PDA

View Full Version : PP8

DBO29
03-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Who is going to win PP8? This is going to be my first PP event and I am excited about it.
I hear nothing but great things about this event, the food, the people, etc...I just wanna hear the rants about who is going to win!!:buttrock:

tugowar
03-02-2011, 10:17 AM
In all seriousness, I've already won for the following reasons:
1. I joined a club with an interesting mix of people.
2. I get to fish an area I would rarely venture.
3. I'll learn a thing or three...or fourteen.
4. I'm guaranteed belly laughs if brian22 is fishing anywhere nearby.
5. I'm guaranteed belly laughs at anyone taking themselves too seriously.

As an added bonus, I offer up some none-too-serious poking of fun:
http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html

revredfish
03-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Past winners of: Choupique and All_in are always threats
Strong performance by gnatless - is to be expected
Quiet but deadly - jonalford
watch out for about a dozen long time members that haven't won in awhile.

And the ever forceful - hobie1kenobie

Sandman
03-02-2011, 10:36 AM
As an added bonus, I offer up some none-too-serious poking of fun:
http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/posting.html

That's too funny!

Hobie1Kenobie
03-02-2011, 10:55 AM
TOC

Speckled_Tiger
03-02-2011, 11:35 AM
I think the loser of the TOC/Choup bet should also be the winner of the Dos Gris for not backing up all the smack talk they've been throwing around here.

swamppro
03-02-2011, 11:49 AM
I think the loser of the TOC/Choup bet should also be the winner of the Dos Gris for not backing up all the smack talk they've been throwing around here.

+1000000000

Where Y'ak?
03-02-2011, 12:04 PM
I dunno, ijustwanna's multiple plunges are hard to beat. Besides, that decoy may add a little flotation and help save his life on a future episode which is certain to come!

Choupique
03-02-2011, 12:10 PM
PP3 - Danny Wray
PP4 - Yakalou
PP5 - LuvDaTigers
PP6 - Choupique
PP7 - All_In
PP8 - OldCaster
:lol::lol:

Cobia 1
03-02-2011, 12:37 PM
I don't know about the Dos Gris for ijustwannafish, maybe an oyster shell or something like that. It remains in the water all of the time, never gets out!
Sherman is the real Aquaman. I heard that when "help" arrived he still didn't want to get out of the water.
If he didn't lose any gear, and didn't get injured (except for pride), then it is very funny.

theoldcaster
03-02-2011, 12:48 PM
I will pick Choupique to win, because he is going to work his butt off to make sure he doesn't have to wear the overalls and straw hat! :smilegrin:

revredfish
03-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Well as Rick Flair always said: "If you want to be the man - you have to beat the man". I'm shooting for second place in something (maybe Dos Gris):shocked:

DBO29
03-02-2011, 02:39 PM
My suggestion is that we all just sit around drink some beer and raffle off the prizes! haha I am looking forward to this competition Guys. Hopefully by then I will have all my LED lights on my Kayak.

Cobia 1
03-02-2011, 02:49 PM
My suggestion is that we all just sit around drink some beer and raffle off the prizes! haha I am looking forward to this competition Guys. Hopefully by then I will have all my LED lights on my Kayak.

Excessive lighting, more than one, is an automatic 10lb. deduct.

efauve777
03-02-2011, 03:03 PM
what is this Dos Gris award that everyone keeps talking about?????

DBO29
03-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Excessive lighting, more than one, is an automatic 10lb. deduct.

People can fish around me, I love sharing my fishing grounds. :lol:

MDR
03-02-2011, 03:50 PM
In no particular order I would have to say Sandman, H1K, Rev and All-in if they have not used up all their mojo on prizes for the tourney, ijustwannafish if he actually catches fish instead of swimming with them, Where Yak has been kind of quiet lately, and GWLSU has been pretty consistent lately.

