PDA

View Full Version : Kayak wars 2011 registration up!!!!!

Coomz
01-24-2011, 04:14 PM
Kayak wars 2011 registration is up. Time to get your team ready to compete in the world biggest kayak tournament. The tournament is still free to enter and loaded with thousands of dollars in prizes. Fishing starts feb. 1st but you have until April to join. Team consists of 3-5 members. Let's show the Texas kayakers who is better and dominate the south central! There are a few changes this year, so read up on the new rules. If you have any questions feel free to ask them.

P.S. The kayak gold points drawing is coming up soon. This drawing is for the grand prize of a hobie proangler and other prizes based on gold points. I believe they will broadcast it on YouTube.

revredfish
01-24-2011, 04:16 PM
http://kayakwars.com/

Coomz
01-24-2011, 04:27 PM
I am also looking for a member for my team. Last year was our first year and and we came in second. This year we are trying to take first and bring the title to Louisiana for the first time. If you are interested pm me. All I ask is for you to be motivated and driven. It's going to be a battle and won't be easy but I strongly believe we can take them down.

swampmonkey
01-24-2011, 04:28 PM
swamp guys are in

elementfiftyfour
01-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Should be a piece of cake to beat the Texans in both fishing and football. :D

Coomz
01-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Unfortunately they don't take after their football teams when it comes to fishing. They have been dominating the gulf coast region since kw began. I think the top 20 anglers last year only had 4 or so not from Texas. Going to need at least 10k points to top them.

Choupique
01-24-2011, 04:58 PM
TX has better access to pelagics, takes so many of our fin fish to = one. I guess the strategy here is 40 reds a month.

Coomz
01-24-2011, 05:13 PM
They do have easier access to pelagics but looking at the standings the only team that actually fishes for pelagics is Rockstar and they came in third. The first place team banked on flounders, reds, and drums.

Choupique
01-24-2011, 05:16 PM
- Dorado - (minimum length 0 inches) - 75 points - 6 per month
- Trophy Fish Length (0 inches) - 0 bonus points

can you take a boat to the rip? you could catch 100 chicken dolphin.

Coomz
01-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Yeah mothership is allowed. The only thing is only certain species are allowed if you are using a mothership and the points for the ones that are allowed are reduced. There's also a cap for the species that they allow per month. The species they allow with mothership usually have a very low monthly cap.

swamppro
01-24-2011, 05:24 PM
can you take a boat to the rip? you could catch 100 chicken dolphin.

32' twin vee standing by!

Choupique
01-24-2011, 05:28 PM
OINT SYSTEM VIA MOTHERSHIP

- Dorado (Mothership) - (minimum length 14 inches) - 20 points - 20 per month
- Blackfin Tuna (Mothership) - (minimum length 14 inches) - 30 points - 10 per month
- Yellowfin Tuna (Mothership) - (minimum length 14 inches) - 50 points - 10 per month
- Wahoo (Mothership) - (minimum length 14 inches) - 50 points - 10 per month
- Cobia (Mothership) - (minimum length 14 inches) - 20 points - 10 per month
- Billfish (Mothership) - (minimum length 14 inches) - 100 points - 5 per month
- Grouper (Mothership) - (minimum length 14 inches) - 20 points - 10 per month
- Amberjack (Mothership) - (minimum length 14 inches) - 25 points - 10 per month
- Bluefin Tuna (Mothership) - (minimum length 14 inches) - 75 points - 5 per month

Chicken dolphin... 400 points EASY!!!!

Coomz
01-24-2011, 05:46 PM
I'll be going after the trophy black drums. 10 points plus 30 bonus points for fish larger then 40 inches with a cap of 50 a month. That's 2000 points for one month! I'm going to shatter the all time record by September!

brian22
01-24-2011, 06:07 PM
I'll be going after the trophy black drums. 10 points plus 30 bonus points for fish larger then 40 inches with a cap of 50 a month. That's 2000 points for one month! I'm going to shatter the all time record by September!

I'm new to kayak wars but are we in the South-Central Region? Sorry to break the news if so....

