PDA

View Full Version : MC4 Rules

Prototype
12-30-2010, 06:07 AM
Is there a list of rules somewhere on the forum for this event?
If not, are we responsible for our jig heads, able to use scent, able to use super glue?
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I couldn't find the info.

bigredbobber
12-30-2010, 06:16 AM
Reposted from yak-aholic:

Here are a couple of links to q&a on the old forum

http://www.bckfc.org/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5577

Go through the forum looking for link to old site. Find the forum and login there. Tons of info on MC there.

http://www.bckfc.org/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5240

Glwlsu
12-30-2010, 07:55 AM
Things change PM Revredfish , Quas or All_in with your questions. I sure there will be a tread opened after the 1st of the year with Q & A

revredfish
12-30-2010, 09:12 AM
http://www.bckfc.org/mc4.html

Basics:

You get 5 jig heads of your choice - bring those five and no others.
You will recieve your baits at the launch at 4:45 am.
Launch is at 5:30 and is a group launch.

Important:

You can have - swivels, spare line, leader line, etc.
You can have things to alter the color of your bait, dipnglo, markers, paint.

YOU CANNOT have bobbers, popping corks, splitshot, cork, driftwood, etc.

You can be disqualified for having a bobber on your boat so leave all that stuff behind.

At this point Quas is the director of this event all questions, clarifications should go through him!

Prototype
12-30-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks for making it clear!

Racechaser
12-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Here is what you can have. 5 jig heads, color changing devices with no scent, super glue.

Here is what you can NOT have. Scents, corks, and anything else not listed above.

So no swivels or spare line?

yak-aholic
12-30-2010, 09:09 PM
swivels and leader material were allowed in last year's event. I guess they could have changed something.

yak-aholic
12-30-2010, 09:21 PM
This was copied from MCIII discussion thread on the old forum.

• Lures handed out begining at 4:45am / Launch at 5:30am from staging area / Weigh-in at 1pm.
• All anglers used provided plastics... Bring your own 5 jig heads (weighted hook, no spinner blade jigheads,
chatter bait heads; Single hook with lead head variety only (any questions about jig heads... ask!!!)
• No outside plastics / lures on your kayak/canoe. (penalty is disqualification)
• No undersize fish or oversized reds on your stringer. (penalty is disqualification)
• Flounder must be 12” to be weighed in.
• Lure modifications, coloring, combining ok. No outside additions except swivel / snap / leader material.
Weigh in line is closed at 1 pm, if you are not in line by 1 p.m. you will not weigh.
Dip-n-glow is ok, gulp spray or dip is not, reason- the gulp spray is intended to change the scent of the bait, the dip-n-glow changes the color, I have used dip-n-glow and it will not keep a garlic smell for long on a bait.

Mung
12-30-2010, 09:48 PM
what happened to the free jigheads?

yak-aholic
12-30-2010, 10:24 PM
I think Swampro has the ones that were sent, but only enough for the ones who replied that they wanted some. Not really sure how that's going to work. I'd say bring your own just in case.