PDA

View Full Version : Less than a week.

swamppro
03-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Less than a week and I am officially pumped now. This means hard to sleep nights this week and its not because of the kids!! Just got finished getting all my work crap out the truck and going to take the day to organize my fishing equipment. I have some new vicious fishing line to spool up and some lures to organize. Already packed up my gnat spray and got my BIG cup for after fishing!!!

Let the week countdown begin!!!!

Gnatless
03-20-2011, 09:55 AM
Went on a trial run yesterday to play with some tackle and will now eliminate most of that stuff down to the top five jerk baits, the top five packs of plastics, a box of terminal tackle, cant' forget the top five spoons, definitly corks, o and some top water, Hmmmm what else??? Thats what I will be loosing sleep over.

theoldcaster
03-20-2011, 10:01 AM
The Black Out begins!:lol:

swamppro
03-20-2011, 10:04 AM
I feel your pain Gnatless. I will have 4 rods rigged with different presentations for different situations and some extra tackle onboard. I just hope everyone remembers gnat spray! It will be nasty if wind is down!!!

MDR
03-20-2011, 10:24 AM
I feel your pain Gnatless. I will have 4 rods rigged with different presentations for different situations and some extra tackle onboard. I just hope everyone remembers gnat spray! It will be nasty if wind is down!!!

With any luck the weather will be a repeat of yesterday. I only got bothered by the gnats a couple of times and really not more than about 10 minutes at any of those times. Just enough of a breeze to keep them at bay.

I did not get a chance to ask any of the other guys that may have had fish finders to see if they also had water temp readings. (Mostly to see if mine was correct) According to mine the water temp was between 78 and 80 degrees.

bigredbobber
03-20-2011, 11:00 AM
According to mine the water temp was between 78 and 80 degrees.

Thanks. That says a lot about where the trout will be. I take it most people have packed away their chest waders for next winter, right?

swamppro
03-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks. That says a lot about where the trout will be. I take it most people have packed away their chest waders for next winter, right?

Nope, gonna need them for atleast a week to wade through bull sheet fishing reports till after pp8 Haha.

swamppro mobilized!!!!

revredfish
03-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Just recieved my shipment from Nemire - 10 BSOD's and 10 gold spoons. Look out redfish. This week fishing somewhere in Louisiana I had two skirts fall off my Nemire and was forced to a Johnson spoon. Next two reds and a broken spoon. Next two spit the spoon. I just love that big sharp Mustad Hook.

Nemire has been bought out recently and I have no information but I believe they are moving to Missouri. Hope to have an update before too long.

ReelThrill
03-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Can't find any color Nemire spoons but gold. Everywhere I go is sold out of chartreuse and black.

revredfish
03-20-2011, 03:39 PM
TYD's in Leeville was looking into buying some blacks check there.

theoldcaster
03-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Rev, will give you his!

Speckled_Tiger
03-20-2011, 05:52 PM
please edit the title to remove the "...." at the end

Crow
03-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Bad Swampy. Puting .... in the title of your posts will mess up the pages for some of us folks.

jonalford
03-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Yeah Rev. Them Johnson gold spoons don't hold up. I have had several break. Gonna pick up 2 of those nemires and maybe even a black one to try Friday to see if I like em. They seem a little heavier only used em once and it was a while back. But the hooks look solid

swamppro
03-21-2011, 07:00 AM
I used to always throw the Johnsons but they were a pita in grassy areas and they did not hold up. I switched to Marsh Works and could not be happier.

revredfish
03-21-2011, 08:06 AM
The problem is nobody else makes 1/8th ounce spoon

Racechaser
03-21-2011, 11:15 AM
FYI Rev,
Your nemire link is broken now.

brian22
03-21-2011, 11:21 AM
I just love that big sharp Mustad Hook.

+1, whether a bait hook or on a Marshworks jig head, they're all I use now. I caught my best speck with one this weekend while flounder fishing(i.e, casting out and messing around with a drink/fishfinder, and not paying attention). Also 0 of my 3 flounder flapped themselves off same hook - my son even flipped one in the boat, slapping me in the chest w/ it as I turned around w/ the net.

ijuswannafish
03-21-2011, 01:07 PM
FYI Rev,
Your nemire link is broken now.

You can't access the Nemire site at all. It has been taken off the internet.

revredfish
03-21-2011, 01:19 PM
You can't access the Nemire site at all. It has been taken off the internet.

Yeah I know and no responses to my email.

Crow
03-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Rev probably bought them out so they took down the site while they restock.

cocahoeclyde
03-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Back in the olden days when we were fishing silver spoons on a bright day we would rub it with a black marksalot to make a black spoon, worked pretty good