PDA

View Full Version : need help transporting a hobie to the ifa tournament

nolafish
04-16-2010, 09:31 AM
can anyone help me get my revo to the turnament. i have a small nissan pick up and don't know if i will have time to rig something up or how i am going to rig it yet before next weekend.
i can use some help on either THANKS !!

Branch_Office
04-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Do you have a 2" receiver hitch by chance? If so, I will lend you my hitch extender with the crossbar on top.

ReelThrill
04-16-2010, 10:12 AM
I will have room on my trailer for one more if you would like to ride along with me. I won't be staying in Cocodrie, I'll drive down early the morning of the tournament. Let me know if your interested. Algiers is only about 15 min from me.

nolafish
04-16-2010, 12:10 PM
thanks guys !
b/o (:lol:) -- i am going to check into getting a hitch hooked up
reel thrill -- i would like to ride down with you. but i think we need to be at captain's meeting the night before

ReelThrill
04-16-2010, 04:58 PM
Yeah i know, still trying to figure out what I'm gonna do.

nolafish
04-16-2010, 06:16 PM
let me know if you would like someone to ride with you.

nolafish
04-16-2010, 06:18 PM
banch office , does the bed extender put the kayak above the truck. if it does where can i pick one up

Branch_Office
04-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Yes, mine puts the yak above the bed where you can use either rack on top of cab or I have been sticking mine thru the back glass that slides open. So, to elaborate, one part of the yak rest on my hitch extender that I have pool noodles on and the the other end is your choice either rack on top of cab or thru back window as I have been doing . I did weld a 12 extension to the part that fits in the receiver hitch so it sits back a little more which is good for mine . I have a hard bed cover on my F150 so I welded mine to be kinda of straight up but the height will adjust somewhat up and down. If you want me to stick it in my hitch receiver and shoot you a couple of pics I can do that on Sunday just let me know. I purchased mine at Harbor Freight but you are welcome to borrow mine. When did you want to get it? I am actually going to camp on Saturday so I could meet you at first exit past 310 if you want.