- *Red Drum bonus points will not be available in the South-Central Region
- Red Drum - (minimum length 20 inches) - 10 points - 50 per month
- Trophy Fish Length (40 inches) - 30 bonus points

yak-aholic
01-24-2011, 06:17 PM
REALLY???

No bonus points for trophy redfish in the South-Central Region? That doesn't sound right at all.

ijuswannafish
01-24-2011, 07:11 PM
That's because they know we have some big bulls here

swamppro
01-24-2011, 07:13 PM
That's because they know we have some big bulls here

Yep, just go sit in the pass and soak mullet!

Coomz
01-24-2011, 07:38 PM
yeah brian we are in the south central region. That's for red drum that they aren't allowing trophy points for. The black drum has a 30 extra point for catching any fish over 40 inches

brian22
01-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Didn't see the magic word "black" in your post, my bad! Sucks about the redfish but I can see the reasoning.

ijuswannafish
01-24-2011, 07:41 PM
I don't think that is fair but rules are rules.

Dad and I just signed up. Waiting for my brother to add himself to the party. We do have 2 available spots if anyone is looking to get on a team.

ReelThrill
01-24-2011, 08:40 PM
I don't think that is fair but rules are rules.

Dad and I just signed up. Waiting for my brother to add himself to the party. We do have 2 available spots if anyone is looking to get on a team.

I had a team last year but looks like they reset the teams every year. Would like to join up with you guys if you still need team members. Send me a message with your team name and I can update my information on the kayak wars website.

revredfish
01-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Notice that all fish have to be photoed live now. Ahhh the joys... catch a fish take a picture... catch a fish take a picture.... Last year I hung around 10th place single angler all year but the difference between me and the top 5 - sick. If you are going to do it you have to commit to it like Coomz does. Don't think I'll do it again this year.

Coomz
01-24-2011, 09:56 PM
yeah, thats one of the new rules this year. If you guys don't have a waterproof camera or are afraid your digital camera might get damage, I've found a solution. It's a dicapac waterproof case. I have this on a canon as my backup unit. It cost 20 bucks a lot less then buying a waterproof camera. It also takes decent pictures.http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41N5-9k3GRL.jpg
here are a few pics that i took with it and my canon digital camera
http://kayakwars.com/images/1257/1291774879_angler1257_team133.JPG
http://kayakwars.com/images/1257/1291769252_angler1257_team133.JPG
http://kayakwars.com/images/1257/1291772936_angler1257_team133.JPG

yak-aholic
01-24-2011, 09:59 PM
I had a team last year but looks like they reset the teams every year. Would like to join up with you guys if you still need team members. Send me a message with your team name and I can update my information on the kayak wars website.

Guess we could adopt you. We're Team Walker and as of about an hour ago, the team had not yet been confirmed. We might need to come up with a new team name now that we're not all Walkers any more.

ijuswannafish
01-24-2011, 10:33 PM
If you guys don't have a waterproof camera or are afraid your digital camera might get damage, I've found a solution. It's a dicapac waterproof case. I have this on a canon as my backup unit. It cost 20 bucks a lot less then buying a waterproof camera. It also takes decent pictures.http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41N5-9k3GRL.jpg

I have one of these for my camera also. I had mine sitting in the bottom of my yak and no water. I also floated it in the kitchen sink with my camera in it. I really like this case. They can be found on ebay for almost any camera. Just make sure you get the right size.

ijuswannafish
01-24-2011, 10:35 PM

We welcome you to the team. I think my brother posted the info for you.

Looks like one more spot available if anyone is interested.

Tigerfish
01-25-2011, 07:57 AM
I have one of these for my camera also. I had mine sitting in the bottom of my yak and no water. I also floated it in the kitchen sink with my camera in it. I really like this case. They can be found on ebay for almost any camera. Just make sure you get the right size.

I have one of those cases also. Freaking love it. Never, ever leaks.

Crow
01-25-2011, 09:03 AM
The problem with beating those TX guys is that us folks in Louisiana actually work for a living.

