PDA

View Full Version : La Nature Conservancy's "Fish the Reef Rodeo", 4/2/11-Grand Isle

Mung
02-21-2011, 11:35 AM
The Louisiana Nature Conservancy has been working on an oyster reef on the back side of Grand Isle, and is interested in gathering some data. Thus they are hosting a Catch and Release Kayak fishing event on Saturday, April 2, from 6am to 11:30am, then lunch and an award ceremony at noon. Prizes for most fish & most fish species caught. I presume you will need to provide some data too. The event is free, but limited to the first 30 registrants.

There is a pre-tourney meet & greet at LDWF HQ Friday, April 1 at 6pm.

To pre-register e-mail Jean Landry at [email protected]

I can't seem to upload the flyer, but will send to you if you email me at [email protected]

Glwlsu
02-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Thanks Mung You got me a place to stay !!! Atr least a spot on the road !!!

Mung
02-21-2011, 12:00 PM
I wish. Unfortunately my oldest daughter Alex is having her engagement party that evening in Baton Rouge. Wife nixed my participation in any fishing events that morning. Like I couldn't fish AND make it back fora party?!?! These women have no concept of multi-tasking.

Reel Tachy Fishing
02-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Thanks Mung, already sent an email to register bet its going to fill up fast......

MDR
02-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Sounds like fun.

Let's see if I am able to copy and paste this correctly.

The Nature Conservancy’s Shoreline Protection and Oyster Reef Restoration Project is Complete along the Back Bay of Grand Isle
Join us in Gathering Fish Data near the Reefs through a
Catch and Release Kayak Fishing Event
FREE to All Anglers – LIMIT of 30 Fishing Kayakers – So Pre-Register Early
Great Prizes for Most Fish & Fish Species Caught

To Pre-Register Contact:
Jean Landry at [email protected]

April 1: Friday Evening - 6:00 PM

April 2: Reef Rodeo - 6:00 – 11:30 AM
12:00 PM: Lunch & Award Ceremony

Special Thanks to our Co-sponsors of this Event:
LA Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Research Facility, CCA-Louisiana and the Friends of Grand Isle

Mung
03-29-2011, 12:00 PM
4488Just a reminder: this dealio is this weekend. I am attaching a photo of the reefs, maybe.

Greg

Mung
03-29-2011, 12:07 PM
The "reef" actually looks more like a breakwater, but fishing the backside of the island is pretty good regardless. There are some breakwaters to the east of this behind the LDWF building that I always catch fish on.