PDA

View Full Version : MC4 Weather

Where Y'ak?
01-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Here's three forecast for Saturday from three different sites. Temps look more reasonable and wind much better. I hope this trend holds. I still probably won't catch any fish, but at least I'll be more comfortable doing it!

Weather Underground:
40 L 58 H
Wind 4-6 mph Northeast
0% chance of rain
Partly Cloudy

Weather Channel:
44 L 58 H
Wind 5 mph East
0% chance of rain
Partly Cloudy

Accu Weather:
39 L 55 H
Wind 7 mph East/Southeast
0% chance of rain
Sunny

Glwlsu
01-11-2011, 02:07 PM
ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!

bigredbobber
01-11-2011, 03:10 PM
hey, I've only been around for a year and a half and I know better, man. Que Sera!

Where Y'ak?
01-11-2011, 03:22 PM
I don't buy all that superstition cr@p. I know the forecast will either change ten times between now and then or will be totally wrong. You won't know until you go!

Choupique
01-11-2011, 03:24 PM
WOW, thats pretty awesome

revredfish
01-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Wind won't be that calm gusts are forecast around 12mph - experience tells me count on the "gusts" as being the actual sustained winds. That, however, is bearable.

I won't say where or when but someone caught a double limit in the Mine - today. Well at least I didn't say it was All_in.

all_in
01-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Here are a couple of pics from todays trip. I will probably not catch another trout this year.

http://www.bckfc.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=3466
http://www.bckfc.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=3465

It was a bit cold and very windy, but I found a couple of fish. Didn't keep any of the reds - they were too big.

teknickcull
01-11-2011, 04:31 PM
awesome.

Reel Rebel
01-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Dang it...

brian22
01-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Eggsellent... the gps transmitter I stuck on all_in's yak is downloading now.....

theoldcaster
01-11-2011, 05:36 PM
my hero, I may stay home Saturday, I can not compete with that!

Crow
01-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Maybe we can attach sea anchors onto Rev's and All_in's yaks at the launch. It will be dark enough so they won't notice and then it will take them much longer to get to their fishing holes and it might even make em late for weigh in, just a thought to give the rest of us a chance.

revredfish
01-11-2011, 06:44 PM
We're trying to encourage you not discourage you - come on it's going to be a great tournament!!!!

swamppro
01-11-2011, 06:49 PM
The mine is not that big. Just follow the amarda and you're sure to get in fish.

swamppro

theoldcaster
01-11-2011, 07:36 PM
last year MC was the first time I put a yak in the water and my goal was not to go swimming, this year my goal is to catch a fish, I try not to set my sights to high, but some days I have trouble just catching one.

elementfiftyfour
01-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Holy poopin crapin.......those are some huge trout. :eek:

all_in
01-12-2011, 05:57 AM
I really almost didn't get out of bed yesterday - it was so cold outside and so toasty under the covers. Plus my trailer is out of commission for a while and I hate putting the kayak on the roof of my Seinna. Glad I went. 2 things were special about yesterday: 1) I didn't see another boat out there (except for a group of duck hinters who were just passing through). and 2) everything I tried worked - that almost never happens. I love SE LA in the wintertime! We should have a great tourney Saturday. ZDress warm and bring you BIG coolerbad.

D

Cobia 1
01-12-2011, 07:34 AM
how do you catch double limits? it is tough to compete against the locals with both local knowledge and different rules.
remember fishing is supposed to be fun, even if it is cold, hot, or natty, it's all fun!
See you'll Saturday!

all_in
01-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Yeah, rev meant trout and redfish.

MDR
01-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Now I can't do it due to my hearing problems, but for others just try to get close to Rev nad All In. You will begin to notice that they are calling some of these fish by name. You see they fish down there so often they are on a first name basis with many of those fish.

Cobia 1
01-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Now I can't do it due to my hearing problems, but for others just try to get close to Rev nad All In. You will begin to notice that they are calling some of these fish by name. You see they fish down there so often they are on a first name basis with many of those fish.