Redhead
01-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Anybody still need a team member?

I'm down to declare war on TX.......and show them that not EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas

jpoucher
01-25-2011, 09:36 AM
I want to get in on this too. If anybody has a spot that needs filled just let me know.

swampmonkey
01-25-2011, 10:49 AM
The swampguys have 2 vacancies as of now. We would like to have a full five man team.

swampmonkey
01-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Thanks to jpoucher the swampguys have a full team,,, can't wait

jpoucher
01-25-2011, 08:52 PM
:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

Armless Monkey
01-25-2011, 08:55 PM
you know in a few weeks yak-a-chick is going to keep poucher from going fishing and you will have a four man team. You might want to boot him from the team now.

Yak-a-chick
01-25-2011, 09:04 PM
SOOOO NOT true Armless! LOL I will encourage all the fishing I can... I need more fish in my freezer! You're just jealous!!!! Now if it were the holidays I would agree with you! Sorry! :)

ijuswannafish
01-26-2011, 04:02 AM
I was looking on the Kayak Wars site and noticed there are alot of freshwater species on there this year. I do not remember them there last year.

Here is another rule for some of the guys thinking about joining.

18. Pedal drive kayaks are allowed. Motorized mechanics for prupulsion on kayaks are NOT ALLOWED to be used at this present time and the decision to use them may be altered officially at any point of the season if felt necessary.

Crow
01-26-2011, 07:15 AM
If anybody needs another person on their team let me know. I have been known to catch a fish every now and then.

bernmurd
01-26-2011, 10:14 AM
I think I will sign up this year. Who's got space for me on their team?

sent you a pm

bernie

ReelThrill
01-26-2011, 10:48 AM
I was looking on the Kayak Wars site and noticed there are alot of freshwater species on there this year. I do not remember them there last year.

Here is another rule for some of the guys thinking about joining.

18. Pedal drive kayaks are allowed. Motorized mechanics for prupulsion on kayaks are NOT ALLOWED to be used at this present time and the decision to use them may be altered officially at any point of the season if felt necessary.

Thats gonna exclude a lot of people that would have competed.

Coomz
01-26-2011, 11:21 AM
They added freshwater species this year. The prohibiting of motorized propulsion has always been one of their rules. They have also added the inch format where only the largest fish of each angler add to the team total inches.

Sandman
01-26-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm interested in getting into this. Anyone have a spot or considering starting a team?

brian22
01-26-2011, 12:03 PM
The Nutria Yaks is my newbie team... we're focused on lots of dedication and learning the yak fishing ropes. Pm if interested, 2 more will put us at 5.

CwitdeR
01-26-2011, 12:17 PM
14" bluefin:roflmao:

Racechaser
01-26-2011, 01:50 PM
I'm interested in getting into this. Anyone have a spot or considering starting a team?

I've got a spot. That would be perfect. I was looking to add someone local to me. If interested PM me.

Coomz
01-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Here are some updates from the guys running Kayak Wars. I'll just copy and paste it here.

1/26 UPDATE 2010 Prizes Shipping - Pro Angler Drawing & More

postby Oz Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:25 pm
We started the process of shipping winning prizes for 2010. We've received nearly all prizes from sponsors and getting things sorted out. Prizes will be shipped throughout the month of February so thanks in advance for being patient. If you're eligible for a prize, please make sure your address is updated in your KW Profile.

Also, the Drawing for the Hobie Pro Angler will be very soon as well, and we will video the actual drawing and put it up online for legitimacy. In addition to the Hobie Pro Angler Kayak, the drawing will give away several more pairs of Ocean Waves Sun Glasses.

Also, I forgot, Jeff Shindle donated some cool prizes which will also be distributed. Among these are some killer fossilized Shark Teeth (to be awarded to great shark catches for the year... For sure Kevin will get one for his awesome Dusky, and Linda will get one for her big Shark as well). Jeff also donated a gear mount if I am not mistaken, and that will likely get thrown into the drawing as well.

