PDA

View Full Version : Paddle Palooza 8 Urgent: Rule Change

revredfish
03-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Great meeting tonight. Registrations as of tonight 140!!!!

In response to the large number of weigh in the 2 category weigh in has been cancelled. Weigh in will be done according to past tradition.

If you qualify for the slam (2 species limit is met) your fish will be weighed once the top five are finalizes your best fish will be sent into their categories, big fish wins.

For example you catch a 1 trout, 1 red, 1 flounder but you place 6th in the slam, those fish will be automatically broken up and dropped into their best individual category. You can only win one category.

Each angler will be allowed to weigh in 1 fish of each species (trout, flounder, redfish) + 1 leopard red.

This ensures that 25 prizes will be given to 25 winners.

revredfish
03-17-2011, 10:19 PM

Also remember fish measurements matter. If you break a LDWF regulation you are disqualified. No illegal fish at the weigh in. That means if you bring in two fish over 27 inches you are disqualified. 11 inch trout and you are out.

revredfish
03-17-2011, 10:37 PM
PaddlePalooza 8
March 26, 2011
CATAGORIES:
CAJUN SLAM Stringer: The contestant who weighs in the heaviest stinger will win. Five places will be awarded with cash/prizes.
Eligible fish for CAJUN SLAM STRINGER:
A total of 3 fish can be weighed for the Cajun Slam stringer; however the redfish may not exceed 27”. A bonus pound of weight is added to those contestants who can pull complete slam of all three species (redfish, flounder, and speckled trout) as to add to the incentive of turning in a full stringer. 1st - 5th places will be awarded (Remember flounder have to be 12" or longer).
2 Examples of legal stringers in Cajun Slam division:
3lb trout, 1lb flounder, 4lb redfish (slam earns +1lb bonus weight) = 9lb stinger
3lb trout, 5lb redfish= 8lb stringer

NOTE: Rule change – you are only allowed to enter one category. Due to the large number of registrations the tournament directors have moved to a 1 category placement. Qualified slams will all be weighed those who do not win a slam will have their best fish entered into individual fish categories. Angler without a slam may of course enter their fish into the best fish category in advance.

Single Fish Awards: 1st - 5th placed awarded
Saddle Flounder: heaviest flounder over 12" wins.
Mule Trout: heaviest speckled trout over 12" wins.
Slot Redfish: heaviest slot lengthen redfish wins (16"-27").
Leopard Red: redfish with the most spots wins (>16").

PAYOUT: 50% of total entry fees ($20 per person) will be paid out. The other 50% of the entry fee pays for the shirts, food, and other expenditures.
Cajun Slam Payout: (1st place Commander 140 (rule change), 2nd-5th place % of cash payout plus prizes TBA)

Saddle Flounder: (general prize pool 1st prize pick) (rule change)Mule Trout Payout: (general prize pool 2nd prize pick)
Slot Red Payout: (general prize pool 3rd prize pick)
Leopard Red: (kayak - 2nd through fourth pick with corresponding prize level cycle)

Five slams are awarded first - they may also get a visit to the table as part of their prize (pending final prize allocations)

Leopard red will recieve a kayak.

After that the visits to the prize table work like this:

Round 1: 1st place heavy flounder, 1st place heavy speckled trout, 1st place heavy red
Round 2: 2nd place heavy flounder, 2nd place heavy specled trout, 2nd place heavy red and then 2nd place leopard red
Round 3: 3rd place heavy flounder, 3rd place heavy peckled trout, 3rd place heavy red and then 3rd place leopard red
... and so on until the top 5 places in each category have picked.

(Participants who place in the top 5 in the slam will get their share of the purse in addition to the prizes chosen from the table)

Slam prizes will all be significantly greater than any trip to the table following them.

