PDA

View Full Version : pp7 relocation

swamppro
05-09-2010, 05:15 PM
Has there been any consideration for another area if the current location is shut down for oil spill? Hate to be like this but it does not look good this week:thumbdown:

Chinquapin
05-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I agree, but from looking at closure map, only the gulf side will be shut down. Could we possibly fish in the Golden Meadow/Galliano area?

theoldcaster
05-09-2010, 05:40 PM
I think we will be ok on Inland fishing, but they may shut down active at Fouchon. Do we need a back up site for weigh in?

Tigerfish
05-09-2010, 06:02 PM
are we taking over/under bets yet on how many PP7 participants will end up in closed waters?

Not trying to be a smartass, but this is going to be difficult at best to find a weigh-in location and suitable waters for enough participants in such short notice.

yak-aholic
05-09-2010, 06:26 PM
We could always meet up at the Huddle House. Y'all wouldn't have far to go.

Choupique
05-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Either way we should have it wherever we can, everybody planned on fishing this weekend for it so lets make the best out of it. God forbid, the closures might get much worse in the coming weeks...

swamppro
05-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Just keep fingers crossed.

stimpy56
05-09-2010, 06:59 PM
I hope the Club makes a decision soon so people can cancel room reservations in time! OR should I just cancel the room reservation now?

Surfmonkey
05-09-2010, 07:17 PM
No need to change tournament HQ/weigh-in....the parking lot and housing there will not be "CLOSED"...
Don't Panic and Don't MICRO-MANAGE this thing..Look at the map....all the inland areas are OPEN...

Tigerfish
05-09-2010, 07:22 PM
never mind..........If I respond the way that I really want to, it would blow up into something other than what we should be talking about on this board right now.

theoldcaster
05-09-2010, 07:27 PM
I just had an e-mail from Bobby Gros and he still thinks we will be fine for the weekend, what you mad about Tiger?

revredfish
05-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Are they keeping people out of the area? Otherwise the deal with the host is set, reservations are made. Keep it where it is - I guess everyone will be fishing a slightly smaller area but it is still huge.

damianb
05-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Not sure how this closure affects what the tourney:

Sunday's emergency action by the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries affects an area of the state's territorial sea west of the Mississippi River to Point au Fer and the beaches that border any of the closed areas. Wildlife Secretary Robert Barham says the area extends from the eastern shore of South Pass of the Mississippi River west to the eastern portion of Atchafalaya Bay at Point au Fer.

ecb
05-09-2010, 07:43 PM
From what I saw on the news, it would take one helluva a paddle to reach the closed areas.....

Tigerfish
05-09-2010, 07:48 PM
not really. The Grand Isle, Elmer's Island, and Fourchon beaches are closed. Not far paddles at all.

theoldcaster
05-09-2010, 07:58 PM
by the way, I made a scooting trip to Leeville Saturday and it does not look like a very good area to fish

revredfish
05-09-2010, 08:00 PM
It means you better catch a nice red and a flounder this year! I'm packed and ready with 8 hours till my flight home. very ready to fish even if it's all inshore.

Tigerfish
05-09-2010, 08:02 PM
haha...good try. I already heard about the results of some scouting trips to Leeville this weekend. If the tourny goes on as planned.....well lets say the area that I will be fishing has been sufficiently scouted already.

and no it ain't the huddle house. haha

theoldcaster
05-09-2010, 08:06 PM
Looks like someone is trying to tell me not to fish, first I lose a rod and reel ( thanks guys for returning it ) then someone scams my fishing money account, I am afraid to drive to work in the morning, may get run over!

snake doctor
05-09-2010, 08:11 PM
Hang in there TOC. I am betting on you to come through this weekend!

redspot
05-09-2010, 08:15 PM
morans is gonna be crazy with boats and crews that are using that as HQ for clean up, we need to know asap so we can plan accordingly

tefishmaster
05-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Guys, Be aware that the officers are keeping a close watch on everything and we will keep everyone informed if anything changes.

theoldcaster
05-09-2010, 08:21 PM
As usual, you guys are doing a great job,

fishtaco
05-09-2010, 08:26 PM
At this point I think yall would do best to stick with the location despite the closure. Only the Gulf side of Fourchon to Grand Isle is affected, plenty of water along Hwy 1 from Grand Isle to Golden Meadow outside the closure area. Also, I'm pretty sure the folks from down that way are going to need your money pumped into the economy down there at a time like this, so they will be more than happy to accomodate everyone. Everyone needs to relax and just prepare to fish the marsh.

