PDA

View Full Version : Are the PP7 results posted yet?

all_in
05-18-2010, 09:29 AM
I couldn't find the results - are they burried in a thread somewhere?

Choupique
05-18-2010, 09:35 AM
I think you won! Had a few at the weigh-in?

Branch_Office
05-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Still trying to put it all together. I picked up some of the cards and several others picked up some of the cards so we are trying to consolidate the info. The cards I picked up were in my truck that is having a new transmission put in so it may be a couple of days before I have access to the ones I have.

On that note.... I am looking at Tournament Software that would take care of some of our problems and make things a little easier. I am trying a demo or two now. These things would keep track of all tourneys on an individual event and for the year, print labels, cards for standings and be able to post on our site as well. Even has an interface for plugging into a leader board for displays of placement.

Will keep everyone posted.

MDR
05-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Fred mentioned in one of the other threads that his result cards had been misplaced. (I'm being nice, but it does go to show that the Dos Gris award was appropriately given)

I believe they are trying to compile the list and will post when they have gathered the info. And of course if you forgot you won could you also possibly forget to leave the new yak at my house?

Choupique
05-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Someone needs to write a spreadsheet program that would automatically tally the best possible placing for winners so we don’t have to pick which categories to enter. We got any software guys out there?

northshoretiger
05-18-2010, 09:53 AM
An Access database would be more appropriate I think. A pretty simple database could tally up the possibilities and spit it out in reports. There are some small logistics issues to resolve, such as getting everyone's names into the database for each tourney. Maybe an import from the user roles here could be implemented and then a fill in the blanks session at the captain's meeting and weigh-in. It should not be hard to do at all.

Branch_Office
05-18-2010, 09:58 AM
The software I am looking at would work with club membership and then show who has registered per tournament and can then keep track for other events as well as a cumulative or separate and by fish species. Even keeps track if we wanted to give points for going to meetings in an overall standing as well. Can export to website for ongoing standings and views.

Looks interesting so far.

Choupique
05-18-2010, 11:31 AM
For next time; it would be pretty cool if we had a volunteer to keep up with the white board as folks were weighing in so folks would know where to seed there fish if we do it the same way next time. I think we could find someone to stand around, drink beer, and write down what they hear!

revredfish
05-18-2010, 11:41 AM
I think you won! Had a few at the weigh-in?

Maybe just maybe he'd like to know who else won/placed/ and showed? I know I would.

Thanks branch really bummed about the truck. I once ran a 17 person tourney and was thoroughly flustered its obviously a whole different ballgame to run PP! appreciate it.

tefishmaster
05-18-2010, 11:49 AM
We have the cards and they are not lost. Hopefully the results will be posted today. At least that's the plan.

Mung
05-18-2010, 04:08 PM
With all the computer gurus we have in the club, i would think someone could develop a spreadsheet or other program that would allow entry of the data contemporaneously with the weigh-in, that would also have pretty close to instant results, thus eliminating the delay between close of the weigh-in and announcement of results(this person would need to avoid touching the fish, so as not to foul the keyboard). Then if anything goes wrong, blame the dang computer! This would also allow Choupique to strategically enter the right fish in the correct categories to maximize his results, and likewise allow me to enter all the wrong fish in the wrong categories, whereupon i would slap myself on the forehead: Doh!

I'm on the board of the local soccer club, that puts on 2-3 tournaments a year. Some years ago one of our CPAs developed a spreadsheet for score entry, which has reduced the tournament workload exponentially, and stopped many of the moronic errors that went on when scores were kept by hand on sheets of paper. One of you techno-geniuses needs to get on the stick! Me, I just leanrt how to turn on this dang computer, so I ain't the guy.