You can still only win a single category. Your leopard red will only be placed in the leapard red category.LEGAL TACKLE / BAIT: Any hook and line combination is allowed.
PADDLE-CRAFT ONLY: (no trolling motors / sails / gas engines / “mother ships”) As well as being able to fish from your kayak you are allowed to wade fish or fish off of the bank. As long as that area you are wade fishing or fishing from the bank is within 100 ft and view of your LAUNCHED paddle craft.
WATER COURTESY: Do your best not to disturb someone else’s fishing area, by encroachment, or noise. If you come upon an angler in an egress area, as quietly as you can, ask which side he or she would like you to cross at. (a good rule of thumb is that if you can both cast to a common point you are too close)
PROTEST: All protests must be made in writing and delivered to a Tournament official within 30 minutes of the check-in time. The tournament director is the final authority in all considerations.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE: A waiver, release of liability, and covenant not to sue are part of the entry form. It is required that all contestants take responsibility for themselves while participating in event activities.

RULE CHANGES: Rules interpretation is exclusively left to the Tournament Directors and BCKFC Officers. The decisions of this group are final in all matters and are not subject to appeal.

PARTICIPATION AND ELIGIBILITY: Participation is open to anyone 18 years of age or older. Minors are eligible to participate with a parent or legal guardian signature on the release form. A completed entry form, waiver, and entry fee must be received no later than the published entry date. “All participants represent that they are physically and mentally competent and fit and able to participate. By entering, all participants agree to assume all risks of personal injury, death, and damage to or loss of property and further agree to indemnify and hold BCFKC, its officers, members, agents, and sponsors harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, and causes of action resulting directly or indirectly from participation.”

PRE-REGISTRATION AND PRE-TOURNAMENT MEETING: Each contestant must pre-register and pay by Saturday March 19, 2011
Pre-Tournament Meeting at 8:30 pm, Friday, March 25th at Bobby Lynn’s Marina Leeville, Louisiana. Attendance at the Pre-Tournament Meeting is optional. At the Meeting will go over the rules, boundaries, restrictions and whatever concerns we feel should be addressed. You can also pick up your shirts at the meeting.
ENTRY FEES: $40 per person for the first 2 members of your immediate family. Each additional dependent can register for the discounted rate of $20 per person (same as would qualify for your federal income tax). This discount is only available for dependants.
Entry Fees includes a Tournament T-Shirt as well as a post tournament meal (Extra Shirts can be purchased for $20) in addition you can become a BCKFC member for $25 a year per person, or $40 per family household. Please specify size of shirt at the time of registering. And if you are ordering any additional shirts please include the appropriate extra amount ($20 per) and the sizes desired.
LEGAL FISHING TIME / BOUNDRIES: 5:00am - 4:00pm weigh-in March 26th, 2011. All fish must be caught in accordance with LA state law, (except for flounder we restrict the size to a 12" minimum) and the following tournament rules.
Any waters south of the town of Cut Off in either Jefferson Parish or Lafourche Parish are eligible. (legal fishing time and weigh-in local subject to change)

SIGN IN / WEIGH IN: The sign in / weigh in station will be operational starting at 3:00pm, and will run till all fisherman have SIGNED IN by the 4:00pm deadline. Any fishermen signed in at the weigh-in station at Bobby Lynn’s Marina by the 4pm cutoff time on March 26th, 2011 will have the option to weigh their fish. Any entrant that does not make the 4pm sign-in cut off, will not be allowed to weigh their catch and will not qualify for any fishing awards. There will be no exceptions to this rule. Official time will be kept by the Tournament Directors at the weigh-in stations. Anglers are strongly urged not to wait until the last minute to sign-in to submit their catch for weigh-in. Weigh in time is the tie breaker. Weigh-in will start a short time after the 4:00 PM sign in deadline has passed. All competitors must check in with legal fish (LAW&F Regulations) to be eligible for fishing prizes. All fish submitted for weigh-in must be fresh and caught on the day of the tournament. The weigh master will make decisions on accepting fish for weigh-in, and final placement their decision is final. Any attempt to enter fraudulent catch, exchanging catches, tamper with catch, or to hamper or threaten any official of the tournament will result in immediate disqualification. Only authorized persons will be allowed in the stations. You will receive a token when you check in at the sign-in table; your catch will be weighed in the order according to your token. All weighed / entered fish will be not returned, as it will be used in the post tourney fish fry. The largest fish will be determined by weight. In the event of a tie, the first fish entered will be considered the winner, and the other will be dropped to the next position. (Redfish will be bent, and loosened straight before being measured with a pinched tail to ensure they are not 27" or longer.) When your token number is called entrant should weigh all fish at that time.
2011 Rule Changes: You may catch fish while outside of your kayak, however, that kayak must not be “trailored” or on your vehicle. Your kayak must be launched and within 100 ft. of you. Two categories placement has been deleted. When you surrender your ticket at weigh in it is final.