MDR
05-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks Fred. I feel very confident that you and the other officers are doing everything possible to get the latest information. I'll join others in saying that I hope we are able to maintain what we have even if the actual gulf waters will be off limits.
I guess about all we can do is hope that the god of wind and waves looks favorably upon us.

thrash
05-09-2010, 08:36 PM
+1 on fishtaco and ltmdrbr

revredfish
05-09-2010, 09:17 PM
As we used to say in the hotel business - "handle it"! - I'm sure if something comes up you guys will do the best that can be done.

damianb
05-10-2010, 06:09 AM
So here's my only question at this point. Since the government has closed all the beaches to the west of the river does that now make those areas of bounds for the tourney and everyone fishing it?

Cobia 1
05-10-2010, 06:30 AM
I went down to Grand Isle on Saturday and checked on rooms at Morans. As per the women at both Morans and the bunk house at the launch, all reservations are being kept as it. That saud all of the other days at both places are booked by service companies. The area is very busy with service company activity and transportation coming and going.
If the beaches are blocked, then GI may be closed by the Parish (Jefferson), most inside waters are Lafourche parish.
I am in with Wact fot the date to be the 15th! Some accomodations might be changed, some honey holes may not be available, but we are goig to fish somplace.
Keep your gear ready, gas in the car, the radio on....we are going fishing, someplace. Yeah!

Redhead
05-10-2010, 07:56 AM
I'll start by saying that I agree that the tourney date shouldn't be changed. But, we have to be prepared to fish where the oil isn't. With a HUGE tide starting, and going through the end of the week, and the oil already starting to show up at Fourchon, its unavoidable that it gets inside the islands....even with all the boom they can scrounge. There's just too much water movement.

That said, maybe we should consider going to a boundary limit similar to the IFA tourney....that is, no limits (just make the weigh-in). That would open up a lot of area west that is less likely to be affected.

.....just throwing out some suggestions

Choupique
05-10-2010, 08:25 AM
hat said, maybe we should consider going to a boundary limit similar to the IFA tourney....that is, no limits (just make the weigh-in). That would open up a lot of area west that is less likely to be affected.

I like that idea, we could do the weigh-in middle state like BR or something and possibly a tad later in the day. I’m sure the gov. guys are hashing out all options.

Yak-a-Lou
05-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Even though I don't get to participate I'll chime in here a bit.

Be prepared and be patient. The oil leak situation is bigger than all of us in our lil fishing club. It may bring about huge disappointments with a tourney but in the big scheme of things, out tourney simply isn't important. As sportsmen we have a much bigger problems facing us than the potential cancellation or relocation of a tourney.

I have no idea what closure may come next. I do expect there to be more closures. I understand that some of the closures may seem premature or far-reaching but with a situation like this I prefer to see decisions that temporarily err on the side of caution even if it means I have to miss out on fishing opportunities.

I agree with the other posters who have opined that it would be premature to cancel or relocate PP VII, HOWEVER, Mother Nature may bring tides and winds that push the oil our way and since only the Gypsies have crystal balls, the rest of us will simply have to "wait and see." It sucks but that's life.

The current closure only affects the Gulf waters south of the beaches for the Lafourche / Grand Isle area. I doubt very many of you planned to fish in the Gulf itself so impact on choosing your honey-hole should be very minimal. Meanwhile, our friends down that way could surely use your business. It might be the last recreational fishing business they see for a while. If I could attend I'd try to make a special effort to bring home special memories. Those memories might have to last for a while.

OIL LEAKS SUCK!

theoldcaster
05-10-2010, 08:47 AM
well said Yak, we need to step back and let this play out for a few days!

Tigerfish
05-10-2010, 08:57 AM
The current closure only affects the Gulf waters south of the beaches for the Lafourche / Grand Isle area. I doubt very many of you planned to fish in the Gulf itself so impact on choosing your honey-hole should be very minimal. OIL LEAKS SUCK!

