PDA

View Full Version : MC4 was a great event but how do we make MC5 better ???

Glwlsu
01-20-2011, 04:22 PM
Here's the drill. Each and every member here is the newly appointed ATD (Assistant
Tournament Director). Here is your challenge. Ways to make MC5 better than MC4

Minimalist Challenge 4 was the largest series event ever held by BCKFC and was a
success but I believe there are some things that can make it even better in 2012.

Here is aerial photo that needed to be put out in a tread under procedures for MC4
The shaded red are is the "boat" area and we should make it a point to stay clear of
this area. In past has caused increased confrontation between Stinkpot owners and
our own.

In 2012 we will have a designated drop off zone and pick up zone. Red cones will be
to have a basic "u" where guys will pull in the launch. Drop off kayak (most of their
stuff) and move their vehicle across levee and out of the way.

Please make a list of:

Changes that I think need to be made:

Changes that I would like to see made:

Keep in mind we are brainstorming here..... no need to get pissy !!! Lets play the game !!

Glwlsu
01-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Here's my stab at it:

Anticipated Changes:
1) Items that will be allowed in your Kayak
a) 5 jig heads
b) one cork (one and only one any type)
c) leader material
d) super glue

2) Legal Fishing hours 6:30am until 2:00pm

3) Sign in time 2:00pm until 2:30pm

4) Weigh in starts at 3:00 Sharp

5) Only thing given out by ATD 5 plastic baits (2 of each)

6) No Topwater baits will be issued

7) Weigh in to be held across the levee (away from launch area)

8) No changing of color or use of "dip- n- glo"

10) More comprehensive and better explanation of rules and regulation for MC5

revredfish
01-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Here's my stab at it:

Anticipated Changes:
1) Items that will be allowed in your Kayak
a) 5 jig heads
b) one cork (one and only one any type)
c) leader material
d) super glue

2) Legal Fishing hours 6:30am until 2:00pm

3) Sign in time 2:00pm until 2:30pm

4) Weigh in starts at 3:00 Sharp

6) No Topwater baits will be issued

7) Weigh in to be held across the levee (away from launch area)

8) No changing of color or use of "dip- n- glo"

10) More comprehensive and better explanation of rules and regulation for MC5

I can live with all of those - as long as the bait colors are not crazy

valvguy1
01-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Shouldn't this be entitled:

MC5 Virtual ATD Thread

theoldcaster
01-20-2011, 04:38 PM
+1 real corks !

ole yeller
01-20-2011, 04:39 PM
+ 1 not a problem, rules a year in advance wow......

yak-aholic
01-20-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm liking it so far. Might even encourage me to use the cork method since that's what obviously works out there.

yak-aholic
01-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Can we try to keep TTF as a sponsor for all up coming MC's?
Their color and lure selection blew MC4 out of the water.

Racechaser
01-20-2011, 05:15 PM
I like the cork. I like the variety of baits they gave us this year. I only wish we could use weighted worm hooks because a couple of those baits were designed to be weedless. My Big Minnow swallowed my 1/16 oz jighead. The hook wouldn't even show hardly.

We should be trying to be able to catch as many fish as possible as long as everyone has the same option.

I go back to being a slight smart aleck in saying I don't know why a cork is not minimalist in some peoples eyes. As they are using a $400.00 rod n reel combo. If you won't allow corks or the hooks of your choice, we should all use everything them including Zebco combos spooled with factory line. Now that would even the field even more.

teknickcull
01-20-2011, 05:24 PM
cane poles + bunny bread. just sayin'

in all honesty though, i like the no cork rule. i almost always fish with a cork and one of the things i looked forward to about MC was having to get out of that comfort zone.

I agree with Gairi's post about the times except that I think "legal fishing" time should start at the "shotgun start". If you want to start fishing at the first cut while everyone else is still paddling/peddling to the mine for 30 mins, so be it. that's your gamble.

who-yak
01-20-2011, 05:49 PM
+1 on Gairi changes. My only question would be the sign in time of 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM. If we cont. to grow that's an awful lot of people to process in 30 minutes.

Racechaser
01-20-2011, 05:52 PM
+1 on Gairi changes. My only question would be the sign in time of 2:00 PM - 2:30 PM. If we cont. to grow that's an awful lot of people to process in 30 minutes.