Racechaser
03-17-2011, 10:52 PM
So there is only one kayak being awarded as a prize?

bigredbobber
03-17-2011, 11:05 PM
As if that wasn't enough, hear it straight from RevRedfish and All_In. This was posted for the guys who missed the meeting. I will remove the video from youtube the day after PP8, since it will be irrelevant by then. THIS IS RAW FOOTAGE BTW. Didn't have time to pretty it up tonight.

If you don't have access to these links, you won't find them on Youtube, for privacy's sake.

Read the description of the videos so my coughing doesn't hurt your ears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns_wdQfgh9I

2nd part of video Again, read the description so you know when to turn down the volume a little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iBPw6nHz8k

revredfish
03-17-2011, 11:27 PM
1st place slam WS Commander 140 - from Backpacker
Leopard red - Quest - from Hobie

Racechaser
03-17-2011, 11:32 PM
Cajun Slam Payout: (1st place Commander 140 (rule change), 2nd-5th place % of cash payout plus prizes TBA)

Saddle Flounder: (general prize pool 1st prize pick) (rule change)Mule Trout Payout: (general prize pool 2nd prize pick)
Slot Red Payout: (general prize pool 3rd prize pick)
Leopard Red: (general prize pool 4th prize pick)
Prizes will rotate till all are gone; if there are remaining prizes they will be raffled off.

OK was going by rules you just posted. It said leopard Red picked last out of prize pool.

And are prizes rotating like last year and the posted rules or being raffled off.

If raffled could you give details on rules and prices for that for those not at FNT last year.

revredfish
03-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Yes prizes are rotating other than the 1st place leopard red.
There are 25 places in the tournament - 65 prizes. So there will be significant raffle.

Timbalier's trip is a $10 raffle.
Prize Raffle is $2 ea. or three for $5
Also don't forget "TacklePalooza" bring in a lure (worth over $5) all lures will be collected as price of raffle admission. Winner takes home all the bait.

Racechaser
03-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Yes prizes are rotating other than the 1st place leopard red.
There are 25 places in the tournament - 65 prizes. So there will be significant raffle.

Timbalier's trip is a $10 raffle.
Prize Raffle is $2 ea. or three for $5
Also don't forget "TacklePalooza" bring in a lure (worth over $5) all lures will be collected as price of raffle admission. Winner takes home all the bait.

Thanks for the info Rev.

Ya'll are doing a bang up job

tefishmaster
03-18-2011, 07:01 AM
w

all_in
03-18-2011, 10:15 AM
OK was going by rules you just posted. It said leopard Red picked last out of prize pool.

And are prizes rotating like last year and the posted rules or being raffled off.

If raffled could you give details on rules and prices for that for those not at FNT last year.

Thanks Racechaser - that is something we didn't cover last night. To clarify the visits to the prize table will go as follows:
Round 1: 1st place - 5th place slam
Round 2: Leopard red
Round 3: 1st place heavy flounder, 1st place heavy speckled trout, and then 1st place heavy red
Round 4: 2nd place slam, 2nd place heavy flounder, 2nd place heavy specled trout, 2nd place heavy red and then 2nd place leopard red
Round 5: 3rd place slam, 3rd place heavy flounder, 3rd place heavy peckled trout, 3rd place heavy red and then 3rd place leopard red

(Participants who place in the top 5 in the slam will get their share of the purse in addition to the prizes chosen from the table)

The remaining prizes on the table will be raffled off. Everyone will receive 1 raffle ticket. Additional raffle tickets can be purchased from an officer prior to the start of teh raffle.