Maybe that is why I don't do that well in this tourny. haha

Good points though Yak.

fishtaco
05-10-2010, 09:19 AM
Maybe that is why I don't do that well in this tourny. haha

Good points though Yak.

Have you done well in ANY tournament? :biggrin:

Choupique
05-10-2010, 09:23 AM
He did real well at the MC; he slammed! ...grand slam breakfast

Tigerfish
05-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Have you done well in ANY tournament? :biggrin:

:tongue:

That was harsh!

I usually do well in the tournaments when I am the only participant.

:biggrin:

Yak-a-Lou
05-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Don't let them get to you Tigerfish. Keep trying and maybe one day you'll win a "real boat."

Choupique
05-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Man that would be sweet. Like a 24' center console or something. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yak-a-Lou
05-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Man that would be sweet. Like a 24' center console or something. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Blasphemy!!! Go stand in the corner and whip yourself with a wet noodle!

Speckled_Tiger
05-10-2010, 10:20 AM

Isn't that the 2011 ProAngler 2.0 that's coming out soon?

redspot
05-10-2010, 10:35 AM
i heard from a buddy of mine that is working out of belle pass on the spill that barataria and comanada bay may be closed this week depending on the weather.

i know it wont affect the tourny, but just remember for the locals they will be very stressed and tension will exist, so we need to be very respectful

Choupique
05-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Relocation seems inevitable the way things are going.

Speckled_Tiger
05-10-2010, 01:33 PM
I think it might be time to be a bit more proactive rather than reactive.

theoldcaster
05-10-2010, 01:50 PM
One thing that we do need to remember is to not burn any bridges, Moran's has given us a lot of help in putting this on, and we need to include them in on any decision making we have on changing the event. When this is over, and yes it will pass like everything in life, we may need them again.

CwitdeR
05-10-2010, 01:57 PM
One thing that we do need to remember is to not burn any bridges, Moran's has given us a lot of help in putting this on, and we need to include them in on any decision making we have on changing the event. When this is over, and yes it will pass like everything in life, we may need them again.

He will understand. If we wait and get cancelled by an inside closure (which is likely) he may miss out on the spill business and PP7 business. Time to sh*t or git off the pot.

Choupique
05-10-2010, 02:00 PM
He and Fred are talking im sure

Branch_Office
05-10-2010, 03:41 PM
We may all be doing something like this but will have to wait and see!

theoldcaster
05-10-2010, 05:29 PM
I just talked to Terry at the bait shop, and he thinks we are safe for the weekend, I would suggest that we rely heavily on the locals like Bobby Gros, Moran's and Terry to give us direction here, they will have a better fill for what is going on than we will have, but in the end it is the call of our officers and we should all try to support their decision. This problem is bigger than us. I JUST WANT TO FISH, AND THIS MAY BE THE LAST CHANCE

Tigerfish
05-10-2010, 05:31 PM
okay, I have tried to hold out on stating what my opinion is until I could get as much information as I could from some sources that I consider more than reliable.

Based on what I am hearing, the work crews are now pretty thick in Fourchon around Moran's. I know that the plan was to have this at Moran's. But now that the work crews are there and focusing all their efforts on protecting our coast, I don't think it would be the best idea for us to be crowding up the place with our Captain's meeting and weigh-in. I am worried as to how we would be accepted having a "party" and fishing while they are so tense and busting a$$.

Now I am not saying that we should cancel the tourny either though.

I am also being told that we are looking pretty safe for the waters to the east of Bayou Lafourche staying open. So my recommendation to those that are making the decision would be to move the Captain's meeting and weigh-in to Bobby Lynn's. that is if he will have us. This way those people that have reservations with Moran's can keep them if they like. I am sure that Moran's will appreciate having the revenue without having to worry about catering to us this weekend. He may not even have the time or space any longer to set up the tent or give us the space he intented originally. This way the tourny is moved to a less impacted area, waters are likely to stay open, but we aren't going clear across the state, where we might end up losing a good bit of our participants anyway.

What do you guys think?

Tigerfish
05-10-2010, 05:33 PM
I just talked to Terry at the bait shop, and he thinks we are safe for the weekend, I would suggest that we rely heavily on the locals like Bobby Gros, Moran's and Terry to give us direction here, they will have a better fill for what is going on than we will have, but in the end it is the call of our officers and we should all try to support their decision. This problem is bigger than us. I JUST WANT TO FISH, AND THIS MAY BE THE LAST CHANCE

You typed faster than me. I agree whole heartily.

theoldcaster
05-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Tigerfish, I must have misread your post, you mean you and I agree on something?

