PDA

View Full Version : PP7 Results

Branch_Office
05-18-2010, 05:30 PM
OK, I picked up some of the cards and here are the results as I can make them out:

Cajun Slam....
1st Place - All In 11.45 lbs
2nd Place- Choupique 9.95 lbs
3rd Place - MarshDaddy 8.95 lbs
4th Place - SandMan 8.30 lbs
5th Place - BRKayaker 8.05 lbs

Mule Trout.....
1st Place - Wolverrine 5.60 lbs
2nd Place -RevRedfish 2.30 lbs
3rd Place -Bonefish 1.65 lbs
4th Place - BoilerinLA 1.45 lbs
5th Place - RedSpot 1.00 lbs

RedFish......
1st Place - BayouCadillac 8.25 lbs
2nd Place -Brock Deloach 7.85 lbs
3rd Place -PiroguePete 7.50 lbs
4th Place -WhereYak 7.05 lbs
5th Place -Durango 6.85 lbs

Flounder....
1st Place - GHack 16 1/4"
2nd Place -TheOldCaster 16 1/8"
3rd Place - MarshDaddy 15 3/4"
4th Place - YaknFish 15 1/2"
5th Place - ValBog 14 3/4"

Trash....
1st Place - ECB 4.30 lbs
2nd Place -TEFishmaster 3.30 lbs
3rd Place - BoilerinLA 3.20 lbs
4th Place - HobieOne 3.00 lbs

Leopard Red....
1st Place - Durango 12 spots
2nd Place- NorthShoreBill 12 spots
3rd Place - Mung 12 spots

What ... A three way tie! The tie breaker was determined by an announcement made at Captain's meeting on Friday night stating that the first person to weigh in after the scales opened would be the winner and tie breaker. That was Durango who was the 8th person to weigh fish after the scales opened. NorthShoreBill was 22nd and Mung was 41st to bring fish into the scales.

Congratulations to all who caught fish and those who placed above. It was a good turnout (despite circumstances on location and all) and the feedback has been very very good.

I know there are always a few bugs to work out but we are getting there and it should just get better and better.

Thanks again to everyone for your support from your officers! And let's be sure and thank all of our sponsors who helped make this possible as well.

GreenWave
05-18-2010, 05:36 PM
How come reds and trout were weighed but flounders were measured? Did they keep sliding off the scale?

Sandman
05-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Now that I'm getting warmed up to fishin' from a yak I'll have to take All In's spot for the next one! :lol:

theoldcaster
05-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Even theoldcaster is not that cocky!

Branch_Office
05-18-2010, 06:09 PM
How come reds and trout were weighed but flounders were measured? Did they keep sliding off the scale?

Ahh, you have had that problem too? No, that is just the way it has been done.

Choupique
05-18-2010, 06:21 PM
BayouCadillac 8.25 lbs

DAMN! Thats basically 4th place slam! Awesome fish man!

Choupique
05-18-2010, 06:24 PM
but where is the TRASH category! Boiler and TE got in on that I know!

Branch_Office
05-18-2010, 06:33 PM
but where is the TRASH category! Boiler and TE got in on that I know!

Ok, added it as well!

Sandman
05-18-2010, 06:37 PM
"BayouCadillac 8.25 lbs" DAMN! Thats basically 4th place slam! Awesome fish man!

Yeah, when I saw some of those monster fish when I was coming in to weigh in I was sceeeerrred! I've never seen so many monster fish in one place!

bigredbobber
05-18-2010, 08:18 PM
After nearly getting skunked and only bringing home 1 red and 1 drum (16 inch legal keepers) to show for the day, I am now a believer in all that mojo gris-gris prefishing talk I thought was just jibberjabber of people trying to get you to not pre-fish.

Here's what I pulled out of the water near Grand Isle the Sat before PPVII. Freaking twins, man.

Hobie1Kenobie
05-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Happy to see my name up there. Even if is for fourth place trash. Not bad for a newbie.

Branch_Office
05-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Better than over half of the people registered did... so, good job! 102 registered and there were 45 that weighed / entered fish in some category.

BayouCadillac
05-18-2010, 10:47 PM
DAMN! Thats basically 4th place slam! Awesome fish man!

Yeah...that fished redeemed my entire day...funny thing is I had a spec that I didn't even enter cuz I figured there would be no chance in the slam...I weighed in 3 people after All In....live and learn I guess...still had a great time, was good to get back on the water after a long hiatus and catching up with some old friends I hadn't spoken with in a while is always good...not to mention meeting some great guys while cleaning fish...in all a great tourney; looking forward to the next one.