I still vote Sherman as the leading candidate for Dos Gris. His swimming adventures are only part of his qualifications.

Nobody
03-02-2011, 03:57 PM

"Have you ever done something and then immediately told yourself that was probably the dumbest thing you have ever done?"

Do it around the wrong person in this club and YOU may be eligible for the coveted "Dos Gris"!

LuvDaTigers
03-02-2011, 04:01 PM

Think of it as a Darwin award, only no one dies.

To duck hunters dos gris are viewed as birds of lesser intelligence. They are not a challenge to fool to come into your decoy spread nor much of a challenge to hunt them.
In south LA, the term has morphed into not only describing a dumb bird, but also other animals, namely human beings. Mostly when folks are caught doing something that another would judge to be dumb.
On this site, we tend celebrate when someone's actions might be considered south of the minimum intelligence line and nominate them for the Dos Gris award.
There are a few things that might earn you instantaneous nomination for the Dos Gris award. Falling out of your kayak at a public event might qualify you for that. Referring to stinkpots as "real boats" might be another.

Hobie1Kenobie
03-02-2011, 04:11 PM
...Sandman, H1K, Rev and All-in...

You can omit me from this list. I have asked a few seemingly nice members of this club to teach me how to fish and no one has taken me under their wing yet. Most recently I asked someone to show me how to use these spinning type reels, element54, and got totally blown off and laughed at. If I show up at the weigh in with fish someone ought to call the law because there will have been a kayak jacking somewhere in the marsh.

Glwlsu
03-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Great explaination of the award by LoveDaTigers !!!! Very well said.

theoldcaster
03-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Always watch the guys that claim they can not fish, but seem to be on the water all the time! :spin:

Choupique
03-02-2011, 06:03 PM
I saw H1K in a rather dogris-award winning moment!

I really need a list of the participants for a odds list! somebody post a registration list pretty please!

MDR
03-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Great explaination of the award by LoveDaTigers !!!! Very well said.

+1

Hobie1Kenobie
03-02-2011, 07:32 PM
I saw H1K in a rather dogris-award winning moment!
That's every day for me brother. I embrace the my awkward dorky~ness. :)

And TOC, you fish way more than I do. If I couldn't live vicariously thru everyone else's posts I would never be able to fish. Come on RETIREMENT!

Rashid Knight's iPhone

theoldcaster
03-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Man, I work hard, you just don't give me any credit, just ask MDR, I ran into him the other day while I was working!

swamppro
03-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Oldcaster doing his thing!!!
http://www.boomspeak.com/fiction_pix/walmartgreet3.jpg

And his sponsored rain suit!!!!!
http://www.festville.com/archives/walmart-greeter.jpg

theoldcaster
03-07-2011, 03:20 PM
smile and a rain coat, that is all I need to out fish swamppro! :lol:

tefishmaster
03-07-2011, 03:33 PM
I've been holding BCKFC Club Champion Dos Gris award going on a year now and as the super special bonus of the holder, like no other out there competing, I will have it proudly displayed on my kayak for the Paddle Palooza event for everyone to see and envy. It is "THE MOST" honorable of them all, and the best part about it - everyone can be a contender for it (yes it is that special). Folks have a hard time remembering who won this or that, but NOBODY forgets the Dos Gris, it truly is the bomb.com!

And i have a very special member in line for it this year. :yes: :smilegrin: :lol: :hide:

tefishmaster
03-07-2011, 03:35 PM

We have a lot of raffle prize for P/P8 so bring so $$$

Choupique
03-07-2011, 03:58 PM
My suggestion is that we all just sit around drink some beer

You guys do that!:smirk:

DBO29
03-08-2011, 05:55 AM
Man I was just hoping to get mojority of the people to sit around while I went fish. I guess you are all to smart for that.haha......this is going to be an awesome event! with this being my first PP event i have a few questions.
Are there any side pools that I would need to bring cash for? Also for door prizes? How does all that work?