PDA

View Full Version : Ride The Bull 2011

Where Y'ak?
03-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Great news. I spoke to Capt. Danny Wray this morning and plans are underway to confirm the date for the 2011 "Ride The Bull" kayak tournament in Grand Isle.

As many of you are aware, the first tournament in 2009 was great, but the 2010 event had to be cancelled due to the BP spill.

Danny hopes to have the date locked in shortly and I'll make sure to let everyone know. It will likely be sometime around mid-September. He's just checking a few more events to make sure there are no major conflicts.

For those unfamiliar, the tournament is a Catch/Weigh/Release bull redfish tournament in Caminada Pass. All participants start at the same location. They have chase boats to come get your fish, weigh it and then release it. Lots of fun and great prizes. There were about 90 yaks that participated in the first event.

More details as soon as available. Stay tuned....

Hobie1Kenobie
03-09-2011, 03:02 PM
Awesome news & thanks for the update. I saw Capt. Danny at the Cabelas show and he said their would be a RTB this year. I missed out on the first one and the second one didn't happen (bummer) but it looks like I will be able to make this one if it is after the 9th of September. Yay!

yak-aholic
03-09-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm shooting to make this one too. Didn't make the first one either. I thought the original plan was to have it the same weekend as IFA Grand Isle.

jonalford
03-09-2011, 04:10 PM
I went to the first one and it was a lot of fun. We just anchored down in between like a dozen other yaks. You could just sit there and cary on a conversation with the people next to you and when someone would hook up everyone would start to cheer. Then the boat would come weigh the fish and release it. If there is any tournament where luck comes into play this is the one not much skill needed. So anyone can win a boat with just one fish.

bigredbobber
03-09-2011, 04:45 PM
If there is any tournament where luck comes into play this is the one not much skill needed. So anyone can win a boat with just one fish.

So you are saying this is the perfect tournament for me? I'll be there now that I have a yak. No way I was going into the pass in an open canoe last time.

yak-aholic
03-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Aww come on Jorge. You could have fished the pass in the canoe. Couldn't be that bad.:hide:

I saw a few pelicans out there for the first one if I remember the pics correctly and I think they fill up faster than a canoe.

I'm definitely game now that I have the Magic.

BayouTiger
03-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Here's a link to the old site page on the tournament w/ pics:

http://www.bckfc.org/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4371#pid43232

Where Y'ak?
03-09-2011, 05:55 PM
There were one or more canoes entered in the first RTB.

bigredbobber
03-09-2011, 06:49 PM
There were one or more canoes entered in the first RTB.

nut cases, you mean. Not that I haven't been tempted to launch from the beach before behind Bridgeside.

theoldcaster
03-09-2011, 06:57 PM
I will be there!

MDR
03-09-2011, 08:48 PM
The pass isn't too bad for a canoe. Iffin you get a bull headed due south for Cuba though it could get interesting.