PDA

View Full Version : Angler of the Year Top Five

Branch_Office
11-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Here are the standings for the year for the top five (5) anglers.

1st Choupique
2nd Revredfish
3rd Where Y'ak
4th All_In
5th Gnatless

Congratulations to these five anglers!

1st Place will be win the kayak to be presented by Pack and Paddle at the December 2nd meeting at Bass Pro Shops. The remaining places (2nd thru 5th) will share in the collective pot from the year long series events. Checks will be presented at the meeting for those anglers.

All the other names (that did not finish in the top five) that registered and fished in at least three (3) or more of the series tournaments will be put in a raffle to win $100 (entry fees back) and that check will be presented at the meeting as well. You do not have to be present to win.

The three (3) people* that I have for that raffle are: Ijuswannafish, Idunno & MagicMan. Special congratuilations to Ijuswannafish who fished all five (5) of the series events....The only one to do so!

Any questions please feel free to ask here or pm me or another officer.

*Subject to change due to information on qualifying. Update will be made here as they occur!

ijuswannafish
11-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Steve, if I am reading things right, All_in was 3rd at MC3. That takes him out of the raffle.

Also yak-aholic, formerly known as idunno, fished 3 tournaments and did not place in any of them.

I did not see any others but I could be wrong.

Right now I like the odds of the raffle.

ijuswannafish
11-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Points are all updated!

http://www.bckfc.org/tourneyseries10.php

Thanks Quas.

ijuswannafish
11-24-2010, 04:08 AM
Also yak-aholic, formerly known as idunno, fished 3 tournaments and did not place in any of them.

Personally I think since he changed his screen name he should forfeit all benefits of the former name. Just my .02

Branch_Office
11-24-2010, 06:34 AM
Steve, if I am reading things right, All_in was 3rd at MC3. That takes him out of the raffle.

The records I checked showed "rdsphd" as finishing 3rd in that tournament...was there a name change to All_In that I am missing? Also, you are correct that idunno did fish 3 events and I will make that correction. Sorry idunno about that....

Branch_Office
11-24-2010, 06:42 AM
Looks like there was a screen name change from "rdsphd" to "All_In" so that does knock him out from the raffle drawing...Sorry for the confusion!

Branch_Office
11-24-2010, 06:46 AM
Personally I think since he changed his screen name he should forfeit all benefits of the former name. Just my .02

Sorry, just a few "cents" short so he stays in no matter how much you pay me lol...

tefishmaster
11-24-2010, 07:02 AM

Well if you can will a kayak in a raffel with almost 100 people in it you may do good with a raffel with only 2 in it. :lol:

Razoryak
11-24-2010, 07:12 AM
Congrats guys!

GreenWave
11-24-2010, 07:25 AM
I fished more than 3 tournaments and was 6th overall. Am I in the raffle? Sorry if I mess up the odds!

ijuswannafish
11-24-2010, 08:23 AM
The records I checked showed "rdsphd" as finishing 3rd in that tournament...was there a name change to All_In that I am missing? Also, you are correct that idunno did fish 3 events and I will make that correction. Sorry idunno about that....

Yes there was a name change after MC3.

I fished more than 3 tournaments and was 6th overall. Am I in the raffle? Sorry if I mess up the odds!

You placed 5th at the Redfish Rumble. That puts you out of the raffle.

The fact that I am in the raffle tells me one thing....I really need to learn how to catch fish when it counts.

Mung
11-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Wait, wait, so the raffle rewards people who: 1. Fish alot; and 2. Suck at it? How am I not in this thing?

If you had seen me kick two nice trout out of my footwell at the recent Turkey Troutfest(LKFC) you'd understand where I am coming from. Severe LOS.

Branch_Office
11-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Greenwave, he is correct except I show you finished 4th @ Redfish Rumble so that does knock you out of the raffle. Sorry!

ijuswannafish
11-24-2010, 08:38 AM
Greenwave, he is correct except I show you finished 4th @ Redfish Rumble so that does knock you out of the raffle. Sorry!

You are right once again Steve.

Wait, wait, so the raffle rewards people who: 1. Fish alot; and 2. Suck at it?

You didn't have to put it that way.

Mung
11-24-2010, 09:07 AM
I was feeling your pain, Brah. Just sad that I didn't get to fish as much as you. This frigging work stuff has me down. :-p

GreenWave
11-24-2010, 09:12 AM

Aw c'mon! That tournament only paid top 3 places!

Rats.

Where Y'ak?
11-24-2010, 09:32 AM
I have to agree with Greenie. I think the "losers" (not my choice of words) raffle is for those that fished 3 or more tourney's and did not win ANY money. It's an extra chance for those individuals to get some entry fees back.

Even if he was 4th, but only three places were paid, I think he should still qualify for the raffle.

yak-aholic
11-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Quick question on the raffle...

Do we have to be present to win? I'm definitely not going to be able to make the meeting due to that nasty 4-letter "w" word.

Glwlsu
11-24-2010, 11:27 AM
If you aren't there half will be taken back by the club !!!! Just kidding I think Steve mentioned earlier that you need not be present..

ijuswannafish
11-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Quick question on the raffle...