It is either they know the fish by name or are real close to someone who does know the fish. I think that Rev may have to leave his special powers at the dock, after all I'm sure the Lord likes him a whole lot better than some of us.
Rev, let you advantage stop with a blessing of the fleet Saturday morning for all of us who need the special help and guidance.

yak-aholic
01-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Just curious... not asking specifics, but a couple weeks ago the trout were being caught under a cork. That won't do any good for MC4 since we can't bring one. Are they still hitting under a cork, or were other means productive?

Like I said, I'm not asking exactly what was productive. Just asking if fish have been being caught without a cork.

all_in
01-13-2011, 05:07 AM
All of the fish were caught the way I plan to fish on Saturday. I didn't bring a cork with me - I wanted to practice for the tourney.

theoldcaster
01-13-2011, 06:37 AM
I think I will shop for a ice auger today !

Razoryak
01-13-2011, 06:42 AM
I think I will shop for a ice auger today !

The Pro Angler is big enough that I will be the one with a generator on the back for my heater and coffee pot!

Crow
01-13-2011, 06:50 AM
If someone wanted to make a ton of money on Saturday they could just load up a bay boat with a couple large pots of hot gumbo and a few gallons of hot coffee and make a killing selling it to all the yakers out at the mine.

ijuswannafish
01-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Not a bad idea Crow.

Yankee Yakker
01-13-2011, 08:55 AM
Razoryak...coffee pot? I'm sticking with you.

bigredbobber
01-13-2011, 11:20 AM
I was thinking the other day how it would be nice to have a stinkpot with us at the Sulphur Mine for back-up and emergencies for our tournament.

If anybody got hurt or drenched or flipped, they could be rescued/helped immediately with the push of a throttle.

I thought last year during the cold, if I had a motorboat, I wouldn't mind sitting out the tourney and fish around everybody and just be there for back-up and to have company fishing.

Anybody not in the MC4 with a small stinkpot interested in being an Emergency Rescue Boat?

Couldn't hurt. Plus you could sell coffee and gumbo like everyone else suggested. You could make a small fortune.

Glwlsu
01-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Pretty sure we do not need any more stink pots on the water Sat !!!! Unless they would be loaded down with the "twins" and many of their Hooter Chick Friends.....just saying.

bigredbobber
01-13-2011, 11:34 AM
One on our Side couldn't hurt. Just sayin'.

brian22
01-13-2011, 11:41 AM
With complimentary ferry service between the mine and marina too! I can see it now, one stinkpot pulling 60+ yaks daisy chain style out to the mine!

bigredbobber
01-13-2011, 12:06 PM
I like your thinking, Brian22.

pedalmedic
01-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Pretty sure we do not need any more stink pots on the water Sat !!!! Unless they would be loaded down with the "twins" and many of their Hooter Chick Friends.....just saying.

Twins have a previous engagement with me and the soccer field.

Glwlsu
01-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Maybe in your Fantasy not gonna happen PM wake up this dream is over !!!!!!!

Crow
01-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Updated weather forecast:

.SYNOPSIS...A STRONG RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE REMAIN IN PLACE
THROUGH FRIDAY. THE HIGH WILL SHIFT TO THE EAST THIS WEEKEND AS
ANOTHER AREA OF LOW PRESSURE FORMS IN THE PLAINS. THIS LOW WILL
DRIVE A COLD FRONT THROUGH THE COASTAL WATERS TUESDAY INTO TUESDAY
NIGHT.
SATURDAY
NORTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET.
PROTECTED WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

High of 58
Low of 38

Looks like it is going to be on the chilly side but not too bad overall.

yak-aholic
01-13-2011, 03:14 PM
All of the fish were caught the way I plan to fish on Saturday. I didn't bring a cork with me - I wanted to practice for the tourney.

I caught all mine last weekend without a cork. I did like All_in, practiced for the tournament.

That's great to hear. I think this one is gonna be waaaay better than MC3. At least in terms of fish caught. If I catch one, it will be better for me.