PDA

View Full Version : PP8 Pitchin in

Where Y'ak?
03-20-2011, 07:57 PM
As most of you have heard, PP8 is a record setter with over 160 participants. Being as this is the largest kayak tournament in Louisiana history and obviously the largest for BCKFC, a lot of help and patience will be necessary.

I know a lot of you have already signed up on the list to help, but I'm telling you, a lot more is going to be needed. The tournament directors will be up to their ears in work and many others already have their assigned duties. The cooks and fish cleaners will need lots of help to get everybody timely fed. We all want to party and enjoy the tournament, but if everyone just puts in an hour or two to help with whatever is needed, it will prove to be a fantastic tournament as always.

Don't wait to be asked, find someone that looks busy and ask what you can do to help!

Thanks for your cooperation!

swamppro
03-20-2011, 08:17 PM
As soon as I can I will head to the cleaning tables. Lets make sure we have plenty sharp electric knives as we will need them. I can zip through some fish with an electric just have a cold drink for me!

Branch_Office
03-20-2011, 09:06 PM
As soon as I can I will head to the cleaning tables. Lets make sure we have plenty sharp electric knives as we will need them. I can zip through some fish with an electric just have a cold drink for me!

The club has 5 or more brand new Saltwater Piranha electric knives waiting to be slimmed!

swamppro
03-20-2011, 09:38 PM
The club has 5 or more brand new Saltwater Piranha electric knives waiting to be slimmed!

Good deal. I will break-in one.

swamppro mobilized!!!!

Razoryak
03-21-2011, 06:45 AM
I was at Bobby's about a month ago and if I recall, Bobby has the one cleaning station with 4 electrical outlets is all; and I think 1 or 2 of them weren't working. Could be an issue with cleaning that many fish....anybody good at cleaning the old fashion way?

swamppro
03-21-2011, 07:15 AM
We might wanna bring an extra table to clean fish at. 162 people fishing will be 1000 pounds of fish easily

N_SHORE_BILL
03-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Put me down Ill bring my knives.

North Shore Bill

revredfish
03-21-2011, 07:35 AM
I'm in communication with Bobby about the cleaning station. He hasn't responded yet but let me say he has anticiapted 98% of my questions so far. Remember he is getting much of what we are asking for donated. Pay your launch fees when you get there. Heck pay to park just for the fun of it.

And go back again and again....

revredfish
03-21-2011, 07:35 AM
PS - thanks for pitchin in extra guys.

MDR
03-21-2011, 08:13 AM
An extra table would be an excellent idea. We can get pretty crowded as we clean. We may already have an extra headed extension cord in the trailer. Branch or TE would probably be best able to answer that. If not perhaps we can pick one up.

Speckled_Tiger
03-21-2011, 11:21 AM
those tables are not very knife friendly. Even boiled crabs will poke hole in them.

Yak-a-chick
03-21-2011, 11:23 AM
those tables are not very knife friendly. Even boiled crabs will poke hole in them.

We have one that Jayson cleans fish on all the time plus we use it for crawfish they work GREAT! They're real durable plastic.

Speckled_Tiger
03-21-2011, 11:33 AM
hmmm, we must have gotten different brands or something. Mine didn't make it a summer. I took the plastic off the top and replaced with some treated plywood.

who-yak
03-21-2011, 11:34 AM
We have at leasst one extra heavy duty 3-way adapter in the trailer as well as a few extension cords.

Tigerfish
03-21-2011, 11:38 AM
We might wanna bring an extra table to clean fish at. 162 people fishing will be 1000 pounds of fish easily

Sounds to me like maybe we should be careful not to clean too much fish!!! With all the work that is going to be necessary, no need to add to the load if we don't need to. As in...don't clean 1000 pounds of fish if 200 pounds will feed everyone.

who-yak
03-21-2011, 11:42 AM
Might not be a bad idea if a few folks bring an extension cord to borrow if needed. I can see at least 6 elect. knives going, the new fans we have, PA system, laptops if the batteries die, and who knows what else. I know we had several donated, maybe someone can post if ya'll think we have enough.

jpoucher
03-21-2011, 12:21 PM
We have one that Jayson cleans fish on all the time plus we use it for crawfish they work GREAT! They're real durable plastic.

There is a whole in the table. It happend while making the kids tortoise table. I had a slight mishap with the drill...it was securily fastened to the plastic table though.:fing20: