PDA

View Full Version : Official PaddlePalooza 8 - March 26th - BobbyLynn's Marina - Leeville, LA

revredfish
01-18-2011, 04:18 PM
PaddlePalooza 8 – March 26th BobbyLynn’s Marina Leeville, La

Under Construction - post still needs links be patient

We know you all can’t wait for PaddlePalooza 8 and neither can we. :buttrock:

As soon as Quas can get the PayPal page up you can register.

You must register by March 19th.

You must be 18 or older to register or be accompanied by a parent or a legal guardian.

ENTRY FEES: $40 per person for the first 2 members of your immediate family. Each additional dependent can register for the discounted rate of $20 per person.

LEGAL FISHING TIME / BOUNDRIES: 5:00am - 4:00pm weigh-in /
All fish must be caught in accordance with LA state law, (except for flounder we restrict the size to a 12" minimum) and the following tournament rules. Any waters south of the town of Cut Off in either Jefferson Parish or Lafourche Parish are eligible. (legal fishing time and weigh-in local subject to change)

WEIGH IN: The weigh in station will be operational starting at 3:00pm, and will run till all fishermen SIGNED IN by the 4:00pm deadline have been processed.

CATAGORIES:
CAJUN SLAM Stringer: The contestant who weighs in the heaviest stinger will win.
Five places will be awarded with cash/prizes.

Eligible fish for CAJUN SLAM STRINGER: A total of 3 fish can be weighed for the Cajun Slam stringer, however the redfish may not exceed 27”. A bonus pound of weight is added to those contestants who can pull complete slam of all three species (redfish, flounder, specked trout) as to add to the incentive of turning in a full stringer. 1st - 5th places will be awarded.
(Remember flounder have to be 12" or longer)

Single Fish Awards: 1st - 5th placed awarded

Mule Trout: heaviest speckled trout over 12" wins.
Slot Redfish: heaviest slot length redfish wins (16"-27").
Saddle Flounder: heaviest flounder over 12" wins.
Leopard Red: redfish with the most spots wins (>16").

(Other categories TBA – pending board meeting)

PAYOUT: 50% of total entries fees ($20 per person) will be paid out. The
other 50% of the entry fee pays for the shirts, food, and other expenditures.

Cajun Slam Payout: combination of prizes and cash payouts TBD

Leopard Red: (brand new Kayak presented by BackPacker)
Mule Trout Payout: (first prize pick)
Slot Red Payout: (second prize pick)
Saddle Flounder: (third prize pick)
(other categories TBA)

Prizes will rotate till all are gone; if there are remaining prizes they will be raffled off.

LEGAL TACKLE / BAIT: Any hook and line combination of artificial tackle, flys,
live and or dead bait is allowed.

revredfish
01-18-2011, 04:24 PM
This is the granddaddy of them all - clear your schedule, make your plans, wine and dine your wife starting now! You do not want to miss this event. With 2 yaks, 12 rod n reel combos and thousands of dollars of cash this is the day you've been looking forward to. Half the folks who participate will win something, you will get a classic T-shirt, you will get an awesome captain's bag, and other free stuff. Can't wait.

Hobie1Kenobie
01-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Schedule is cleared...kitchen pass secured...chomping at the bit.
Can't wait to get my.................captain's bag. lol

swamppro
01-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Yeaaaahhhhh buddy!!! I will be there. Baby not being delivered to June 30th so lets fish!!!!!

theoldcaster
01-18-2011, 05:00 PM
nice to be back to Bobby Lynn's he pulled us out of the fire last year!

ijuswannafish
01-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Definitely going to make it.

Racechaser
01-18-2011, 05:33 PM
So is there a late fee after March 11 or is registration completely closed?

revredfish
01-18-2011, 05:43 PM
closed means closed. Thanks for notes about errors - this is a direct adaptation from last year's it is under contruction.

Bill

ijuswannafish
01-18-2011, 05:44 PM
No problem Rev.

Racechaser
01-18-2011, 06:23 PM
closed means closed. Thanks for notes about errors - this is a direct adaptation from last year's it is under contruction.

Bill

What was the reason this change was needed this year?

revredfish
01-18-2011, 06:28 PM
This was announced and explained at the club meeting and on the forum. We need time to order shirts and it creates extra problems for our volunteers. You will not find many tournies without a deadline.

Racechaser
01-18-2011, 06:39 PM
This was announced and explained at the club meeting and on the forum. We need time to order shirts and it creates extra problems for our volunteers. You will not find many tournies without a deadline.

I had something to do with my son that night and couldn't come. I thought in past you just didn't get a shirt the right size. It doesn't affect me this year as I took the whole weekeend off. But there are many times I won't know if I can make it to a function until the week of the event. I know the lionshare of people will register far in advance, so I just am trying to understand how an additional 10 people or less registering late will cause problems.

Not trying to be difficult, and if you can link to the post where it was explained I will read why myself.

Catch-All
01-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Golly gosh heck jeebus dang geewillickers darn it,

can we have a prize & cash payout for Best Aquatic Team entry?

That's just the way I roll.......

Catch

revredfish
01-18-2011, 07:26 PM
It doesn't affect me this year .

some sage advice I offer regularly - there is plenty of time to panic later.;)

Where Y'ak?
01-18-2011, 07:27 PM
My quick two cents:
I've been involved in running rodeos for decades both large and small.
I support deadlines. Coming from the legal world and the writers world, I deal with absolute deadlines everyday.
Rodeos are weather dependant. With no cutoff, an unfavorable forecast close to the event can severely affect registration.
I understand some folks can't be sure until the last minute. Register before the deadline and you will almost certainly be able to "transfer" your entry if you can't make it.
The deadline helps planning. Rodeo organizers work hard and are volunteers- this makes things easier on them.
The rodeo and the deadline must be clearly publicized.
I support a registration cutoff.

tefishmaster
01-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Scott, At the meeting we explained that in an effort to be able give timly updates on the leader board and have the members be better informed as what to enter their fish, we needed to have time for our Vol.to have time to build a spread sheet to put on the computer. We had one built and tested until last minuite changes derailed the program. We had it tested and it worked fine until we had a bunch of late entries. Some as late as 9pm on Friday night. In an effort to make the event run smooth we need to have a cut off time. This is not to say that if your a late entry that you can't still come and enjoy the event, you just will not be able to win prizes. I think this is a resonable request as everyone will have 3 months notice. This is a growing pain, and IMO a good problem to have. We will see how it works and then adjust if needed.

Racechaser
01-18-2011, 07:33 PM
I thought we weren't transferring registrations in the club anymore. If you can't make it you lose your entry now.

tefishmaster
01-18-2011, 07:35 PM
I thought we weren't transferring registrations in the club anymore. If you can't make it you lose your entry now.

That is correct

MDR
01-18-2011, 07:39 PM
I had something to do with my son that night and couldn't come. I thought in past you just didn't get a shirt the right size. It doesn't affect me this year as I took the whole weekeend off. But there are many times I won't know if I can make it to a function until the week of the event. I know the lionshare of people will register far in advance, so I just am trying to understand how an additional 10 people or less registering late will cause problems.

Not trying to be difficult, and if you can link to the post where it was explained I will read why myself.

I'll have to look to see if it was better explained in a post following the Dec meeting. I can't honestly recall that it was. Perhaps it should have been and one of the TDs or other officers can chime in. In essence the decision to make a cut off date was to help the tourney run more smoothly. You may recall the problem we had with the display of the weigh in at FNT. It was determined that it was the late addition of entrants that caused the program to not operate as intended. Also caused a lot of work for some of the guys who could not have been able to enjoy themselves as they should have.

Bill can clarify, but we did talk about, and I thought agreed, that last minute folks were welcome to fish, but would not receive a shirt, capt's bag, or be eligible to win any prizes.

I hope this helped answer some of the questions.

lol obviously TDE types faster than I do. Sorry for the duplicate explanations.

revredfish
01-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Good news bad news:

bad news first there is still a deadline - good news it will be one week. I will be posting an official whining section in the memers only section. I would ask you all to try and use it or this wonderful pm system we have so we can work out kinks "in family".

swamppro
01-18-2011, 07:40 PM
I support the cutoff as well. I would like to see a check in/weigh in system implemented this go around.

Racechaser
01-18-2011, 07:41 PM
I understood the spreadsheet issue last year. But we couldn't build in 25-30 entries in the spread sheet named "late entrant #1" and so on. If someone registers late this will be there designated name on the spreadsheet. Others won't know who they are but they will be able to see their weights. You wouldn't have to make any changes on tested spread sheet.

I agree that this a good problem to have but o think there are easy solutions if some thought is put into it.

tefishmaster
01-18-2011, 07:43 PM
I'll have to look to see if it was better explained in a post following the Dec meeting. I can't honestly recall that it was. Perhaps it should have been and one of the TDs or other officers can chime in. In essence the decision to make a cut off date was to help the tourney run more smoothly. You may recall the problem we had with the display of the weigh in at FNT. It was determined that it was the late addition of entrants that caused the program to not operate as intended. Also caused a lot of work for some of the guys who could not have been able to enjoy themselves as they should have.

Bill can clarify, but we did talk about, and I thought agreed, that last minute folks were welcome to fish, but would not receive a shirt, capt's bag, or be eligible to win any prizes.