Good luck to one and all....

Choupique
03-18-2011, 11:10 AM
first place leopard red has the uniqueness of having an assigned prize though right? boat?

Say if a person wins 3rd - 5th place SLAM and or Leopard red; will the weigh-in officials give them their option as the prize values will be similar I’m guessing? Not very likely to happen; but who knows.

swamppro
03-18-2011, 11:15 AM
So first place heavy flounder gets a better pick of prize than 2nd place slam?

Speckled_Tiger
03-18-2011, 11:19 AM
i thought all five slam places usually pick before all the single fish categories? (excluding leopard red 1st place)

GreenWave
03-18-2011, 11:33 AM
i thought all five slam places usually pick before all the single fish categories? (excluding leopard red 1st place)

+1 The rules as listed above are a disincentive to enter good fish in the slam category. Why combine your 8 lb redfish with a 2 lb trout and 1.5 lb flounder for a 2nd or 3rd place slam, when you can claim a higher prize by simply winning the redfish category? Slams 1-5 should pick ahead of all others, otherwise the category is relatively moot.

DBO29
03-18-2011, 11:34 AM
So if I am hearing this right we can enter a red greater than 27 inches for leopard red?
Also say I catch a bull red but not a leopard red can we keep it just to donate for the fish fry? not used for weigh in

Razoryak
03-18-2011, 11:52 AM
As a cleaner - please don't bring me a bull red to clean.

ole yeller
03-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Thanks BRB for video, + 1 Slam first pick

thrash
03-18-2011, 12:33 PM
"As a cleaner - please don't bring me a bull red to clean. "

Need a Saws all?

ijuswannafish
03-18-2011, 12:33 PM
So first place heavy flounder gets a better pick of prize than 2nd place slam?

I thought all five slam places usually pick before all the single fish categories? (excluding leopard red 1st place)

+1 The rules as listed above are a disincentive to enter good fish in the slam category. Why combine your 8 lb redfish with a 2 lb trout and 1.5 lb flounder for a 2nd or 3rd place slam, when you can claim a higher prize by simply winning the redfish category? Slams 1-5 should pick ahead of all others, otherwise the category is relatively moot.

You beat me to it guys. I thought 1st -5th slam picked first because the prize value of these were higher than the rest.

ijuswannafish
03-18-2011, 12:37 PM
So if I am hearing this right we can enter a red greater than 27 inches for leopard red?
Also say I catch a bull red but not a leopard red can we keep it just to donate for the fish fry? not used for weigh in

With more than 140 people entered in this tournament we will have more than enough fish for the fryer using just the fish that are weighed in. You can add to the mess of fish if you want to but then the fish cleaners have to clean alot more fish and they will miss out on all of the festivities .

marshdaddy
03-18-2011, 12:40 PM
You beat me to it guys. I thought 1st -5th slam picked first because the prize value of these were higher than the rest.

Slams are awarded money. Sometimes money and prizes. The money is a percentage of the entry fee. Sometimes the prizes that go with the money, if any, are predetermined and I have seen it where they were picked. The slams are better than any of the 1st place categories except for maybe the kayak thatgoes with the leopard red.

swamppro
03-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks Racechaser - that is something we didn't cover last night. To clarify the visits to the prize table will go as follows:
Round 1: 1st place slam, 1st place heavy flounder, 1st place heavy speckled trout, 1st place heavy red and then 1st place leopard red
Round 2: 2nd place slam, 2nd place heavy flounder, 2nd place heavy specled trout, 2nd place heavy red and then 2nd place leopard red
Round 3: 3rd place slam, 3rd place heavy flounder, 3rd place heavy peckled trout, 3rd place heavy red and then 3rd place leopard red

The remaining prizes on the table will be raffled off. Everyone will receive 1 raffle ticket. Additional raffle tickets can be purchased from an officer prior to the start of teh raffle.

Good luck to one and all....

Correct me if I am wrong as its been along day in the office thus far.

If I dont have first place slam it would be best to take my slam and split it up for big red, big trout, or big flounder if I have fat fish as those three categorys pay better than 2nd-5th slam. My slam is second place another words with a huge flounder, say screw the slam and claim 1st flounder to beat out prize for 2nd place slam?

Razoryak
03-18-2011, 12:57 PM
With more than 140 people entered in this tournament we will have more than enough fish for the fryer using just the fish that are weighed in. You can add to the mess of fish if you want to but then the fish cleaners have to clean alot more fish and they will miss out on all of the festivities .

This should be the rule: We only clean what is weighed. Still should be plenty of fish. Can we get a ruling from the tournament director please?

all_in
03-18-2011, 12:59 PM
As marshdaddy pointed out you guys are forgetting the cash part of the prize. Why would anyone want to split up a slam to win a rod and reel combo instead of taking home hundreds of dollars and a rod and reel combo?

Before anyone asks, I cannot tell you the amount of cash definitively until registration is closed. But even the 5th place slam will get at least a couple of hundred in cash + a pick on the prize table.

GreenWave
03-18-2011, 01:19 PM
if you missed it, Rev said that you are only allowed to enter 1 (one) category for weight (biggest species or Cajun slam) and then also the leopard redfish category, where the redfish CAN be a bull red, since it won't be measured, only spots counted. All normal fishing laws still apply. IE you can't have 2 bull reds in your possession. WLF will be on site at the weigh in, so don't bother.

If you enter 2 fish or 3 fish in the slam and you don't rank 5th or higher, the fish will be split up and your weights will transfer over to the individual fish categories by the weigh-in team for your benefit, since 6th place doesn't pay out and you might have a better chance at winning the individual category and at least getting a prize.

What I heard last night is that because of the change, there will be MORE winners,not less. No one person can win more than 2 events total (any combination of the following: Cajun slam, Biggest Red, Biggest trout, Saddle Flounder, and Leopard red.) you can win two prizes but that's it.

Point taken about splitting up the slams if they don't win anything. That is a welcome change for sure. But the scenario I described would not be affected by that rule. The angler would still win a prize in the slam, just not as high a prize as if he had entered his big red seperately. That seems slightly off to me. For the last several years the top 5 slams have taken the top 5 prizes, with the exception of the Leopard Red. That seemed appropriate, given the challenge of completing the cajun slam. If the change this year was deliberate, I defer to the organizers' judgement. If it was an oversight, perhaps we could switch it back.

Disclaimer: Above are the unbiased ramblings of someone who couldn't deliberately catch a flounder to save his life!

Ok, full disclosure: I plan on accidentally catching one this year. Lots of equipment malfunctions and pee breaks in the works. :yes:

GreenWave
03-18-2011, 01:20 PM
As marshdaddy pointed out you guys are forgetting the cash part of the prize. Why would anyone want to split up a slam to win a rod and reel combo instead of taking home hundreds of dollars and a rod and reel combo?

Before anyone asks, I cannot tell you the amount of cash definitively until registration is closed. But even the 5th place slam will get at least a couple of hundred in cash + a pick on the prize table.

Ok, got it. Thanks!

revredfish
03-18-2011, 03:20 PM

Of course. and that's what the rules say. You have the description of the 5 slams, you then have the descriptions of the trips to the tables. Sorry for the miscommunication in Denis' post - we've all messed up typing an explanation before - right?

We have in essence returned to the rules that were used prior to last year.

theoldcaster
03-18-2011, 03:45 PM
This to shall pass, and there will be fishing! Let"s get ready to rumble!

revredfish
03-18-2011, 04:07 PM
What was meant to be typed:

Five slams are awarded first - they may also get a visit to the table as part of their prize (pending final prize allocations)

Leopard red will recieve a kayak.

