PDA

View Full Version : Any other other non contestant newbies at PP8

Maverick1876
03-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Could not commit to going to PP8 until now and realize that it is past the sign up deadline. Still, as a new guy, would like to go and meet some of the guys i have been conversing with over this website. Anyone else going but not competing? Can I volunteer to help without being a contestant? Will there still be places nearby to stay (camp or room) Sat night. Will there be kayaks available to rent for my nephew who does not have one?

Blue in Green
03-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Could not commit to going to PP8 until now and realize that it is past the sign up deadline. Still, as a new guy, would like to go and meet some of the guys i have been conversing with over this website. Anyone else going but not competing? Can I volunteer to help without being a contestant? Will there still be places nearby to stay (camp or room) Sat night. Will there be kayaks available to rent for my nephew who does not have one?

I will be camping at Bayou Resort in Golden Meadow. It's only $10.

revredfish
03-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Call bobby lynn's marina about the kayak rentals

theoldcaster
03-21-2011, 05:08 PM
You are welcome, come join us, eat , watch the weigh in and have some fun with us!

MDR
03-21-2011, 05:25 PM
I believe the answer to all of your questions is yes. The other guys beat me to the specifics. Come on down and fish anyway. Great chance to meet some of the members as well.

bigredbobber
03-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Spoke with Bobby earlier, they are kicking off the kayak rentals this weekend with our tournament.

Good to know. Last time I checked it was kinda up in the air, but good to know they'll be there. Might try to convert a few friends or at least take the wife and let her peddle the PA. Never saw a lady scowling in a Cadillac before.

Maverick1876
03-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Cool, Where is Bayou resort in G Meadow relative to the Walmart?

Speckled_Tiger
03-21-2011, 05:55 PM
We will be there too. Its about 5 minutes south of walmart on the right. If you get to the welcome to golden meadow sign you've gone too far.

Red Slayer
03-21-2011, 06:18 PM
ed I would have known about them ahead of time, I already have res for GISP, We tent camp and so many places anymore are all for rv's. I called them and they still have space there for us if more are camping.

theoldcaster
03-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Specked Tiger stays there because it is close to Huddle House!:lol:

jpoucher
03-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Spoke with Bobby earlier, they are kicking off the kayak rentals this weekend with our tournament.

I ran into him this weekend and he asked if i was in the bckfc club. He told me to let you all know that it is 5 dollars per vehicle not kayak. He said I don't care if y'all have 6 kayaks on one truck. I thanked him for that and everything else for next weekend and he said "no problem, anything for the club"

likeapickle
03-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Due to my work schedule I still don't know if I'm off for pp8 so I dident sign up. Got me on nights right now so hopefully I'll be off this weekend in that case I will be goin to pp8 but not competing. Last year I entered and fished and I had a blast I defiantly don't wanna miss it if I can help it. Maybe I can paddle around and take pics of people fishing durring the tournament. I've been wanting to take my camera equiptment in the yak and take pics but it's either fishing or pictures and I never can convince myself to bring my $3000 camera if I'm fishing.

theoldcaster
03-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Bobby has done a great job for us this year, but more important he saved PP7 for us, we need to make sure we all thank him for his efforts!

Speckled_Tiger
03-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Specked Tiger stays there because it is close to Huddle House!:lol:

Mmm fo sho! Had the High Rise platter last week, couldn't finish it. Good stuff!

Choupique
03-21-2011, 06:54 PM
lol, banana brothers and their Huddle Houseness...

likeapickle
03-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Bobby has done a great job for us this year, but more important he saved PP7 for us, we need to make sure we all thank him for his efforts!

Very very true!!!!!

Nobody
03-21-2011, 07:20 PM
i wonder if i can convince one of those new guys to follow me around and carry the beer cooler. as my cooler will be too full with fish!

swampmonkey
03-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Im renting an outback from bobbys it's $85 for the day and there letting me pick it up Friday at the captains meeting. I priced the PA it was $125 for the day.I didn't ask about the others

Coon
03-21-2011, 07:37 PM
So, i'm a noob and will be fishing for fun thanks to hobie1kenobie loaning me one of his fine vessels pending the purchase of my own. I'll be out there and would be more than willing to help with anything that i can (cooking, etc....). I look forward to meeting yall.

likeapickle
03-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Ill take put your beer cooler in my yak... No garentee ill follow your or that it might be empty :-)

Nobody
03-21-2011, 08:25 PM
No garentee ill follow you

This is the reason to get a newbie... If he don't follow, then he don't come back!!!

likeapickle
03-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Looks like I'll have to make a new member name and pretend im a noob so I can "follow" you with you beer :-D

Maverick1876
03-21-2011, 09:22 PM
ed I would have known about them ahead of time, I already have res for GISP, We tent camp and so many places anymore are all for rv's. I called them and they still have space there for us if more are camping.

Tent camping is fine with me, I like roughing it. Besides, I d like to get in one b4 the weather gets any hotter.

Blue in Green
03-21-2011, 09:27 PM
We will be there too. Its about 5 minutes south of walmart on the right. If you get to the welcome to golden meadow sign you've gone too far.

Heck; we can share a site and save $5 each. The guy is never there; he's just like "tent camp; uh, shove a ten in the honor box"

Blue in Green
03-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Actually the best way to find it is to remember it's right after the speed limit drops from 65 to 55.

The showers er a little dirty, but hey $10.

Speckled_Tiger
03-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Heck; we can share a site and save $5 each. The guy is never there; he's just like "tent camp; uh, shove a ten in the honor box"

He pretty much the same way with the rv spots. We always call to reserve but he never seems to have an exact site saved "pick one out and call me back to let me know"