Sign in means collect your numbered ticket off roll from Tornament Official. Weigh in is later

who-yak
01-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Thanks RC

Redhead
01-20-2011, 06:59 PM
+1 Ben

+1 teknickcull

My addition to the rules is using the baits only as they are intended, with similar kinds provided. Or just allowing a cork because thats what it takes for most to catch trout.....

.....and we should have a MacGyver "Outcast" so the winners of previous MCs can still get their fix using a topwater for a cork......HA

all_in
01-20-2011, 07:23 PM
I like the cork and the extended fiahing time but I prefer the 5:30 start - it is the only way a kayak is going to beat the majority of the stinkpots to the prime areas. Also, the pinkish area you indicated is almost always bare mud in the winter. If we stage to the right near the pumps we will be out of the way and in plenty of water.

yak-aholic
01-20-2011, 07:28 PM
I think that was Rev hoping a few would stage on the mud flat so he could gain a little advantage.:hide:

swampmonkey
01-20-2011, 07:33 PM
I like the 530am too
Do we have a club banner or sign we can hang up for the events?

theoldcaster
01-20-2011, 07:54 PM
man, I had to see that tang bug of swamppro's again, hate that thing!

Choupique
01-20-2011, 07:58 PM
I think we need a mirrodine next year.

Crow
01-20-2011, 08:05 PM

So 10 plastics total? 5 colors 2 each?

pistol
01-20-2011, 08:14 PM
1 fish later. I fished till about 2 30 and it slowed down after 2. I understand why it starts so early.
2 one hook.
3 one cork

Ratherbfishin
01-20-2011, 08:28 PM
The best thing about MC for me was being forced to fish and prefish in a manner I am not comfortable with (sans cork). Now I am comfortable in fishing with just jig head and lure where as in the past if they were not biting under a cork i would not be catching.

Agree with other proposed changes except later start time.

GreenWave
01-20-2011, 09:30 PM
How about this: You use only what you're provided with that morning. Surprise. No negotiating, no whining er... discussing. If you find a cork in your bag, then you get to use a cork. If not, then hopefully you've practiced tight lining a jig. Or jerk bait. Or whatever.

Putting the "minimal" back in minimalist!

RedFinn
01-20-2011, 09:31 PM
no corks or topwaters to rig as corks, jig heads TTF plastics for sure, and mirrodine that would be used as a real lure

theoldcaster
01-20-2011, 09:35 PM
If we can't whine I don't want to play

yak-aholic
01-20-2011, 09:40 PM
How about this: You use only what you're provided with that morning. Surprise. No negotiating, no whining er... discussing. If you find a cork in your bag, then you get to use a cork. If not, then hopefully you've practiced tight lining a jig. Or jerk bait. Or whatever.

Putting the "minimal" back in minimalist!

The way it happened this year, everyone was on an equal playing field. If you did it that way, some could say they were at a dis-advantage due to not having the lure that the winning stringer was caught on.

GreenWave
01-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Sorry. I should have specified that all bags would be the same.

RedFinn
01-20-2011, 09:53 PM
+1

pistol
01-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Kinda getting away from the whole meaning of "Minimalist Challenge" eh? ..........just saying.

I am new to the club, what is the point of the MC? Is it a bottom fishing challenge? Or to use the most simple terminal tackle to fish.

ijuswannafish
01-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Or to use the most simple terminal tackle to fish.

This would be the answer

yak-aholic
01-20-2011, 10:23 PM
I would have thought so too

Musicdoc
01-20-2011, 10:30 PM
I like the MC format and would like to keep it Minimalist. There was some confusion about what we could or couldn't do with the topwater bait. I thought we couldn't McGyver out there so I thought it was a "no no" to use the top water lure as a cork. It doesn't matter to me either way, just as long as we're all on the same page. Bottom line is, I had fun and would fish this tournament again. I would like to do it with a fly rod next time, just for kicks and giggles...doesn't mean you guys have to use the long rod. I hope to get down to the mine again this year before March and give it a go with the long rod.

brian22
01-20-2011, 10:33 PM
keep TTF/marshworks! Need to make sure to keep the kayak launch/landing area free.... myself and 2 other yaks had to use the boat launch to get our boats out of the water as the yak launch was flooded. Granted, we were late as heck, probably 1:30ish just an observation.... once the tourney's over, get your boat up and out for everyone else coming in late! Drink beer and BS by the launch so help can be provided to the guys coming in late.... doesn't take much effort by the guys on dry land and is sure a big help to the latecomers! That way more of us are "put away" faster and we can all get on to enjoying the landlubber festivities!

brian22
01-20-2011, 10:38 PM
oh and +1 to starting fishing later and finishing a tad later.... did anyone really catch anything before 8? If so then I'll shut up.