After that the visits to the prize table work like this:

Round 1: 1st place heavy flounder, 1st place heavy speckled trout, 1st place heavy red
Round 2: 2nd place heavy flounder, 2nd place heavy specled trout, 2nd place heavy red and then 2nd place leopard red
Round 3: 3rd place heavy flounder, 3rd place heavy peckled trout, 3rd place heavy red and then 3rd place leopard red

Slam prizes will all be significantly greater than any trip to the table following them.

You can still only win a single category. Your leopard red will only be placed in the leapard red category.

Where Y'ak?
03-18-2011, 04:09 PM
'
if you missed it, Rev said that you are only allowed to enter 1 (one) category for weight (biggest species or Cajun slam) and then also the leopard redfish category, where the redfish CAN be a bull red, since it won't be measured, only spots counted. All normal fishing laws still apply. IE you can't have 2 bull reds in your possession. WLF will be on site at the weigh in, so don't bother.

If you enter 2 fish or 3 fish in the slam and you don't rank 5th or higher, the fish will be split up and your weights will transfer over to the individual fish categories by the weigh-in team for your benefit, since 6th place doesn't pay out and you might have a better chance at winning the individual category and at least getting a prize.

What I heard last night is that because of the change, there will be MORE winners,not less. No one person can win more than 2 events total (any combination of the following: Cajun slam, Biggest Red, Biggest trout, Saddle Flounder, and Leopard red.) you can win two prizes but that's it. "

OK. I'm getting confused now. The way I understood it, the change now limits a contestant to ONLY winning in one category??? This needs to be definitively settled and communicated. Time is short before the tournament and clarification is needed. We have a lot of folks participating in the tournament and these late changes can get missed. I would like to avoid ending up with anyone getting bad feelings towards the club from individuals that may be mis-informed or otherwise unhappy.

All I can say is I'm glad I'm not one of the tournament directors. I don't envy those guys!

marshdaddy
03-18-2011, 04:14 PM
The Rev said that a person can win in one category only, except if you are lucky or skilled enough to win with a another seperate red in the leopard red category also. It's not really that difficult.

all_in
03-18-2011, 04:15 PM
The original post now reflect consensus on the rules.

Where Y'ak?
03-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks Denis. 25 places and 25 different individaul winners. An individual contestant cannot win more than once. Got it!

revredfish
03-18-2011, 04:24 PM
The Rev said that a person can win in one category only, except if you are lucky or skilled enough to win with a another seperate red in the leopard red category also. It's not really that difficult.

No one category - period. I think if you won a kayak you had enough fun for the day. If you won hundreds of dollars and a prize let someone else win the kayak.

bigredbobber
03-18-2011, 04:29 PM
'

What I heard last night is that because of the change, there will be MORE winners,not less. No one person can win more than 2 events total (any combination of the following: Cajun slam, Biggest Red, Biggest trout, Saddle Flounder, and Leopard red.) you can win two prizes but that's it. "

OK. I'm getting confused now. The way I understood it, the change now limits a contestant to ONLY winning in one category??? This needs to be definitively settled and communicated. Time is short before the tournament and clarification is needed. We have a lot of folks participating in the tournament and these late changes can get missed. I would like to avoid ending up with anyone getting bad feelings towards the club from individuals that may be mis-informed or otherwise unhappy.
All I can say is I'm glad I'm not one of the tournament directors. I don't envy those guys!

OK, I see where I goofed. I removed my original post and corrected my quote above. VERY SORRY! I should have just left it at the video and kept my mouth shut. I will now commence shushing and stand quietly and leave it to the professionals. Very good catch on my post, Chris.

MDR
03-18-2011, 04:33 PM
No one category - period. I think if you won a kayak you had enough fun for the day. If you won hundreds of dollars and a prize let someone else win the kayak.

