PDA

View Full Version : PPVII Q&A

Speckled_Tiger
04-06-2010, 01:29 PM
So here's the obligitory thread for questions and answers about our next tournament.

I'll start it off, I see the Captains' Meeting is at 8:30 on friday night at Moran's....will food be provided at the meeting or are we fending for ourselves this year? It may be a tad early for this question, but just thought I'd ask.

Choupique
04-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Question: Who’s gonna bring there “A” game?

tefishmaster
04-06-2010, 02:22 PM
The food will be ready before the meeting..... Next Question.

Speckled_Tiger
04-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Who's going to help me load my new Quest?

Branch_Office
04-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Who's going to help me load my new Quest?
I'll make you a deal...I will help you if you help me!!! We will see who has the "A" game going......

tefishmaster
04-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Let the trash talk begin !!!!!!!! anybody wanta start a post on who might walk away the winner in each cat. and why?????

Speckled_Tiger
04-06-2010, 09:13 PM
only one entry into the cajun slam.....or any other category for that matter, using your best guess as to where you have a better shot at placing....tournament officials will not move entries to increase/decrease any prize awarded.

Branch_Office
04-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Tournament officials will not move any entries unless you are being disqualified. You will state your own fish entry into whatever category YOU choose not a td and submit your catch accordingly. So the decision is yours where you would best place or want to be ...not a director.

Speckled_Tiger
04-06-2010, 09:37 PM
at request of the TD:

so you can only enter the Cajun Slam and ONE other category?

What if I were to weigh in a winning Slam stinger and, using separate fish, enter in the Leopard Red and Flounder categories. Since it is quite possible that either the leopard red and/or flounder could be pushed out off of the leader board. Since the prizes are given in a rotation it is easy to figure out which entry to drop in the case that an angler qualifies for two individual awards. So If I have a 10 spot red and a 3 pound flounder I would have to choose which of those to enter in the their own individual categories?

Tigerfish
04-07-2010, 05:21 AM
Why you gotta make things difficult? You know you ain't gonna catch no fish anyway!

bigredbobber
04-07-2010, 06:55 AM
keeping it simple. Let the fisherman decide makes sense to me.

LuvDaTigers
04-07-2010, 08:47 AM
I don't have an issue with the partcipants deciding which fish get entered into the slam or individual categories, but I do have a question regarding this.
Since the participants are making the decision on which fish would be entered as slam or individual category, will there be a leaderboard so that we can determine where the entries would place at that time?

Speckled_Tiger
04-07-2010, 09:46 AM
so it really is just a best guess, sort of deal. Might have to work out some "show me yours I'll show you mine" sort of deals.

Speckled_Tiger
04-07-2010, 11:25 AM
hey, you're the one making the rules not me :lol:

tumbleweed
04-07-2010, 12:58 PM
I have a question:

If Speckled_Tiger manages to not have his head explode, from thinking of too many questions, between now and the tournament. Can he have an extra pound added to his total weight?

Speckled_Tiger
04-07-2010, 01:01 PM
:buttrock:
+10 I'm all for that...:lol: maybe that way I might be able to actually have a 2lb stringer this year.

Don't hate me because I sit at "work" bored all day. ;)

LuvDaTigers
04-07-2010, 01:21 PM
We are working on getting a big dry erase board, but to answer your question - no. Each angler that weighs in fish will receive an index card (which will be the exact replica of the score keepers sheet) with the weight and category. After the weigh in, the names, places, and category will be displayed on the Leaderboard.

Fair enough. Thanks Fred.

tumbleweed
04-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Don't hate me because I sit at "work" bored all day.

Our tax dollars hard at work. :lol:

Too bad there will not be a hard head category. You can use all those dead skwimps you will find in your new malibu stealth bait well.

MarshZilla
04-07-2010, 02:16 PM
what is the deadline for the entry fee and waiver

Speckled_Tiger
04-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Our tax dollars hard at work. :lol:

Too bad there will not be a hard head category. You can use all those dead skwimps you will find in your new malibu stealth bait well.

haha, don't worry it's VERY few tax dollars.

dead shrimp still catch fish, especially if you use dip-n-glo. By the way is that allowed in this tournament :smilegrin::hide:

bigredbobber
04-07-2010, 07:24 PM
from experience, you can take a huge, sanded, 1/4 inch - 4x8 foot plywood board, paint it with blackboard/chalkboard paint, buy a coupla packs of chalk and an eraser. Bingo, you got a cheap reusable chalk board for the leader board. Somebody could even get fancy and stencil on our club name/logo, and maybe make spaces for categories, name, weight/length, etc. blank, so they can be written in as needed. It may take more than one board to cover all the different entries for PPVII, but they would be reusable for other tourneys. A couple of bungee cords and a couple of strategically drilled holes and it can be attached to the side of a dock or a boat shed. OR 2x4s for feet to make it self-supporting. That's if a big dry erase board isn't available. Although, thinking that way, you cany buy a 4x8 sheet of the dry erase board by itself. I've used those, too.

hey, I'm just trying to throw out a few cheap suggestions.

Branch_Office
04-07-2010, 08:50 PM
bigredbobber, that is what we are going to do, buy a white panel board 4x8 for $12 and put some trim on it, maybe hinge it for ease of carry and storage and reuse for upcoming events.

MarshZilla
04-07-2010, 09:11 PM
thanks, now to just find the link

Branch_Office
04-07-2010, 09:27 PM
thanks, now to just find the link

Here you go......http://www.bckfc.org/oldsite/pp7entry.php