RedFinn
01-20-2011, 10:45 PM
man we all took the wrong turn in the dark,I never got a bit till the sun had been up for a while

teknickcull
01-20-2011, 10:49 PM
did anyone really catch anything before 8? If so then I'll shut up.

i'm pretty sure i was culling reds by 8:30 and I was late to the party at the redfish hole. I like the early start.

yak-aholic
01-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I believe I heard someone passing me with his bull horn letting everyone know that guys were culling reds at about 9:00 or so.

revredfish
01-21-2011, 04:47 AM
I think that was Rev hoping a few would stage on the mud flat so he could gain a little advantage.:hide:

Some of those areas have been silting in dramatically (something to be said for freshwater diversion at the pumps). We'll have to update the picture and move the holding area back by the pumps maybe.

TeamTTF
02-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Can we try to keep TTF as a sponsor for all up coming MC's?
Their color and lure selection blew MC4 out of the water.

We would absolutely loved to be involved with MC5. If y'all will have us on board again, please let me know.

In case y'all aren't aware, I actually hosted the original Minimalist Challenge event here in Texas several years ago (Minimalist Challenge was even the name I came up with), so I fully endorse and love the concept of this tournament.

To the powers that be, if you'd like TTF to be involved again, we'd be on board!

Razoryak
02-02-2011, 01:22 PM
We would absolutely loved to be involved with MC5. If y'all will have us on board again, please let me know.

In case y'all aren't aware, I actually hosted the original Minimalist Challenge event here in Texas several years ago (Minimalist Challenge was even the name I came up with), so I fully endorse and love the concept of this tournament.

To the powers that be, if you'd like TTF to be involved again, we'd be on board!

:buttrock::buttrock:

Mung
02-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Looking at where this event is going, I think we need to rename it.

It's not very Minimalist anymore, with a cork, 5 nice jigheads and top-notch baits from TTF. The point was to make it a challenge, requiring much skill. Just call it the Sulphur Mine Classic, or stick with the format of topwater plus 3-4 jigheads and some REALLY UGLY bodies.

theoldcaster
02-02-2011, 01:36 PM
I thought just being in the Sulfur Mine in January was quite a challenge!

Speckled_Tiger
02-02-2011, 01:40 PM
january + sulphur mine + kayak + only 5 baits = minimalist

Glwlsu
02-02-2011, 01:43 PM
ST I'm with you... not sure what exactly would be minimalist. Hope bout we fish with large diaper pens next year !!!!! Sure that Swamppro has a few extra laying around....!!!!

all_in
02-02-2011, 02:18 PM
january + sulphur mine + kayak + only 5 baits = minimalist

+1 -

I really enjoyed seeing huge stringers of fish caught this year, but let's remember even with the TTF baits (which totally rocked), only one fisherman limmited out on trout, and not everyone caught fish.

Isn't it hard enough with only 5 baits? Why do they have to be ugly baits? Hard is one thing, but neigh impossible is not fun. I think tourneys where everyone catches fish are better than ones where only one or two guys catch something and everyone else gets skunked.

Choupique
02-02-2011, 02:30 PM

Yep, I totally stole that from Jason! It was too good an idea not to use here.

I like the idea of using terrible colors so that it makes people fish out of there comfort zone. Plus only 3 jig heads where one is too light and one is too heavy!

theoldcaster
02-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Once again I do not fish the series so I want what will be best for the overall series, but I also know that in most years the mine is going to be cold and windy. Making it to hard to catch fish will eliminate people like me from fishing the MC, much like the night time start at the trout challenge does. Just something to consider when you are trying to increase attendance

Where Y'ak?
02-02-2011, 04:14 PM
I have no problem with the 5 heads, 5 tails and 1 cork format.

It's minimalist in that you have only those 5 baits to choose from. Most people head out with a tackle box full of choices and cringe at the fact of having only 5 baits.