Tigerfish
05-10-2010, 05:37 PM
LOL....of course we do.

We really haven't differed that much on ideas, just the presentation of them.

CwitdeR
05-10-2010, 07:13 PM
Tigerfish is right IMHO. I dont want to be partying anywhere around that place with all the pain and sorrow. My place is 100 yds from Morans and the only way I'm going down there is to help out. Fishing there is done til this thing is fixed.

swamppro
05-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Tigerfish is right IMHO. I dont want to be partying anywhere around that place with all the pain and sorrow. My place is 100 yds from Morans and the only way I'm going down there is to help out. Fishing there is done til this thing is fixed.

I know the feeling. When I worked with Seatow after Katrina it was the same way. There was media wanting boat rides so they can film people going through what they had left after the storm. Pitiful. We would not take them.

ReelThrill
05-10-2010, 07:48 PM
I think that the officers need to make a decision on this. For those of us staying down there we need to know if to cancel our rooms or not. Not trying to complain but this is something that needs to be decided.

MDR
05-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Tigerfish, I am not opposed to your ideas so please don't get me wrong here; My suggestion follows a few of the others I think in that we let Fred work it out with the folks down there. Now I would hope that Moran's would be straight with us regarding our having the tournament there and it not posing any problems or interference with the folks that are there for the much important task. If we (Fred or any of the other officers) learn that it would be in Moran's best interest that we have the captains meeting and weigh in someplace else then perhaps we can check with Terry or Bobby.
The other factor to consider is that it may be nice to hold it at Moran's and include the guys that are working there with some of our fish and refreshments. It may provide them with a brief respite from their assigned duties.

I am all for keeping the tourney in the Leeville-Fourchon area. If it means we have 40 yaks lined up in around the Leeville bridge then so be it. If nothing else it will be one hell of a photo op from someone going up on the bridge, lol.

Choupique
05-10-2010, 08:06 PM
IMO if we have to leave Fourchon it will not be to go someplace close to it like Leeville. 5miles isn’t going to make on speck of difference in how fast this stuff travels and how the closures operate.

theoldcaster
05-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Time for us old men to go to bed and leave this with you younger guys, every day is a new beginning, and we will see what tomorrow holds for us when the sun comes up!

Times like this can make us better stronger friends or it can tear us apart, lets pray for wisdom! One thing to remenber, this is just a hobby, and it should be fun!

tefishmaster
05-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Guys, Again I will tell you that the officers are in contact with Chris Moran and CCA and others trying to get a handle on what is going on. As you well know things are changing daily down there. We will have a update from the coast tomorrow morning. I know there are all kinds of questions in yall's mind as to what will happen. Just know that the officers are in constant contact with our connections down there. Look for more info tomorrow. Thanks

MDR
05-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Tommy, no doubt about that from my end. I join many others in thanking y'all for the extra effort that is needed right now. This is truly one of those times that y'all are earning your pay, lol.

MDR
05-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Well hell. That is kind of surprising from them. They are usually a bit more generous. Not to look any gift horse in the mouth, but.....

tefishmaster
05-10-2010, 08:36 PM
No Fred you have to take the rest OUT of youe ice chest !!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy:

Branch_Office
05-10-2010, 08:43 PM
I think that Chris (Moran's Marina) needs to tell us what he thinks as far as any conflict with the workers. I agree with ltmdrbr that we should open this up to any workers that might be there as far as the eating thing to show our gratitude / support. Personally, unless someone was planning on paddling / pedaling out to the gulf or the beaches I do not think we have a problem at this point. I think Chris and Bobby will be our greatest asset in this regards being "boots on the ground" so to speak.

I also think if we were to cancel that might be another big negative financial impact for Chris in the fact that he has put a lot of work into this and the lost revenue would certainly affect him as well as others like Boudreauxs and Bobby Lynns at the last minute . There may be a problem further out but as I see it right now it looks like we are ok. Hell, at this point this might be our last chance to fish this area and many others for some time if this situation is not taken care of pretty quick. We might as well take advantage of the this now since it may a while before we are able to come back.