I hope this helped answer some of the questions.

Late entries can still pay the $20 instead of $40 and get a shirt and eat. Shirt sizes will be what we have left from our order so you might get the correct size. We always order some extras.

Racechaser
01-18-2011, 07:46 PM
I can gladly PM. I didn't think it was whining or being unruly. I will watch what I say from now on.

MDR
01-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Race, no worries from me on your question. It was valid and I did not detect any whining or any problem with it. Unfortunately the written word sometimes fails to convey the emotion intended by the writer. Unless of course you write something like, Gee Tommy thank you for correcting me and making me look ike a twit! LOL Perhaps sarcasm could be detected there. And in all seriousness I am glad TDE corrected me of course.

Racechaser
01-18-2011, 07:53 PM
TEFishmaster= Tommy
TDE= Jon Diechart (no longer with us)

brian22
01-18-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm so in....

tefishmaster
01-18-2011, 07:58 PM
I support the cutoff as well. I would like to see a check in/weigh in system implemented this go around.

The Check in/ weigh in system is also comming also. We are trying to get this right and that may take adjustments and changes.

theoldcaster
01-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Could someone please send me a map showing where Leeville is, I would like to try to pre-fish once before PP8

swamppro
01-18-2011, 08:06 PM
The Check in/ weigh in system is also comming also. We are trying to get this right and that may take adjustments and changes.

About darn time because I am getting sick and tired of your excuses! hahahaahah
No worries. I am willing to lend a hand cleaning fish or something after the weighin as usual.
Thanks guys for the hard work!!!

brian22
01-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Could someone please send me a map showing where Leeville is, I would like to try to pre-fish once before PP8

Looks to be about 10-15 minutes south of Golden Meadow on HWY1, never been there but doesn't look too missable. If you need a prefish bud, let me know, but only if you bring that coffee thermos again!

MDR
01-18-2011, 08:12 PM
TEFishmaster= Tommy
TDE= Jon Diechart (no longer with us)

GRR Yet another mistake. I need to either watch tv or read this stuff, not do both. Thanks for the correction.

tefishmaster
01-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Looks to be about 10-15 minutes south of Golden Meadow on HWY1, never been there but doesn't look too missable. If you need a prefish bud, let me know, but only if you bring that coffee thermos again!

Brian 22 I think your being "messed with", TOC knows every inch of that place.... he's been fishing it since the water got there. and that's a long time..... they don't call him the OLD caster by chance.

revredfish
01-18-2011, 08:16 PM
I support the cutoff as well. I would like to see a check in/weigh in system implemented this go around.in the works

theoldcaster
01-18-2011, 08:20 PM
That's OK Brain, we may not have caught many fish, but we had coffee and donuts

brian22
01-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Brian 22 I think your being "messed with", TOC knows every inch of that place.... he's been fishing it since the water got there. and that's a long time..... they don't call him the OLD caster by chance.

Yeah I see that now TEF, looking forward to putting together a prefish w/ TOC... the coffee on the water is worth the trip alone!

Hobie1Kenobie
01-18-2011, 08:52 PM
Yet another event I can't prefish...darn it! The bad part is I am always driving thru Leeville. It's all good though. Wouldn't miss it either way.

Reel Rebel
01-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Yet another event I can't prefish...darn it! The bad part is I am always driving thru Leeville.
H1K, ever thought about trolling from the truck, on the bridge? :fing20:

Hobie1Kenobie
01-18-2011, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=Yet another event I can't prefish...darn it! The bad part is I am always driving thru Leeville.QUOTE]
H1K, ever thought about trolling from the truck on the bridge? :fing20:

Haha...no. I have contemplated an aerial launch from the bridge though. Hold my beer, watch this!

Cobia 1
01-19-2011, 05:40 AM
You have to love the members of clubs that rebel to any type of change. A simple thing like registration cutoff dates get so much discussion going. If your schedule and commitments in your life are such that you can't pre=register prior to the event, then don't try to make life difficult for those who voluteer their time for our events. Respect the volunteers and club officers that try to organize, run, and pull off a class event like PP.
From what I see it is a limited number of people that have the problem with pre-registration for the tournaments. Do these people have a problem with April 15, Christmas, Easter, mardi Gras-these dates are set and in order to attend you have to plan.
On the other hand if your life does not allow you to plan in advance for things, then you must gamble and see what happens if you think there is a chance of making the event.
I am aware of the problem, I spent 40 years in the oilfield both domestic and international and your life is not your own, but if you want to have a hobby you have to chance the registration, that's life!

swampmonkey
01-19-2011, 06:49 AM
, I spent 40 years in the oilfield both domestic and international and your life is not your own

What field? I used to be a Nitrogen tech. Loved it ,,,just hated the "not having a life thing" ,,,,, 40 yrs Company Man?

