PDA

View Full Version : Demo Day Feb 19th

Choupique
02-18-2011, 10:31 AM
I just got an email that the Backpacker will start up demo days tomorrow at LSU lakes from 10am - 2pm

Reel Tachy Fishing
02-18-2011, 01:36 PM
where at on the lakes? I know them when driving by but don't hav e first hand knowledge

Chinquapin
02-18-2011, 01:48 PM
On the beach side off of Stanford Ave (Stanford Park on google maps). Last year they set up to the left of the beach.

Reel Tachy Fishing
02-18-2011, 01:52 PM
thanks ...thinking of making a run just for giggles

Chinquapin
02-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Its definitely worth it, no commitment and you can try all the boats you want.

bigredbobber
02-18-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm going just to get a taste of the PA cool-aid. See y'all there in the A.M.

jpoucher
02-18-2011, 03:14 PM
I will also be there early. If you see me give me a holler. My wife and two kids (3 & 4 year old) will be with me.

theoldcaster
02-18-2011, 03:45 PM
you going to buy the wife a new PA ?

jpoucher
02-18-2011, 03:51 PM
you going to buy the wife a new PA ?

That's funny. She doesn't want to deal with pedals. I'm going to try out an outback. I don't want to deal with the size and wait of the PA...although I will likely be taking it out for a test drive.

theoldcaster
02-18-2011, 03:52 PM
The girl neeed a new yak for PP8

brian22
02-18-2011, 03:57 PM
That's funny. She doesn't want to deal with pedals. I'm going to try out an outback. I don't want to deal with the size and wait of the PA...although I will likely be taking it out for a test drive.

Wait till you see how light the PA is in the water, and how tight she turns. You'll be surprised. To turn quickly from a stop or slow speeds, give it a lot of gas for a few seconds. If already cruising, just turn.

Goatlips
02-18-2011, 04:14 PM
Going with my son trying out the PA he wants one bad.Guess I will have to buy one.

theoldcaster
02-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Everyone that thinks Yak-a-chick needs a new Pro Angler raise your hand!

bigredbobber
02-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Going with my son trying out the PA he wants one bad.Guess I will have to buy one.

Ever think of adopting a son. I pick up after myself and I have a job.:smilegrin:

jpoucher
02-18-2011, 04:37 PM

That's funny. I might try that when I get my next yak
Bice name by the way

Yak-a-chick
02-18-2011, 04:53 PM
My hand is raised!!!! Well maybe not a PA... It is a lil big for this lil girl, but a new yak I will take! When you going to buy me one TOC? Or heck don't you have a few?!?! You can just hand one down to me!

Goatlips
02-18-2011, 04:57 PM
That's funny. I might try that when I get my next yak
Bice name by the way

Thanks but he may have to watch me peddle around in it for at least one summer.

theoldcaster
02-18-2011, 05:01 PM
Try one you will love it, you out fish him, so you deserve the best boat!

yak-aholic
02-18-2011, 07:57 PM
I really like the Outback, but you can't beat the stability or weight capacity of the PA. It has room to handle you and a small child too.

Hobie1Kenobie
02-18-2011, 08:21 PM
I really like the Outback, but you can't beat the stability or weight capacity of the PA. It has room to handle you and a small child too.

Be careful you don't do what I did...not make up your mind and just get both. It's nice, don't get me wrong, but has a nice price tag too. Kool aid can get expensive quick. :)

Rashid Knight's iPhone

Yak-a-chick
02-18-2011, 09:00 PM

Ok then do YOU want to buy it for me?!?! :blush: And then when I want to go fishing take it out for me... cuz I sure can't handle that beast! :lol:

yak-aholic
02-18-2011, 09:09 PM
I was gonna try to make it, but I'll be doing something else tomorrow morning. More to follow.

bigredbobber
02-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Just got back from the demo. Got to try an Outback while I was there. My tight schedule today did not allow me to wait for the guy trying out the PA to peddle back. He looked like he was getting a good overview of the yak. For a big guy, the Outback was very stable and fast but a little too wet of a ride for my taste, although I knew I was pushing max capacity. I had a good inch or so of water in the footwells with NO gear. I can't imagine loading it down and then peddling off. My only other concern was that having big feet, the outside of my right foot rubbed against the side of wells where the molded foot grips are. I was VERY impressed with the steering, rudder controls and the peddle drive. I can see why so many of y'all are Hobie junkies now. Now I have to try out the PA, which I know will be an even sweeter ride. I will say this. I have found a Mason jar and opened a new savings account. LOL.

Didn't see anybody else out there when I got on the water but there were a bunch of people waiting when I came back. Didn't see any club members I knew by face. Sorry if I missed ya. Think I saw JPoucher and his kiddos walking up as I got into my car.

Thanks Backpacker.

Reel Tachy Fishing
02-19-2011, 01:11 PM
The big guy hogging the PA was probably me....lol (big bald guy with a little red head sitting on the bow) I was impressed with the PA and will be putting one on layaway very soon. I have drank the kool aid and believe

yak-aholic
02-19-2011, 01:46 PM
I was out there too. Probably 10:30-11:30ish. Took my boys out in the OK Malibu two XL and tried it out solo. Pedaled the PA around. Paddled around in the KC12 for a minute. I don't know if any one else tried the KC12 out or not, but that thing is SUPER STABLE!!! They have a trolling motor bracket that IIRC is now on the market for something like $60. I may be wrong on the price.

jpoucher
02-19-2011, 05:51 PM
We had a great time at the demo day. Got there around 10:30 and stayed untill about 2:00. We got to talk to yak-aholic and breamkiller for a little while. I ended up trying out the PA, Outback and the Revolution. I liked the Outback best out of any of them. I was able to stand in the Revo but would not advice most people to try. The Outback was a breeze to stand in...I even did a little paddling around while standing. I was quite surprised with the stability. The PA was nice but I loose the whole "kayak feel"...I feel like I'm in a bateau or something.

I told my wife a while back that I wanted to get an Outback pretty soon. She had no desire to get one with pedals. I told her to go take the Outback out for a spin. BIG mistake...now she wants to get an Outback for her and "let" me keep my Ultimate. She did say that I would get to use it anytime I want as long as she is not fishing with me. We did not come home with one but it is in our near future. Since it will not be mine I'm willing to wait a little while longer.:hide:

By the way...I blame all this on TOC!!! Thanks a lot buddy.:lol:

Yak-a-chick
02-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Yes... I told Jayson I had no desire in going to the demo day but he INSISTED! Now I am sad I couldn't bring home the Outback. But I look at it like this... HE is the one who complains about how slow I paddle and HE is the one that wanted me to get in the Outback. So now HE should let ME get the next kayak. What are y'alls feelings on this???

Oh and thanks TOC!!!!

yak-aholic
02-19-2011, 07:01 PM
I say get two, but then again it's not coming out of my pocket

Yak-a-chick
02-19-2011, 07:15 PM
I say get two, but then again it's not coming out of my pocket

Yea... one is a lot of $, 2 is WAY TOO much $!

downoffthemountain
02-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Don't forget about the craigslist listing for a pair of outbacks for sale right now. If you are gonna leap that way, that might be the ticket. Just a thought from the peanut gallery.