Just my two and half cents .... Let's listen to the folks down there and make a decision from there.

swamppro
05-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Theres an idea. Everyone get together for one hell of a beer drinking, story telling, crawfish boil! At Wacts house ofcourse

Choupique
05-10-2010, 09:01 PM
I think a lot of you guys have your waterways mixed up, the Barataria estuary is the body of water flanked by the oil on the south, east and west. De’ Nile is a river in egypt.

Reel Rebel
05-10-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm glad tefishmaster, Branch_Office and Wact are on top of the news and locals guidance. I trust your decision, and will be patient until it comes...

Now, WACT...did you consume most of the Mockler donation last Thursday in Metairie???? :biggrin:

ijuswannafish
05-10-2010, 11:47 PM
I normally don't get involved in these conversations but I have to say this. Our officers have already had to make tough decisions about other tourneys this year. They made the right call the last time in postponing MC3 and I trust they will do the right thing this time. I think we all need to relax a bit and be ready to fish wherever they say we are going to fish. Thank you officers for doing the hard stuff so the rest of us can have fun.

I agree that this might be the last time we get to fish the area and contribute to some of the businesses there so we should help in any way we can.

Worst case is we all get to Moran's Friday and they close the waters while we sleep.
If that happens we might be able to help out with something since we are all there.

I am thankful for each and every time that I am able to get out on the water and look forward to this time as well. Wherever it may be that I get to fish.

Tigerfish
05-11-2010, 04:31 AM
I think we all need to relax a bit and be ready to fish wherever they say we are going to fish.

Let me start by saying that I agree that I have trust in our officers that they will make the best decision they can based on the information available at the time. Either way, it is going to be a difficult decision. And I thank them for being willing to serve in the positions they do to steer our organization in the right way. And I will also understand and support any decision they make.

However......

Supporting a decision doesn't necessarily mean that I will be able to go fish a tourny clear on the other side of the state either. Supporting the decision means acceptance that it was the best decision for the club to still have a tourny. I am affraid that if the tourny gets moved to Big Lake, we will end up having to refund a bunch of entry fees anyway. I seriously doubt that I will be making the trip to Big Lake again...for any tourny. But I also know that I have been told my several people that they also will not be making the trip to Big Lake if this tourny is moved there. Let me again be clear that I am not saying that I will necessarily oppose that move. It may be the only option. But if it is moved there, I won't be there and neither will many others. But that is our decision to make. The officers are charged with making the best decision they can for the club (as a single entity). Each club member has to make his/her own decision.

pedalmedic
05-11-2010, 05:43 AM
I normally don't get involved in these conversations but I have to say this. Our officers have already had to make tough decisions about other tourneys this year. They made the right call the last time in postponing MC3 and I trust they will do the right thing this time. I think we all need to relax a bit and be ready to fish wherever they say we are going to fish. Thank you officers for doing the hard stuff so the rest of us can have fun.

I agree that this might be the last time we get to fish the area and contribute to some of the businesses there so we should help in any way we can.

Worst case is we all get to Moran's Friday and they close the waters while we sleep.
If that happens we might be able to help out with something since we are all there.

I am thankful for each and every time that I am able to get out on the water and look forward to this time as well. Wherever it may be that I get to fish.
WOW!!!! the big guy made sense. LOL :)
I can't even imagine the stress the officers are under. I planned to fish this weekend and it may be awhile after this weekend I get to taste the salt water again in the yak. This is my opinion and mine only...
The whole situation sucks, from the bottom of the Gulf to the marsh lands and uncertainty of the damage in the following years. I have not been a member of BCKFC since dirt, but have meet and fished with some great people. A drive to Big Lake to fish with a club that has, again, my opinion, done wonders for the sport, is a small request if needed. If the Tournament moves, I will be there. I consider places that are not my back yard a place to hopefully improve my fishing skill... I may need to look at more places, because it does not seem to work.
I have read on here about refunds, eleven families are without members. Should this whole thing become a wash and I get a refund. The money is still spent to a donation to a family.
Again, my opinion, the officers have no say where the oil goes, they have no say what will be closed. They, like most of us, have lives outside BCKFC and are doing their best with the tools giving to them. I would not want to be in there shoes.
If we have to move, start looking at carpooling. A longer drive is a minor inconvenience for the work that has been done to set this up, make it happen and support the club.
Again, my opinion...
Let’s stop Bit@hing about where this will be held and fish this weekend where we can. I do believe there will be plenty of bit@hing in the years to come of where to fish.

