PDA

View Full Version : New Rigging soon!!!

swamppro
12-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Picked up an Open Fisherman yesterday from Massey's Outfitters here in New Orleans. I wanted a boat for standing and sight casting for tournaments and this boat will be the ticket. Never had the chance to get real water trial yet but through it in the pool to see how she did.

1. Stable, stable, stable. I can dance, walk to the bow, you name it as it has a flat floor which is great for spotting reds and poling around with the fly rod.

2. Boat is wide open with a single scotty infront of you. Perfect, you can put whatever you want on there. Behind the factory seat there are 4 rod holders molded into the hull and sloped rear ward slightly. The rear also has a molded in area for an ice chest or crate.

3. Plenty of room for anything you can think of. (great for me)

4. Flat gunnels for just throwing it on a luggage rack or truck upside down for quick loading and unloading.

I will give a better hands on fishing trip review next weekend but I know Hurricane has hit a big winner for anyone needing an inshore boat. I also needed a boat to get in the close quarters fishing deep in the marsh where I love stalking the reds. I got this boat exactly for that reason as I have the Ph160 for the long haul days.

Look for better review next weekend.

http://www.masseysoutfitters.com/Kayaks/Hurricane-Kayaks-2011-Open-Fisherman-Angler/10010163/100-5230/Product

theoldcaster
12-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Good looking rig, now you have no excuse not to catch fish, and plenty of space for the kids!

swamppro
12-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Oh yeah. I put my 3yr old in it with me and he loves it. I could stand up and move around while he is moving around. Now I just need wind less than 25mph so I can get out and break it in with some slime!

theoldcaster
12-05-2010, 02:32 PM
buy the way, whey do you put the peddles?

bigredbobber
12-05-2010, 02:39 PM
nice, smooth clean kayak. i like how it's open in design. know you'll have fun slimin' her up.

swamppro
12-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Haha oldcaster. This is real kayak that does not need training wheels.

swamppro