Perhaps with earlier contact of some sponsors, we could obtain all the necessary heads, tails and corks so that each lure bag will be exactly identical.

Put a limit on the entries like this year, start early hustling the tackle (TTF already committed--Thanks so much!) and then send everyone off that morning with the same tackle and ban all coloring, scenting, etc.

The baits you are given plus leader material. That's it. That's Minimalist. That's my two cents.

downoffthemountain
02-02-2011, 04:39 PM
+ 1 on Where Y'ak 's summary.

revredfish
02-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Conversations have begun and planning for the best minimalist challenge ever will commence.:buttrock:

Reel Rebel
02-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Ponder this: Would TTF/Marsh Works prefer 60 participants fishing their product in MC5, or would they be more impressed with 61+ using their great tackle? Just askin' :shocked:

I say add $5 to the entry fee and buy tackle for all entrants, to match what is donated. This will eliminate limiting the field...not sure why you would ever turn away a participant??? I'm sure TTF/Marsh Works would send enough tackle to cover us on the front end.

Another option would be to buy tackle for all entrants and turn the TTF/Marsh Works donations into TTF/Marsh Works product for MC5 prizes.

I also think it would be wise to expand the fishing/launching options to other areas.

Mung
02-02-2011, 05:42 PM
I like the idea of using terrible colors so that it makes people fish out of there comfort zone. Plus only 3 jig heads where one is too light and one is too heavy!

+1

theoldcaster
02-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Just so we or clear here I do not want to leave my comfort zone, and do not want to use odd color baits, but no big deal, I don't want to fish at midnight either. Which is more fun, see a lot of large stringers coming in or see a few people catch a few fish and everyone else just freezing there buttttts off in the cold! You guys remember the reason that you fish IFA is to prove how good you are, the rest of us have limited amount of days to fish and would like maximum enjoyment from them.

Cobia 1
02-02-2011, 06:45 PM
keep TTF/marshworks! Need to make sure to keep the kayak launch/landing area free.... myself and 2 other yaks had to use the boat launch to get our boats out of the water as the yak launch was flooded. Granted, we were late as heck, probably 1:30ish just an observation.... once the tourney's over, get your boat up and out for everyone else coming in late! Drink beer and BS by the launch so help can be provided to the guys coming in late.... doesn't take much effort by the guys on dry land and is sure a big help to the latecomers! That way more of us are "put away" faster and we can all get on to enjoying the landlubber festivities!

This will be addressed and corrected for next year. For those johnny come home lately guys, you'll better be careful! Just saying.

yak-aholic
02-02-2011, 07:45 PM
I like the concept of the Minimalist Challenge taking the anglers out of their comfort zone. 5 plastics, 3 jigheads, and 1 cork (Bomber makes a killer one in the Paradise Popper) would be perfectly fine with me. Maybe even get Suffix in on it to provide everyone with a 25 yard spool of fluorocarbon leader material. With 5 plastics each, the entry number could easily be doubled to 120 with the same number of plastics that were given out at MC4.

The way I understand the Angler of the Year series is that there are 5 tournaments in 5 different areas with 5 different formats. In order to place high in the AOY standings, you have to be able to adapt to and be sucessful in these differing conditions. That, to me is a "test" of a true AOY.

theoldcaster
02-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Thanks for enticing me to think about this and explain myself clearly! In a post early in this discussion I stated that I had no intention of fishing the series and that the MC would be the only series event that I would fish. I enjoy the challenge of fishing in the advise weather conditions that January can and will produce. I did fish MC this year and made a point to fish away from the group that wanted to compete, so I did not mix with the group that was sitting on the trout.
I am still new to the club and kayak fishing but I would think that at the conception of the series that truly competitive events like IFA and Kayak wars and other events were not as readily available for those of us with competitive souls. That being said I would think that our goal would now be to design all our events in a way that they would appeal both to the weekend fisherman and the group that feel the need to excel, certainly there is a common ground here that we all walk! I make an effort to understand others desire to prove their skills, I just hope that there will always be room for those of us that take our fishing a little less serious. Once again it is not my place to try to steer a series that I will not compete in, just voicing my opinion. The only thing that could make me take fishing serious is the thought of having to wear a pair of those ugly plaid shorts!