Also, Yak-Gear has committed up to $10,000 alone for prizes in 2011. In fact, every single individual who participates and submits at least (1) fish WILL receive something from them ;)

For 2011... things are looking pretty darn good... lots and lots of cool prizes. Just give us some time to process the current prizes which we are running slightly behind on distributing... that's our fault but everything WILL be sent out to the winners... One thing is for sure, there will be a lot of super happy people out there :)

Alright guys this year is going to be a great year for prizes. $10,000 in prizes from just one sponsor is awesome. If you are on the fence about entering, this should help your decision. You just need to make one submission to win a prize. There are many ways to win and not just placing in the top teams.

Sandman
01-26-2011, 09:24 PM
The Nutria Yaks is my newbie team... we're focused on lots of dedication and learning the yak fishing ropes. Pm if interested, 2 more will put us at 5.

I've got a spot. That would be perfect. I was looking to add someone local to me. If interested PM me.

Thanks for the offers everyone, but Ben PMed me earlier and I joined them. Good luck to all!

stimpy56
01-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Anyone need another person for a team. I would like to give this a try. Thanks.

Racechaser
01-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Myself, my 12 year old son, and element 54 have a team. We expect to have a good time, share some pictures, and give us an incentive to fish. We would like to win but that is not the EXPECTATION of our team.

So Stimpy if this sounds like your goals you are welcome aboard. If your goal is win and only win we most likely are not your best choice. Positive attitude and fishing for fun is the only requirement.

stimpy56
01-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Racechaser, sounds good to me. I am just looking for more reasons to go fishing and would like to participate in Kayak Wars this year. I will send you a PM.

Catch2Eat
01-31-2011, 09:03 AM
I may be late to the dance, but if there are any team spots open for a new yet dedicated kayak fisherman, lemme know.

Coomz
02-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Prizes for this year Kayakwars has just been updated. The grand prize is a hobie revolution. Here's the rest.
Many of you are probably wondering what we've got going on for 2011.

Here is a list of what's going on.

Sponsor - Hobie Fishing
Hobie Mirage Revolution
Anchor Trollies
Stake Out Poles
Drift Chutes
Sunglasses
Spray Tops
Gear keepers
Rod Leashes
Fish Finder Mounts

Sponsor - Yak Gear
$10,000 in Gift Certificates and more

Sponsor - Cast the Flats (360 Gear Mount)
360 gear mounts for prizes this year.

Sponsor - Pelagic
Clothing, gloves, visors and other accessories

Sponsor - Sunjammers
$1000 in gift certificates, reels, lures and kayak fishing stuff

Sponsor - Hook1 Kayak Fishing Gear
$1000 in gift certificates, shirts, stickers and other Hook1 gear

Sponsor - Roys Bait and Tackle
Fishing Tackle of a variety of sorts. Lures, reels, accessories etc.

More to come!!!

ijuswannafish
02-03-2011, 04:12 PM
That's alot of prizes. I can't wait to try to win some of those.

ijuswannafish
02-03-2011, 04:17 PM
just looked at some of the latest submissions to Kayak Wars. There sure are alot of pictures without measuring devices.

Coomz
02-03-2011, 04:35 PM
you don't have to have a measuring devices if the fish is well over the minimum. Like for example a black drum. I usually don't put it on a measuring device if its over 19 inches. The minimum is 14 inches. There were a few photos removed on the first day that was borderline. They didn't have a measuring device on those photos. Its up to the angler if they want to use a measuring device but if the fish is questionable or borderline it will get removed.

ijuswannafish
02-03-2011, 04:57 PM
Ok now I understand as far as just getting fish on the board.

I do not think they should count toward total length if the person does not prove how long it is. Just my opinion.

Coomz
02-03-2011, 05:08 PM
i totally agree, but that's them to police it. I also foresee problems if at the end teams are only separate by a few inches.

ijuswannafish
02-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Yeah, I do too. I am ready for this winter storm to go away so we can get started catching fish.

swamppro
02-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Yeah, I do too. I am ready for this winter storm to go away so we can get started catching fish.

You and me both.

Blue in Green
02-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Anyone have room for another rookie?