PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Idea.

Glwlsu
05-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Kicking around an idea for a tournament. I know we have talked somewhat about this in the past. I would like to start up a tournament that has veterans/wounded warriors/etc with the main beneficiary.

I think we could put this on (even with the oil spill) and make it an annual event. I'm sure the guys from Lafayette Club would be interested in helping as would any kayak club.

Questions for the forum is should we limit to only kayak or have powerboat/kayak/etc division

My idea would be to try and have an individual event plus some type of team event (fish with a vet)

I'm sure we would have no problems with sponsors, etc.

Throwing it out there to see what the club thinks.

Location ??? Date ???

who-yak
05-28-2010, 03:14 PM
I agree with WACT, throw something up and see what sticks. If available that weekend I'd be in for sure.

Hobie1Kenobie
05-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Maybe we could do a kayak only thing to start until it gets roots and then expand it. I also think the team event (fish with a vet) would be awesome. That way I could team up with a good fisherman and actually stand a chance of winning (I have a DD214).

We could do a freshwater tournament...

Reel Rebel
05-29-2010, 05:10 AM
+1 for the VETS! Thank God for our TROOPS!

Maybe have a portion of the entry go to a charity...I'm linked up with the Folds of Honor Foundation, through Patriot Golf Day. Scholarships for children of fallen heroes:
http://www.foldsofhonor.com/

Thank God for our TROOPS and Sandman!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!