Catch-All
01-19-2011, 11:43 AM
With 2 yaks, 12 rod n reel combos and thousands of dollars of cash this is the day you've been looking forward to.

?Dos yakkos? Solamente uno yakko listed, Senor. What brand & model kayaks have been generously donated as prizes?

Catch

Nobody
01-19-2011, 01:05 PM

Go south on Hwy 1.

If you get on the Toll Bridge...you went too far!!!

revredfish
01-19-2011, 01:23 PM
?Dos yakkos? Solamente uno yakko listed, Senor. What brand & model kayaks have been generously donated as prizes?

Catch
Yo no Hoblo....

2nd yak will be brought by Backpacker - exact brand yet to be determined. I'm actually hoping for more but we haven't confirmed any others - YET>

revredfish
01-19-2011, 01:34 PM
lightbulb

teknickcull
01-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Chase that bulb!!!

+1

Speckled_Tiger
01-19-2011, 02:00 PM
Chase that bulb!!!

:buttrock:

Hobie1Kenobie
01-19-2011, 03:12 PM
, I spent 40 years in the oilfield both domestic and international and your life is not your own

What field? I used to be a Nitrogen tech. Loved it ,,,just hated the "not having a life thing" ,,,,, 40 yrs Company Man?

I work in the oilfield and feel like I do have a life. Our jobs must be different...I work less than a school teacher.

Choupique
01-19-2011, 03:29 PM
8:30 - 5:30 every day.

Cobia 1
01-19-2011, 05:56 PM
I work in the oilfield and feel like I do have a life. Our jobs must be different...I work less than a school teacher.nderstraffe

Managed service hands, no 7&7. Life was good when you had the time to enjoy. Intrernational was a piece of cake with all the benefits. You are lucky to have a good schedule. I guess it's due to the change in the industry's mindset.

swampmonkey
01-19-2011, 06:36 PM
I work in the oilfield and feel like I do have a life. Our jobs must be different...I work less than a school teacher.

I was on call 24/7 we serviced rigs,plants,pipelines, and the occasional ship or barge. So my life was nitrogen but it was the easiest job I ever had 30 min rigup then kick back and watch gages

Hobie1Kenobie
01-19-2011, 06:45 PM
28 & 28

I still feel like I am away from home a lot but when I am home I have time to honestly unwind. Of course there are those instances where I am asked to stay a week longer at work here and there but pretty much I get off when I should. It helps to have four weeks off for those 'big' projects on mama's honey do list or if we are going to cross the Mason Dixon line to visit her family. It's like a vacation really. The best thing is the most obvious, every other month there's four weeks of fishing and I don't have to wait until the weekend!

brian22
01-20-2011, 07:20 AM
I miss 28/28.... if anyone knows of anyone needing an Electronics Tech/super/IT guy, let me know!

brian22
01-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Sails/trolling motors?

Razoryak
01-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Sails/trolling motors?

No, not for any "official" club tournaments. Outcast tournaments would be a yes.

Razoryak
01-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Sails/trolling motors?

By the way, would love to see how your sail works on the PA. Bring it to an outcast event.

bigredbobber
01-20-2011, 11:05 AM
brian22,

not for this bad boy event. Only paddle or peddle power. Sails and trolling motors are OK in the OutCast Events, only.

brian22
01-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Figured not but had to throw it out there; I didn't know where PP fell in between "official" events and "outcast" events.

Razor, I'd love to see how it works too - my son and I finished the prototype and brought it to the mine the weekend I met you before MC4 for prefishing and a maiden voyage. Wouldn't you believe it was the first time I fished and there was NO WIND ALL DAY LONG????? Sure was a nice day though. Couldn't bring myself to pay $350 for the sail kit, so I built one much cheaper with significantly more surface area than the one Hobie sells. Will try it this weekend when I fish the 210 launch, will take video/pics and if I make it to OutCast(should) I'll definitely have it there. I took my son sailing when he was 3 and he still talks about it, so this will be exciting for both of us.

Hobie1Kenobie
01-20-2011, 12:27 PM
I miss 28/28.... if anyone knows of anyone needing an Electronics Tech/super/IT guy, let me know!

Brian,
Have you looked into any ROV companies? My ROV guys work a 28 and 14.

brian22
01-20-2011, 12:54 PM
Sent you a pm to unthread-jack.

brian22
01-22-2011, 11:54 PM
By the way, would love to see how your sail works on the PA. Bring it to an outcast event.

http://www.bckfc.org/showthread.php?3197-Sailing-the-PA