Hobie1Kenobie
02-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Don't worry about it TOC. I went and got a pair of plaid shorts so that you won't be alone. Solidarity my brother...solidarity.

theoldcaster
02-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks buddy, but I just don't think the youngen has it in him to beat the old man!:smilegrin:

revredfish
02-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Based on the obvious success of this year's event I am fairly certain the Tournament Committee will be working with the existing format. Tweaks will be minor and dicsussions with TTF will be ongoing.

I can tell you these things:
- I will work hard to eliminate the participation limit.
- I will work hard to find a way to avoid raising the cost.
- I will work to ensure it remains "minimalistic"

Every single issue with this year's event has been disected and the solutions are already in place, weigh in, launch issues, etc - solved. We'll announce them in time for next year.

Whether you fish this tournament singly or as part of the series you will continue to have fun. Each minor tourney is intended to be fun individually but each tourney is designed additionally to participate in an intentional multi-event, multi venu, multi style, multi species series.

theoldcaster
02-02-2011, 08:44 PM
FT

None of my post tonight have been directed toward you, just an expression of my opinion, just don't see how using a cork makes me a better are worst fisherman, it is just a preferred method. We could all bottom fish and the person who prefers to bottom fish would probably be better at it than the ones of us prefer to cork fish! Most of the big trout that I have seen caught have come from fishing live pogies in the gulf, are those fishermen less talented for using live bait , I would argue not, because it takes a certain talent to fish live pogies against the rocks, just like some people can master cork fishing and some jig head fishing.
I think everyone here knows how I feel about the club and how much I enjoy my visits with everyone, and anytime I offer my opinion it is to try to improve something, often my opinion will be right and sometimes it will be wrong, that is why everyone has to ability to offer suggestions. It is no secret that when we are young, we want to prove that we are as good are better than the next guy, but as we age it is often challenge enough just to get out of bed in the mornings.

pistol
02-02-2011, 09:53 PM
I am new to the club so I understand there may be a few things that have been rehased to death but in my opinion the points system seems a little top heavy. Why is the person that came in eleventh only 7 points ahead of the guy that came in last. Am I reading that right? Because if so there are only 10 people fishing to win the whole series.

Musicdoc
02-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Thanks for enticing me to think about this and explain myself clearly! In a post early in this discussion I stated that I had no intention of fishing the series and that the MC would be the only series event that I would fish. I enjoy the challenge of fishing in the advise weather conditions that January can and will produce. I did fish MC this year and made a point to fish away from the group that wanted to compete, so I did not mix with the group that was sitting on the trout.
I am still new to the club and kayak fishing but I would think that at the conception of the series that truly competitive events like IFA and Kayak wars and other events were not as readily available for those of us with competitive souls. That being said I would think that our goal would now be to design all our events in a way that they would appeal both to the weekend fisherman and the group that feel the need to excel, certainly there is a common ground here that we all walk! I make an effort to understand others desire to prove their skills, I just hope that there will always be room for those of us that take our fishing a little less serious. Once again it is not my place to try to steer a series that I will not compete in, just voicing my opinion. The only thing that could make me take fishing serious is the thought of having to wear a pair of those ugly plaid shorts!

TOC, definitely words of wisdom here. I think that's why I enjoy the Outcasts tournaments so much. You know, when it's all said and done, it's all about having fun and being with others who enjoy fishing as much as I do...and I do enjoy fishing...a lot!! So cool to share this passion with others who have the same passion for fishing.

theoldcaster
02-02-2011, 10:08 PM
My name and wisdom are seldom used in the same sentence!

I have found a solution to all our tournament problems and questions, we will just ask my wife, SHE KNOWS EVERYTHING! :hide:

all_in
02-03-2011, 07:46 AM
I am new to the club so I understand there may be a few things that have been rehased to death but in my opinion the points system seems a little top heavy. Why is the person that came in eleventh only 7 points ahead of the guy that came in last. Am I reading that right? Because if so there are only 10 people fishing to win the whole series.

1) We are also always willing to consider changes to the point system - but any change will be looked at carefully so we don't muck things up.

2) There probably isn't a perfect system anywhere in the world.

