PDA

View Full Version : Perceprion sport pescador 12

Timbeaux
02-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Just picked up my perceprion sport from academy for 500 after accessories i spent about 650 took it out with rods and tackel and loved it caught to bass and worked out well. Just tried it out on a freshwater lake for my first time but sun will be going in the marsh. So far love it and would recommend it. Paddled very easily. I moved around a lot in it and never flipped. Did have a problam staying stable getting in and out of the yak.

snake doctor
02-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Sounds about right. Glad you are enjoying the new kayak.

Get a pair of rubber/waterproof boots (even those white cajun loafers will do) and wear them when you launch so that you can step into the water. Once you get going you can kick them off and stow them in your milk crate or in a hatch. Put them back on when you come in so that you can step out in the water. Boots are also good to wear around launches because of the sharp stuff - nails, hooks, glass, etc.- that can cut your feet. It is easy for a cut or puncture wound on a foot to become infected.

Timbeaux
02-18-2012, 10:36 PM
I have my waders i wore those on sunday and it worked out pretty good

Biggie
02-19-2012, 12:50 AM
That was my first yak also. But I drank the kool aid and became a hobie owner. Lol
i loved that yak. Good job picking out a good one.

Timbeaux
02-21-2012, 12:28 AM
Thanks I love it already

yak-aholic
02-21-2012, 01:21 AM
That's a great first yak to get started on. Good job getting it slimmed on your first trip out. Hope you have many more fruitful trips coming your way.
As far as tipping the yak goes, keep your head over the boat and you should be fine. Most of the involuntary swimming excursions taken from kayaks result in some sort of operator error.

Tat2yak
08-28-2012, 11:39 PM
this is a great kayak. truth be told, this kayak is the same mold that a 2006-2008 (? years may be a bit off) wilderness systems tarpon 120. I had one while on the left coast and would take it offshore with no problems.