PDA

View Full Version : Kayak Wars

swamppro
01-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Ok boys. Who is on what team? Starts in less than a week!!!

(BuhhleeDat)
Coomz
Ngoceers
Category5 (swamppro was taken)
Where Yak
Choup

Bring it on BIOTCHES!!!!!!
Lets get ready to ruuuummmmbbbbllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Coomz
01-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Man this is the longest I've ever gone without fishing. Everyone can't wait for me to start again to get me out the house.

swampmonkey
01-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Team Swampguys
Swampmonkey
Swampninja
Jpoucher
Aquaman
Swampdaddy

ReelThrill
01-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Team Walker

Reelthrill
idunno
ijuswannafish
breamkiller
Pistol

brian22
01-27-2011, 09:19 PM
Let's be strong like the Saints... last year, yeah! Wish it was starting this weekend. Need to work on a waterproof cam anyway uggh. Got a waterproof hd video cam setup that takes stills and vid of course but it's so big.... maybe could mount it, I need to figure something out. Would be cool if all the kayak wars peeps showed off their cam setups, take pics of your camera(?) and let's see what you got so we can get some ideas rollin.

Nutria Yaks

brian22
unclewillie
Seeing Red
Crow
Buddhaman

Coomz
01-27-2011, 09:21 PM
brian go to kayakwars.com and click on the forum. There's a room for video discussion and one for photo. You can make a thread in one of those rooms. I use a waterproof Olympus stylus 1030 sw. I also have a backup camera setup with a Canon powershot with a waterproof pouch. The pouch cost 20 bucks and takes good pics.

ijuswannafish
01-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Team Walker

Reelthrill
idunno
ijuswannafish
breamkiller
vacant spot

Vacant spot goes to Pistol

brian22
01-27-2011, 09:36 PM
aswesome... will they verify your catches in that forum too, or do you have to go submit catches(pics only). Would be cool if you could do video to submit.

Coomz
01-27-2011, 09:42 PM
you logon to kayakwars.com with your username and pw. Then you will see a button on the top right that says log catches. You click on it and log your catches. Make sure the timestamp is correct on your camera because if its wrong the system will automatically reject it. You do not have to resize the file. They rather you upload it straight from your camera. They are stricter this year on questionable fish. They will reject the photo if a fish is questionable and not on some type of measuring device. Oh yeah have your kayak in the picture. There were some rumblings with guys taking picture of fish from what looks like a boat and a truck bed (me). I believe they will also have contests for videos as well.

brian22
01-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Well Iphone is more than enough for the job, why bring something else I'm thinking. BMAC said the solution is at Academy, you can even use the touchscreen through the plastic. That's what I'll probably go for, thus far i've been risking it w/ a naked iphone. Will have to head there tomorrow.

Coomz
01-27-2011, 09:50 PM
When you finish taking the picture of the fish, take a picture of the water next. This will help you differentiate fish later when you are uploading. You don't know how many times I had to sit there and try to see if the next two pictures were of the same fish or not.

ReelThrill
01-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Vacant spot goes to Pistol

Just fixed it.

ReelThrill
01-27-2011, 09:56 PM
When you finish taking the picture of the fish, take a picture of the water next. This will help you differentiate fish later when you are uploading. You don't know how many times I had to sit there and try to see if the next two pictures were of the same fish or not.

Thats a good suggestion. Thanks for the tip.

ijuswannafish
01-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Cool.

brian22
01-27-2011, 09:57 PM

Cool, I was thinking of just putting my hand in different positions/holding up number fingers or something.

Racechaser
01-29-2011, 04:45 AM
Bayou Busters

Racechaser
Yak-a-maniac
Element54
Stimpy56

swamppro
01-29-2011, 05:44 AM
I am loving seeing so many teams from the club!!!!!

Redhead
01-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Magnolia

Greenwave
burnmurd
bmroussel
Redhead

......and one spot open

Redhead
01-29-2011, 04:56 PM
So, I thought this thing started on 2/1. How are teams getting points already?

ReelThrill
01-29-2011, 05:01 PM
So, I thought this thing started on 2/1. How are teams getting points already?

I was wondering the same thing. There was a lot of cheating last year with this competition thats why I quit halfway through the year. I home they actually enforce the rules this year. Lots of fish submitted more than once last year. Not to mention fish that were undersized accoding to the rules.

Racechaser
01-29-2011, 05:23 PM
I think that was last years points. Because one of the last submissions was Coomz in December. That is unless you saw different. But when you click current standings it come up blank.

Coomz
01-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Those points are from last year. They are doing a new format with the total inches so they put it up as an example. It's difficult to eliminate cheating completely but they try with the timestamp. This year they are more strict with having a measuring device if your fish is questionable. If they believe your fish is questionable they will just go ahead and delete it. They had over 9000 submissions last year and that's quite a long and grueling process to review each and every photo. Most of the time they don't really care but if you are in a position to win a prize, your pictures will be reviewed more closely. I had a few pictures removed last year.