Ok, now I'll chime in. So, in the incredibly of chance that I place first in the slam and catch a red with 57 spots then my 57 spot red is of no use to me whatsoever.? Even if I catch the 2nd place flounder and a red with 40 slots thereby being 3rd in that category my incredible luck is prety much wasted.?
I have wholeheartedly supported the one category thing with the exception of the leopard red. Since that is much more of a luck aspect of things it sure seems we could wind up penalizing some folks for catching one. (Unless of course they find a way to sell it to another entrant)

It ain bloody likely to happen I agree, but it seems a rather harsh penalty to me and would only potentialy lower the prize awards to 20 people.

theoldcaster
03-18-2011, 04:41 PM
I believe that only 30% of the fishermen ever really understand the rules, out of those only a few fish to win, and 10% would complain not matter what the rule was. So no rule will be perfect, we just hope they are perfectly clear!

revredfish
03-18-2011, 05:21 PM
The rule change was clearly stated last night - ONE PRIZE per angler. I'm sorry if you did not hear me.

The rule change has been clearly restated today. All typos have been corrected. The rules in place today were the rules for most PaddlePaloozas throughout history.

I can't imagine any scenario where someone who won a kayak will feel the victim of a harsh penalty.

Now gang: until someone actually turns in a neon green leapord redfish given to them from space alliens I don't expect to solve the next weigh in issue until you actually have a fish in your hands!! I hope you will have a whale of a grin on your face too.

RedFinn
03-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Last year I caught zero but had a blast not having to decide what catagory to place my zero fish ;)

Cobia 1
03-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Ah, but the aliens are not competing in a kayak and if the aliens "give" you the fishm then it won't count. Unless, of course you can prove that you had benn probed by the aliens. Just a clarification of the rule as per my understanding.
Of course this is in jest, but shows how extreme we can be in our scenarios.
Good luck to all and especially to ET who will take Gairi away.

Red Slayer
03-18-2011, 06:56 PM
Now watch it with the alien talk here, I drive a stealth kayak, it's not my fault that the weighmaster cant see my stealth red! Now for the serious question. I understand only 3 fish will be entered. However, may i keep all fish within legal limits to go in the freezer? Or must I cull out and only arrive with 3 fish?

swamppro
03-18-2011, 07:30 PM
The only problem is see is changing rules a week before a tourney. People work off shore and will not know about this until weighin. I understand a change but s major change a week before is hard to swallow for some.

swamppro mobilized!!!!

Where Y'ak?
03-18-2011, 07:33 PM
RedSlayer--

You can keep your legal limits of any species you catch. For weighin, you are only allowed to weighin your largest trout, flounder and slot red. You can also weigh in one leopard red which can be any size and does not have to be a slot fish. However, as stated above, you will only be allowed to win in one category.

Choupique
03-18-2011, 07:42 PM
• more people win

• no advatage for folks weighting till the end to place fish

• no one will get screwed out of a prize (6th place SLAM etc. in the old format locked your fish and they got quat)

• no one will get screwed out of a prize (people who ended up weighing heavy in the single category realizing they had plenty to win a SLAM)

• FASTER weigh-in

• less chance for an error in awards

Yea the change was made less than 2 weeks out from the event but we are all better for it. Get on with it. Is it gonna change how you fish for this event? NO! is it going to make all your pre-fishing null? NO! if folks don’t know about the change until they show up and the weigh-in is it going to screw everything up? NO! Do you still get to fish, have a good time, eat, drink, be merry and win something perhaps? YES. Does your buddy have a better chance of winning something too? YES.

theoldcaster
03-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Dang, did Choup write that or a ghost writer, sounds more like me talking than him! :lol:

Let's get on with it, discussing this is about as exciting as reading tax law!

MDR
03-18-2011, 10:07 PM
The rule change was clearly stated last night - ONE PRIZE per angler. I'm sorry if you did not hear me.

I'm sorry too. Then again it was not my choice to be mostly deaf. Thanks for the smart ass answer though.