Tigerfish
05-11-2010, 06:02 AM
Let’s stop Bit@hing about where this will be held and fish this weekend where we can. I do believe there will be plenty of bit@hing in the years to come of where to fish.

whoa Tonto. With you all the way until here. I don't think anyone has been b!tching. Only stating opinion, not even heatidly.

pedalmedic
05-11-2010, 06:56 AM
OK may have been a strong word. I am not pointing fingers by any means. I am just frustrated with the whole oil leak and need to fish. Sorry for the offensive tone. Just want to fish. Need to fish. If I don't fish soon... Petco will be wondering why I am bringing a pole to the aquarium section.

Speckled_Tiger
05-11-2010, 07:07 AM
I bet one of those big oscars would put up a good fight lol

Choupique
05-11-2010, 07:47 AM
The situation sucks cause they could risk it where it is; we may or may not be able to fish the limited area depending on when it gets closed, or we could relocate to an area which is almost a sure think we can fish, and risk loosing folks who don’t want to drive an extra hour.

Hobie1Kenobie
05-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Drive/not drive...I need this tourney. I was one of the guys who was working the source of this problem and am certainly looking forward to this tourney. I would let the club officers know that I am behind them. I believe the decision they have to make may well be made for them if we need to relocate anyhow. Just as long as we don't have to drive to Wisconsin I'll be there. Lastly, party on Wayne...party on Garth.

Where Y'ak?
05-11-2010, 08:26 AM
My 2 cents. I've stayed out of the discussion because the officers will ultimately make the decision and I know they will only do what they think is in the club's best interest. Certainly input and ideas from the members is welcomed and a good thing. I also plan to fish no matter where or what.

One concern that I see is that if the regular tournament areas are still open for fishing, any change of venue may cause people to lose deposits they have made for rooms. I'm sure each individual hotel/camp/marina, etc. has their own cancellation policies, but I'm willing to bet many members will be subject to forfeiture of their deposit if they cancel their room and the local fishing areas remain open.

Speckled_Tiger
05-11-2010, 08:29 AM
good point where y'ak. I was fortunate enought to get my money back from the state park (staying farther north now), but I would think a private business that is facing very tough economic times ahead may not be so willing, and rightfully so in my opinion.

Clayton Shilling
05-11-2010, 08:31 AM
all right ... what we know is that we want to have our fishing tournament....i think the majority agrees on that.. i pesonally was looking forward to fishing the beach and the inshore areas around grand isle and.. hate to think about how this oil is going to affect my summertime fishing this year....that being said my opinion is that things in that area are changing daily and it is a real possibility that more areas will be made off limit to recreational fisherman ....the powers that be ie government ,ladwf ,coastguard , im sure are focused on cleanup efforts and interrupting a kayak fishing tourney is not significant to them...understandably so.... so my opinion... and im sure your getting alot of opinions these days is why not go with a sure thing.... there is still time to coordinate holding this event at big lake , the fishing is good ....there is plenty of launches..... and we know that there is not going to be a sudden closure of roads or fishing areas.. which could turn into a disaster..lets pick a captins meeting spot and weigh in area and make a decision.... i say go with what is a for sure thing..... either way people are going to be grumpy and pissed off ... its a tough time to be a tournament director ... just voicing my stand on this deal....i understand there is money involved and people are going to use the well if you move it i want a refund card but at least we know the ones who want to fish have a place to do it and no risk of sudden closeures....... good luck... see you there .... wherever there might be...

Tigerfish
05-11-2010, 08:41 AM
oh oh, looks like Choup called in reinforcements.

just kiddin'. :biggrin:

Racechaser
05-11-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm fairly certain the Moran's or anybody else would cancel rooms if done today and refund deposits because they can truthfully get more money for their rooms from service companies I bet.

The beds in Venice are going for $150.00 a night.

all_in
05-11-2010, 08:57 AM
For the record, I am not in favor of moving the tourney to the other side of the state.