3) A lot of thought went into the point system we have now, and we think it is fair. We (Gairi did most of the work) ran through several (more than a dozen) different points schemes - including the ones from the IFA, the professional bass fishing world and other clubs. We used the results from past years and looked at how the different points systems would have efffected the rankings. Our goal was to have a system that rewards consistent performance and I think we have that. Like FT said, you cannot win AOY just because you place in the top 10 in one tourney - you gotta place really highly in several tourneys to have a shot.

I gotta say (again) that the AOY tourneys have there critics, even among the officers (why Glwlsu keeps saying "AOY is a joke" is beyond me and a major source of consternation); but I think they are awesome. They have forced me to fish in different places and using different techniques that I would otherwise and I have become a better fisherman because of it.

Our goal is to have 5 turneys that are each fun on there own. Judging by what I have heard, MC was all of that and a bag of lures. Redfish rumble is usually a hoot and a lot of big fish get caught. PAC attack was not just a tourney, it was an event last year (thanks to Buddaman and the the folks at the marina). etc. etc. And remember, each tourney has its own prize money, and as they get bigger, the prize money gets serious. So please give the tourneys a try. If you are into it, fish all 5 and go for AOY. You'll become a better fisherman as a result and you'll be helping the club grow.

Choupique
02-03-2011, 08:29 AM
This is going off in many different directions it seems... IMO the series to crown AOY should test anglers at every time, of year on various species, at different times of day (night) to come up with a well rounded showing across the board.

I wouldn't mind expanding the launch options either.
As we grow i see this being the biggest problem at MC... It may eventually have go to a: pick up your bag at location A in the morning if we get into crowds of 80-100

theoldcaster
02-03-2011, 08:41 AM
As my friend FT said the other day, we have beat this horse to death, let talk PP8.

Glwlsu
02-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Can we get your wifey's opinion on MC and the AOY series. Think it would be interesting......just saying !!!! Then again may have so many censored words that it wouldn't make much sense.

theoldcaster
02-03-2011, 10:04 AM
I will give her your e-mail address and let her share her thoughts with you, let me know how that works out!

revredfish
02-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Hey everyone there is a horse over here!

theoldcaster
02-03-2011, 10:50 AM
I have heard you referred to as part of a horse for sure! :hide:

revredfish
02-03-2011, 11:14 AM
New guy! Welcome, you are right the scoring system has literally been beat over pretty hard (and I don't have time to reply fully right now) so I will only say this.
-The point system rewards winning.
-It then also awards some points for participating, finishing, and catching fish.
-It balances a need for competitiveness and fun for all.

I only fished four events last year, placed in three, finished in 2nd place AOY. I didn't have to fish every event to be competitive but I did place top 5 in three events. That seems like a good balance (Choupique still demolished me and everyone else) and shows that anyone can participate in the series or the individual events and have a good time. The final 4 possitions were all determined on the final day and made for a great event.

There are many needs being balanced in the system. Just like we can spend hours debating who is better, Rothlisberger, Brady, Manning, or Brees we can spend hours debating the point system. Our tournament committee voted to use this model for another year and then access they system.

revredfish
02-03-2011, 11:15 AM
I hope that horse is dead enough for everyone:hide:

Glwlsu
02-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Quas........can we lock this thread .

swamppro
02-03-2011, 01:21 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b314/tmcatee/Horses_ass_1.jpg

theoldcaster
02-03-2011, 01:32 PM
man we all need to go fishing, this forum is getting ruff!

Cobia 1
02-03-2011, 01:36 PM
Swampro,
Thanks for changing from the tournament stuff to the Fair Grounds. This just verifies that grey horses finish in front of the others!

tugowar
02-03-2011, 01:58 PM
man we all need to go fishing, this forum is getting ruff!

Though new here, I'm aware it's not always wise to step into the fray.
But, having read through all 9 pages of this thread, I'd like to add one thought:
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r102/takravd/beating-a-dead-horse.gif

theoldcaster
02-03-2011, 02:06 PM
your new, but it looks like you may fit in! :lol:

Where Y'ak?
02-03-2011, 03:11 PM
tugowar--

You beat me to posting that pic by about 10 seconds. Great minds think alike. Welcome!

Cobia 1
02-03-2011, 03:15 PM
yeah tugowar, sort of looks like the usual approach to some things by some of the members.
good post!

revredfish
02-03-2011, 05:19 PM
I think he's doing CPR on the horse. Come on it's -- not -- dead -- yet...