Branch_Office
05-19-2010, 07:18 AM
Edited the PP7 results by adding spotted red results. Please see update. Thanks again to all for your support - Steve

Mung
05-19-2010, 10:02 AM
I actually weighed in my 12 spot red 3rd, which was my place. It was my first fish, caught around 6:30 am, but obviously someone has better strategical thinking than me on the early weigh-in. I was still desperately trying to catch my flounder for a slam until 6pm, when I saw Choupique drive by on his way to the weigh-in.

I still think one of these computer geniuses could develop a program for the weigh-in, that would make everything easier, and eliminate the need for all this extra work for the tourney folks. Plus we'd get to see where everyone finished in all categories, down thru 20th place or however many were entered. I am pretty sure that I and several others had a trout bigger than 1# that they failed to enter.

Anyhow, great work on the tournament guys, and thanks for all you do. Hope to see you at the Lafayette KFC tourney next month.

Choupique
05-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Yea, I would like to see the best fish win the best prizes; not who rolls the dice the best at the weigh-in.

Speckled_Tiger
05-19-2010, 10:10 AM
maybe this is why few tournaments have Slam type categories. Too many variables and LOTS of hassle for the tournament officials.

revredfish
05-19-2010, 11:22 AM
One simple rule - always weigh your fish.

I'm not sure how other tourney's do it but if you have a leader board active many will hang back with their fish until the end (of course this could hurt them in the case of a tie) then you have a mad scramble by the tourney directors to resolve all issues at the end. Unless there is a computer program running things, and the participant is the sole party responsible for placing of his or her fish.

Branch I for one would vote for the purchase of software and I appreciate your looking into it.

Choupique
05-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Its hard to guess where you should place your fish with no leader board though.

Branch_Office
05-19-2010, 12:54 PM
A brand new leader board was there just had no volunteers who wanted to stop fishing early and come work it.

I know that the weigh in time will not be that late again...too many problems holding it open and pushing everything else late (sorry for taking so long). That has already been decided on by the officers!

Branch_Office
05-19-2010, 01:02 PM
maybe this is why few tournaments have Slam type categories. Too many variables and LOTS of hassle for the tournament officials.

Yes, what you said!

coolhand
05-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey guys! Great tournament. However, you might want to check on a couple of these results. I can't take credit for that 2nd place redfish because it was over the slot limit (27 1/4). Also, I picked up Valbog's 3rd place prize for flounder. Thanks.

Coolhand

coolhand
06-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Just want to say this one more time. I did NOT get 2nd place redfish (Coolhand), nor did I claim a prize. My fish was over the limit 27 1/4". If they did call my name during the award presentation, then I was too busy drinking heavily to notice. Just in case you want to update that list. Had a great time! Peace.

Mung
06-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Just want to say this one more time. I did NOT get 2nd place redfish (Coolhand), nor did I claim a prize. My fish was over the limit 27 1/4". If they did call my name during the award presentation, then I was too busy drinking heavily to notice. Just in case you want to update that list. Had a great time! Peace.

!#$^$%!@&^$ sneaky attorneys. Weighs an illegal fish, then walks off with a prize. We may want to consider barring lawyers from the club. That other shyster from up Nort has tried to weigh two illegal fish at tournaments.

Branch_Office
06-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Correction on PP7 results..... An error was made in the 2nd place standing for Heavy Redfish. Coolhand had been posted on this forum as the second place winner but in reality it was Brock Deloach with a 7.85 Redfish. He got the prizes and trophy but the posting (my bad from reading Fred's writing after a beer or two) was incorrect. So once again, the second place winner was Brock Deloach.

Once again, congratulations to all that caught and weighed in fish (It may be a while before we have another good tourney). Let's get ready to Redfish Rumble and Fallin Tide '10.

marshdaddy
06-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Correction on PP7 results..... An error was made in the 2nd place standing for Heavy Redfish. Coolhand had been posted on this forum as the second place winner but in reality it was Brock Deloach with a 7.85 Redfish. He got the prizes and trophy but the posting (my bad from reading Fred's writing after a beer or two) was incorrect. So once again, the second place winner was Brock Deloach.

Once again, congratulations to all that caught and weighed in fish (It may be a while before we have another good tourney). Let's get ready to Redfish Rumble and Fallin Tide '10.

Greg, is this a legal disclaimer?????:bigsmile:

Branch_Office
06-02-2010, 04:16 PM
Greg, is this a legal disclaimer?????:bigsmile:

I am pleading the WACT'd amendment on that!

coolhand
06-03-2010, 03:55 PM
I did not walk away with a prize. Only an ice-chest raffle prize and a buzz. Damnit. Damn lawyers.