling us there are plenty of open waters to fish.

We have heard from a number of anglers that have indicated they would like us to come have the event in Empire, LA. In fairness to everyone we need to hear from more of you to reach a consensus. For this reason our goal is to have a minimum of 50 boats and 25 kayaks to have viable Empire, LA events. If your intention is to fish this event, we are asking by end of business day, June 11th for you to pre-register with at least a $200 entry fee deposit for the IFA Redfish Tour and a $50 entry fee deposit for the IFA Kayak Fishing Tour. We want to support the anglers during this time, but also need to see that the support for this event is there. We want to do what is best for you, the anglers!! This is a no risk guarantee, if we donít have the event due to the conditions getting worse or the goal not being met, we will refund the money you have put down.

If you have any questions or would like to pre-register please either call the office (numbers below) or respond to this email.

Best regards,
IFA Staff
478-836-4266 (Lee) or 941-266-5338 (Christy)

Iím registering and hope you other guys do as well!

Where Y'ak?
06-08-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm already payed up for the remaining two Louisiana events.

Where Y'ak?
06-08-2010, 01:27 PM
IF YOU'RE GOING TO FISH THIS IFA PLEASE CALL CHRISTY ASAP. THEY NEED TO GET A HEAD COUNT IN ORDER TO KEEP THE EVENT SCHEDULED.

Christy Schad

Inshore Fishing Association

941-266-5338

866-727-2809(fax)

Glwlsu
06-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Not sure of the 25 Kayak number only 4 of the 10 events already held have had more than 25 ! There were 21 in Panama City and only 44 power boats. Which I'm sure isn't a lot when they are giving out over $35,000 in prize money !!! I'm already in.

Hobie1Kenobie
06-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Lord do I wish I could make this one. I don't get home until the 30th or I would absolutely be there. Rest assured I will be there for the Grand Isle in August.

Choupique
06-08-2010, 03:13 PM
kinda unfair expectations; but we should try to fulfill them if we can.

Tigerfish
06-08-2010, 03:23 PM
I would but the mandatory captain's meeting the night before is kinda a deal breaker for me as I can't make it for that.

Choupique
06-08-2010, 03:25 PM
they allow folks to sign you in and take your badge and measuring stick David.

Tigerfish
06-08-2010, 03:31 PM
This is Mike.

David is the ugly one. haha

So someone could sign me in, and get my stuff and I could still fish the next day if I meet up with that person to get it?

Then it might be do-able after all.

Hobie1Kenobie
06-08-2010, 04:15 PM
kinda unfair expectations; but we should try to fulfill them if we can.

I totally agree. We want to support this as much as is possible so that these tournaments continue. I really want to get down on one, just have not had the opportunity to yet due to work.

ReelThrill
06-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Already paid up for the 2 remaining Local events as well. Hope they get the number needed to make this thing happen.

Cajun_Caster
06-08-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm already paid up as well.

Choupique
06-08-2010, 07:54 PM
spread the word guys it we get even close there is no way they pull it from us!

ijuswannafish
06-09-2010, 01:20 AM
IF YOU'RE GOING TO FISH THIS IFA PLEASE CALL CHRISTY ASAP. THEY NEED TO GET A HEAD COUNT IN ORDER TO KEEP THE EVENT SCHEDULED.

Christy Schad

Inshore Fishing Association

941-266-5338

866-727-2809(fax)

Calling as soon as I get up to let her know to add 2 more to the list. Dad and I are registering Friday.

Where Y'ak?
06-10-2010, 12:42 PM
DEADLINE EXTENSION:

Empire UPDATE:
The DEADLINE to meet 50 boats and 25 kayaks has been extended until Monday, June 14th .. Call 478-836-4266 or 941-266-5338 to pay your deposit!

IFA Anglers,

The IFA is very sensitive to the hardship that the people of Louisiana and other Gulf regions are facing right now due to the oil spill. Our hearts go out to you and your families. In regards to the scheduled Empire, LA events June 19th and 20th...The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries and Delta Marina have agreed to allow and are encouraging the IFA to conduct the Empire, LA event at Delta Marina (as previously planned) with the following stipulation: Anglers can cross closed waters to fish in another open area. Anglers cannot stop, fish, or do anything else besides using the closed waters as a transit area. The waters at Delta Marina are closed, but our resources are telling us there are plenty of open waters to fish.

We have heard from a number of anglers that have indicated they would like us to come have the event in Empire, LA. In fairness to everyone we need to hear from more of you to reach a consensus. For this reason our goal is to have a minimum of 50 boats and 25 kayaks to have viable Empire, LA events. If your intention is to fish this event, we are asking by end of business day, June 11th for you to pre-register with at least a $200 entry fee deposit for the IFA Redfish Tour and a $50 entry fee deposit for the IFA Kayak Fishing Tour. We want to support the anglers during this time, but also need to see that the support for this event is there. We want to do what is best for you, the anglers!! This is a no risk guarantee, if we don't have the event due to the conditions getting worse or the goal not being met, we will refund the money you have put down.

If you have any questions or would like to pre-register please either call the office (numbers below).