Do we have to be present to win? I'm definitely not going to be able to make the meeting due to that nasty 4-letter "w" word.

I can always get it for you if you win.:yes:

GreenWave
11-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Ok, hope this doesn't sound too much like sour grapes. :hide:

I think the raffle is kind of silly and I doubt it does much to encourage participation throughout the year. If we're determined to hold back $100 again next year, how about we award it for something that actually encourages catching and weighing fish?

For instance, $100 for the heaviest legal fish caught and weighed at any of the tournaments, regardless of species. Something that could be won by any angler at any time. Much like the tweak regarding weigh in points vs. participation points, a change like this could keep more people interested and fishing longer.

tefishmaster
11-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Jeff, I feel you pain but ....As Quas said these are the rules that we started with so we will not change after the fact..... that being said is there some tweeking needed .... yes and there will be a few changes comming on the series rules.

GreenWave
11-25-2010, 12:19 AM
Tommy, I was only suggesting a change for NEXT year. I agree that the only way to go this year is to follow the rules precisely as written. But for 2011, I'd like to propose the change I outlined above.

ijuswannafish
11-25-2010, 02:26 AM
Personally I like the raffle mainly because I am in it.:hide: Sorry guys, I am not sure I agree with changing the raffle other than maybe changing it to 3 out of 5 and not winning anything in each one.

This year was my first year in a yak and some of the tournaments were my first time fishing certain areas. With that said, I feel the raffle gives guys like myself who really put in the time, participated in all the tournaments, fished and showed up at all the weigh-ins, with or without fish, a chance to get something back.

I plan on fishing all 5 tournaments again next year and with a little luck and a little more knowledge of the fishing grounds I do not plan on getting skunked as often. Hopefully I can weigh fish at all the tournaments, only time will tell. With that said I really think this should be left alone and not changed for other guys, or gals, that join this club and have a year like I did.

Greenwave, I am sorry the rules have you left out. After being reminded that Redfish Rumble only paid 3 spots I truly think you should be in the raffle with the us. If the officers let us decide you have my vote to be included. I know this would change the odds a little but who cares I think it is only fair.

tefishmaster
11-25-2010, 07:59 AM
Tommy, I was only suggesting a change for NEXT year. I agree that the only way to go this year is to follow the rules precisely as written. But for 2011, I'd like to propose the change I outlined above.

I can tell you "changes they are a comming" well at least we are looking at and will have some before the new year! Sorry If you thought I meant change this year, not the intent. :lol:

magicman
11-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Mr. Irrelevant= magicman. Sounds good to me. Could be worse, I could be paddlin around wit that **** duck!!!

Branch_Office
11-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Ok, hope this doesn't sound too much like sour grapes. :hide:

I think the raffle is kind of silly and I doubt it does much to encourage participation throughout the year. If we're determined to hold back $100 again next year, how about we award it for something that actually encourages catching and weighing fish?

Greenwaves inclusion in "under review" by the board (both old and new) as to whether he would be included in the raffle for the $100.00.

That being said, kind of ironic that he might have a one in four chance of winning the $100 for something that's "kind of silly". Just saying.....:hide:

Racechaser
11-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Greenwaves inclusion in "under review" by the board (both old and new) as to whether he would be included in the raffle for the $100.00.

That being said, kind of ironic that he might have a one in four chance of winning the $100 for something that's "kind of silly". Just saying.....:hide:

Well my two cents is that "placing" infers that money was awarded. If only top three paid then he should be eligible for the drawing in my opinion.

Branch_Office
11-25-2010, 06:22 PM
And I agree but I am not the only one to make that decision. I find the other part just plain funny....did you read the whole post?

theoldcaster
11-25-2010, 06:27 PM
let us FISH in peace,

Racechaser
11-25-2010, 07:22 PM
And I agree but I am not the only one to make that decision. I find the other part just plain funny....did you read the whole post?

Oh yeah I got the joke and irony. I just wanted to give an opinion as a member so that the board would take that into account.

GreenWave
11-26-2010, 12:03 AM

Steve, I think I've made it clear that I know the rules and am not asking for any special consideration. In case there's any doubt, allow me to eliminate any perceived "irony". I request that you and the rest of the board follow the rules as written and not include me in any raffle for the remaining $100. By the way, the tournament director has already spoken on this subject and I respect his ruling.

If you want to consider my suggestion for next year, great. If not, I respect that too. I know others don't find the raffle as pointless as I do. Ijuswannafish posted his reasoning for keeping it, and I think he makes a pretty good case.

It appears that my calling the raffle "silly" may have been offensive to you and perhaps to others. If so, I apologize, and I should probably choose my words more carefully. However, I'm aware that the raffle was devised by previous leadership. With a new BCKFC administration, I think it's time to consider an alternative.

I suggest eliminating the raffle. If we have extra money, let's reduce the entry fees. If we must keep money back throughout the year, I'd rather see it awarded for catching fish. Please see my previous post for details.

ijuswannafish
11-26-2010, 01:35 AM
let us FISH in peace,

I second this.

Choupique
11-26-2010, 07:46 AM
The raffle doesn't help participation IMO as well.

theoldcaster
11-26-2010, 08:30 AM
all this over $100.00, good thing it is not $1000.00 and to think I fish for free!