PDA

View Full Version : Weigh in: Under the BoardWalk

revredfish
03-22-2011, 06:43 PM
In response to our huge crowd we are moving weigh in to "Under the Boardwalk" that is under the camps at BobbyLynns. Look for the big Pepsi Banner come into the "tunnel" and sign in then you will move into the spacious "Corale" weigh in will be right by the expanded fish cleaning station.

Overflow parking will be south of the marina in the newly developed parking area and you will have shuttle service. Please arrive at the weigh in organized and ready to weigh. I expect weigh in to take 2 hours - at least. DO NOT cut it close on time. If you get bogged down and don't make it to the sign in table that is part of the game. Traffic, crowds, etc are your responsibility!

Have fun, catch fish, live to catch another day:buttrock:

Red Slayer
03-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Being a newbie, and I am sure this will be answered friday night. Do we have to bring the fish in on a stringer? Or is in a cooler ok? Also, not knowing much here, do the fish lose any weight when putting them on ice versus having them live and on a stringer? How does putting them on ice affect length?

Nobody
03-22-2011, 07:51 PM
do the fish lose any weight when putting them on a stringer?

That depends on the number of sharks in you immediate area!

Sandman
03-22-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm just gonna be on the lookout for Rev running around with the cattle prod while we're in the corale!

Being a newbie, and I am sure this will be answered friday night. Do we have to bring the fish in on a stringer? Or is in a cooler ok? Also, not knowing much here, do the fish lose any weight when putting them on ice versus having them live and on a stringer? How does putting them on ice affect length?

I'm no expert, but I don't think the fish will shrink or lose any weight after being on ice. I do know that it is acceptable to bring your fish to weigh on ice.

Nobody
03-22-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm just gonna be on the lookout for Rev running around with the cattle prod while we're in the corale!

I'm going to be on the lookout for Rev in that KILT!!! I may have to bring some emergency eye wash from work.

bigredbobber
03-22-2011, 08:50 PM
Could y'all post the map of Bobby Lynn's and the layout, as shown at the meeting? Might clear up any confusion and to help people locate the part of the marina to arrive and walk/paddle/peddle towards.

Yak-a-Lou
03-22-2011, 09:45 PM

All you have to do is get them there. Doesn't matter if you bring them in a Walmart bag as long as they're fresh.

They will lose a little weight and length if they're dead and on ice but it's pretty minimal. My wild a** guess would be that a 5 lb. trout might lose 1-2 ounces in 4-6 hours. I'd be surprised if it lost more than 1/4" in that same time but I believe it could lose 1/2" in about 24 hours if it's well packed in ice.

MDR
03-22-2011, 09:56 PM
Gotta agree with YAL. I still think that is how Gairi got me by 2 oz last year. His fish were more freshly dead than mine were.

Glwlsu
03-23-2011, 08:06 AM
And I always step on my fish when I get on solid land !!!! Great tip !!!!

Cobia 1
03-23-2011, 08:10 AM

Yeah, but remember to measure it again as the length may adversely affect you.

jpoucher
03-23-2011, 08:27 AM

Dont step on it too hard. It might regurgitate all the lead weights you shoved down his throat.:hide:

Glwlsu
03-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Glad you mentioned that I need to restock !!!!

Red Slayer
03-23-2011, 09:12 AM
I am only concerned as I may limit out by 9 AM!

Glwlsu
03-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Hope someone is planning on playing that song "under the Boardwalk " ........just saying

Razoryak
03-23-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm sure Steve and I could have the PA setup playing it, lol.

+1 :spotman:

revredfish
03-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Please bring your fish on ice as you may be in line awhile. Please do not leave them on a stringer as this will only serve to slow down the line.
No I do not have a lay out of bobbylynns to post online but if you follow the really big banner that says "Weigh In/ Sign in here" you will be fine. I will not put on the Kilt until the official ceremonies.

Gang please keep in mind - if only 120 people weigh fish and it only takes 1 minute to weigh each it will take 2 hours.

Come to weigh in on time, bring your fish in a bag (cheap ones available at wal-mart), have them ready when you get to weigh in.

Red Slayer
03-23-2011, 03:56 PM
How early can I get there to be in line? With the large number of people we are gonna have, only one hour for check in seems a bit tight to process 120+ anglers

Glwlsu
03-23-2011, 04:07 PM
There is no time limit on weigh in just make sure you are signed in by 4 or you will be DQ'd....

valvguy1
03-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Here's what you were asking me about earlier Gairi

http://www.kilianhardware.com/sascounweig.html

RedFinn
03-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Better not be any 13" 4lb trouts just saying

revredfish
03-23-2011, 05:45 PM
sign in is a seperate station from weigh in. You have 1 hour to sign in. That is why I said get there on time! After you sign in you will head under the boardwalk for the weigh in you will be coralled. Lowing is allowed.