Best regards,
IFA Staff
478-836-4266 (Lee) or 941-266-5338 (Christy)

PRE-REGISTER for IFA Redfish Tour and IFA Kayak Fishing Tour in Empire, La.
Call 941-266-5338

http://www.ifakayakfishingtour.com/

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss101/cvholmes/IFAlogo.jpg

Choupique
06-10-2010, 12:49 PM
I called Keeton to tell him we could hopefully get some more participation after the Radio spots this weekend. The paddlers Report on Outdoors with Don, and maybe he could even get something mentioned on Eagle Outside with Capt. Sam and C-Mac.

Cobia 1
06-10-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm in, paid up! Christy said that a final decision will be made on Monday! We need to get more folks to sign up!

Glwlsu
06-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks for that donation Minnow 1 !!!!!

Hobie1Kenobie
06-10-2010, 02:15 PM
This makes me nervous about the Grand Isle event in August. It's the only one I would have been home to enter and am very unsure now if it will even happen.

GreenWave
06-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Just paid my $50 deposit.

ijuswannafish
06-11-2010, 09:15 AM
Just paid up. Now I am ready to fish.

ReelThrill
06-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Just got off the phone with Christy and so far they do not have the 25. Come on guys, lets make this happen. 3 kayaks up for grabs.

breamkiller
06-11-2010, 09:43 AM
I am in, just paid

ijuswannafish
06-11-2010, 11:07 PM
I called Keeton to tell him we could hopefully get some more participation after the Radio spots this weekend. The paddlers Report on Outdoors with Don, and maybe he could even get something mentioned on Eagle Outside with Capt. Sam and C-Mac.

Hopefully we can get enough people to sign up after hearing about it on the radio. I wish I knew some more People that fished out of a yak to help make this happen.

bernmurd
06-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Just put down my deposit

tefishmaster
06-13-2010, 10:24 AM
That's not a suprise after that stringer you brought in Yesterday. Now can you find a spec to match those Reds?? Look out Choupique !!

Branch_Office
06-13-2010, 11:05 AM
OK just trying to get some clarification on some of th IFA points. 1) You catch a fish (spec or red) take a picture with their camera, board and token and release the fish. 2) You can only register one fish from each species..red and / or spec. 3) You can enter a red up to 45" 4) First person to weigh in breaks a tie situation. 5) You can only have one rod fishing at a time.

So weight do not really have a factor here ..it is length? It is not a question of catching 5 fish as much as the biggest fish in length? The same fish can enter in the "slam" and big red or trout?

It is hard that this is on Father's day other wise I think more people would enter. Thanks for the clarifications...

Choupique
06-13-2010, 12:55 PM
yea, you take pictures each time you catch a species that eclipses the one prior; take as many pics as you like. You also take a pic of your kayak at safe light with the token (name badge) and the ruler in it prior to launching at the given launch time. Weight is not a factor, a few other rules folks may not be familiar with are: no trolling, no calling each other via phones etc on the water (yelling OK), Fish must be hooked in the mouth (no snagging) and the other one you mentioned above about only working one lure at a time,

Glwlsu
06-13-2010, 01:04 PM
You must have your own camera. You hand your card in and they do the measuring total inches. They will give the memory card back but should only have pics from that day . They give you the ruler and name/boat badge. Also at weigh in everyone wins a door prize. Usually pretty good stuff. They give two cabella $100 gift certificate. Seems that if Chris is there only one is given out he seems to win one every time. I have won a net in the three I fished !!! It is a good net at least I have been able to get fish in the new one.

buddhaman
06-13-2010, 01:26 PM
I just left a message for Christy to call me. Sorry, I hope it's not too late. Got surgery scheduled for the 21st, but, what the hey!!

Coomz
06-13-2010, 02:34 PM
So they set the launch time for everyone? How late was the launch time for the cocodrie ifa

Glwlsu
06-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Usually safe light.

Choupique
06-13-2010, 03:11 PM
My buddy says today was 6am, but that was 400 miles west of us in Rockport, TX. We should be about 15min earlier I’m guessing. Also he said a 28" trout was caught today by the winner! DAMN

buddhaman
06-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Paid my membership fee and registration fee for Empire. I guess I'll hear tomorrow from Christy. Can you only launch from the marina or can you truck your yak to the spot you want to fish?

Coomz
06-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Man I wish there was a place in new orleans that rented hobies. I want to rent a hobie sport for the ifa. Anyone want to switch their hobie sport for my hobie outback for next sunday? I'll throw in a case of cold beer!

bernmurd
06-13-2010, 04:26 PM
That's not a suprise after that stringer you brought in Yesterday. Now can you find a spec to match those Reds?? Look out Choupique !!

I have a plan, just have to see what happens. I'll have my fingers crossed

Glwlsu
06-13-2010, 05:33 PM
You can launch anywhere only have to be back for weigh in at Marina. Power boats goe out of marina on Sat. Kayaks can launch whereever.

buddhaman
06-14-2010, 06:08 AM
Thanks Giwisu!!

buddhaman
06-14-2010, 02:43 PM
My apologies to Glwlsu in the above post. I can't read even with reading glasses. I can only tie a knot on a hook by memory and when my memory goes --- well there goes my fishing. Sorry again for not being able to tell between an l and an i.

Glwlsu
06-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Been call a lot worse !!!!! No problem I understand those computer "grimlins" !!!!!

Choupique
06-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Looks like they are fu#@#$%g bailing on us. :boese104:

all_in
06-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Geeze Choup. How many ProAnglers do you really need?

Hobie1Kenobie
06-14-2010, 07:31 PM
IFA website says it is postponed/cancelled. Not a good indicator for the Grand Isle event.