PDA

View Full Version : BEAUTIFUL MESS OF FISH

buddhaman
05-16-2010, 04:47 AM
There were some beautiful fish caught for PP7. the 5.6 speck caught in Lake Pontchatrain and the 26 5/8" red ... awesome! I fished Lake Boudreuax below Houma for my 6.5 red ... caught in the grass beds on top water (water high enough to work the lure without snagging grass). What areas did you guys fish and what did you use???? I had tons of fun and it looked like most everybody else did too!!!!

Nobody
05-16-2010, 07:06 AM
So.....WHO WON!

ecb
05-16-2010, 07:32 AM
" What areas did you guys fish and what did you use???? I had tons of fun and it looked like most everybody else did too!!!![/QUOTE]

We had to get very shallow to find active fish, We pushed our way thru the broken marsh grass to an area where we could see and hear the fish busting bait. We were on the edge of Lake Jesse in Leeville.

Caught em (4 reds and a sheephead), on spinnerbaits and plastic swim baits.

It was a blast catching them in that shallow water depth, thankfully the 30# power pro allowed us to pull them thru and over the marsh grass. I don't know if mono would have held up.

Thanks to everyone who put this on, including Bobby and Jory for hosting.

Yak-a-Lou
05-16-2010, 07:40 AM
So.....WHO WON!

X2

Yer killin us!

Nobody
05-16-2010, 07:53 AM
X2

Yer killin us!

It ALL must have been won by someone from out-of-state! Otherwise the winner would be bragging by now!!!

redspot
05-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Caught my monster 5th place speck on topwater behind the state park

Branch_Office
05-16-2010, 10:41 AM
All IN won the Cajun Slam .... I will see if WACT can get the completed results posted. Also, thrash got pics and names to work on our official club video so....keep tuned. He does awesome work!

ijuswannafish
05-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Don't forget Fred won the Dos Gris for his speaking abilities.

Thanks again Fred for all the hard work you put in to making this tourmanent, I mean tournament, happen.

revredfish
05-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Wolverine had the Mule trout - 5.5lb beast
I was second with a 2.3lb trout
AllIN was first on the slam as mentioned
Choupique was Second - lost track after that.
Three reds were turned in with 12 spots!!!!!!!!

Branch_Office
05-17-2010, 09:13 AM
I think I am also the runner up for the Dos-Gris. I put the index cards in a little flower pot behind me when I was done with them so they wouldn't get blown away. YEP, and I forgot them in there, went to look for them Sunday morning and didn't see anything in the flower pot.

WACT I picked up some of them and I was told Thrash got some for the pr stuff he was working on. Let me know if you need them or want some info off the ones I got.

revredfish
05-17-2010, 12:02 PM
I think I am also the runner up for the Dos-Gris. I put the index cards in a little flower pot behind me when I was done with them so they wouldn't get blown away. YEP, and I forgot them in there, went to look for them Sunday morning and didn't see anything in the flower pot.

EVERYONE was a winner this weekend.

Does this affect our getting an official results post soon? Can't wait to see the whole list.