PDA

View Full Version : New to kayak fishing

noclueyaker
07-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Hello, fellow kayakers. My name is Shawn. i am new to kayaking and fishing from a kayak. Hopefully some of you guys can help me out a bit. Well ive been researching kayaks for a few weeks know, and i just orderd the Malibu stealth 12. I was sold with the child seat and livewell. It was a tough decision between that and the Tarpon 120. but had to go with the stealth. Hope i made the right decision. Anyway, looking foward to meeting some of you guys for some kayaking.

snake doctor
07-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Seems that with a Malibu you do have a clue after all. Welcome!

teknickcull
07-26-2011, 10:00 PM
welcome! I think you'll like your malibu, I got one earlier this year and although that boat and I got off to a rocky start I'm pretty happy with it - the pros outweigh the cons for sure. Let me know if you need any tips or rigging advice.

Branch_Office
07-26-2011, 10:03 PM
Welcome to forum...If you can see your way clear you should plan on attending Family Day on August 6th. You would be able to meet a lot of other yakers and get some riggin ideas as well and best of all it is FREE! A good four letter word lol... Hope to see you there!

Biggie
07-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Enjoy the addiction!!!

bigredbobber
07-27-2011, 09:00 AM
Welcome. Do try to make the family day.

noclueyaker
07-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Thx guys, I will definitly try to make Family day.

yak-aholic
07-28-2011, 02:49 PM
Welcome noclue...

Good choice with the Stealth. I've been pretty interested in those for the same reasons you are. The live well and gator hatch are very intriguing to me. I also like the additional hatches that are right there in the cockpit for easy access to gear.