That idea seems crazy to me because 1) There are miles of water in Lafourche parish that will not be affected by the closures. These areas hold plenty of fish - I know that first hand. and 2) I will not be able to dive 9 1/2 hours (roundtrip) to fish a tourney. Even if I were able to afford it, I fish these touneys for the fun of it, and to see all those kayaks out fishing. The drive and expense of a move to Big Lake would rob all the fun out of the event.

I would definately request a refund if the tourney is moved.

Denis

Clayton Shilling
05-11-2010, 09:02 AM
bridgeside marina ...called me to tell me that i could cancel my reservation all the way up to check in time as long as i wrote them a letter stating it was due to the oil leak.... they will be compensated on loss of business

Where Y'ak?
05-11-2010, 10:22 AM
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss101/cvholmes/Huddle%20House/huddle-house-header-1.gif

OPTIONS ARE LIMITED:

After a little research, I realized that the options for moving the tournament are severely limited without the possibility of causing irreparable harm to a certain faction of our membership. THH (Team Huddle House) would surely seek action against the club if we do not consider their specific accomodations needs when deciding on a possible alternative location.

Accordingly, I searched for all Huddle House locations within 300 miles of base camp (Galliano-Store #661) and the availability of saltwater fishing locations are severely limited. We may have to consider some new freshwater categories!

Here's the list (THH members are free to print this list for future road trip adventures).

Galliano
Store number 661
16848 Highway 3235
Galliano, LA 70354
Phone: 985-325-4900
Map (0 miles)

Thibodaux
Store number 571
103 E. Bayou Road
Thibodaux, LA 70301
Phone: 985-447-5567
Map (39 miles)

LaPlace*
Store number 460
4325 Hwy 51
LaPlace, LA 70068
Phone: 985-651-1800
Map (50 miles)

Pineville**
Store number 633
104 Maryhill Road
Pineville, LA 71360
Phone: 318-641-1875
Map (182 miles)

Fort Polk**
Store number 682
7323 Utah Avenue
Fort Polk, LA 71459
Phone: 337-535-4754
Map (206 miles)

Natchitoches**
Store number 564
5306 University Parkway
Natchitoches, LA 71457
Phone: 318-527-7711
Map (236 miles)

Calhoun**
Store number 615
537 Highway 151 North
Calhoun, LA 71225
Phone: 318-644-0756
Map (245 miles)

Bastrop**
Store number 616
2301 E Madison Ave
Bastrop, LA 71221
Phone: 318-281-5464
Map (251 miles)

Ruston**
Store number 109
501 North Service Rd
Ruston, LA 71270
Phone: 318-255-1449
Map (256 miles)

Farmerville**
Store number 677
800 North Main Street
Farmerville, LA 71241
Phone: 318-368-4119
Map (256 miles)

Minden**
Store number 680
12155 US Highway 80
Minden, LA 71055
Phone: 318-382-4954
Map (289 miles)

Bossier City**
Store number 483
7305 E. Texas Street
Bossier City, LA 71111
Phone: 318-747-9991
Map (297 miles)

*= Currently in oil spill closed fishing area
**= Freshwater fishing only

Choupique
05-11-2010, 10:25 AM
lol

Speckled_Tiger
05-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Nice, good job on the originality too. :)

oh, thanks by the way. I'm adding some of those to my speed dial.

Glwlsu
05-11-2010, 11:14 AM
That's pretty funny stuff !!!

Tigerfish
05-11-2010, 11:23 AM
i never realized what Huddle House's logo was. Do you have that as a hi-res jpeg because I need to have some stickers made up for my boat and patches for my shirt..

btw, yeah pretty funny. I guess we will be Team HH forever now. We was just hungover...er...I mean hungry.

Where Y'ak?
05-11-2010, 11:30 AM
No hi-res, I just stole it from their website. However, I bet a contact to the right marketing person at HH could possibly secure ya'll a sponsorship and all the patches and stickers you want.

I can see it now, folks from across the country will be flocking to HH for the new Speckled Tiger Omelette or the Tigerfish Hashbrowns with a side of grilled bananas made famous by the THH Kayak team!

Tigerfish
05-11-2010, 11:39 AM
mmmmmmm.....grilled bananas, dont think I've ever had those but it do sound tasty

Clayton Shilling
05-11-2010, 02:48 PM
LMAO