PDA

View Full Version : Participation Question

Choupique
10-25-2010, 11:49 AM
I will pose this question to you all. I only get to fish so many weekends (contrary to what some of you might believe). So with the Where’Yat coming up and the IFA championship coming up I have a choice to make. I can prefish in bama, or fish the Yat. So what constitutes participation? At this point I would prefer to scout more for the IFA championship, but would be a fool not to get my participation points for AOY. So the question is: If I stop by the event is that enough to get participation points? (I recall some individuals doing this after they ate at Huddle House all day and never launched!) On the plus side you guys would have one less person competing with you, and on the minus side participation would be a technicality. Opportunities for out of state tournaments only come up so often for me, so I would like to make a whole hearted attempt to prepare myself and represent our region at the championship.

Glwlsu
10-25-2010, 12:14 PM
You pay your money you get the points. Believe it's always been that way. Congrates on yet another kayak !!!!

bigredbobber
10-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Don't you just get like one or two points for showing up at our tourneys?

Which one has the bigger potential pay-off?

I'd go with that (said the guy with about 1-2 points) LOL

that is a tough call, bud.

valvguy1
10-25-2010, 01:02 PM
I will pose this question to you all. I only get to fish so many weekends (contrary to what some of you might believe). So with the Where’Yat coming up and the IFA championship coming up I have a choice to make. I can prefish in bama, or fish the Yat. So what constitutes participation? At this point I would prefer to scout more for the IFA championship, but would be a fool not to get my participation points for AOY. So the question is: If I stop by the event is that enough to get participation points? (I recall some individuals doing this after they ate at Huddle House all day and never launched!) On the plus side you guys would have one less person competing with you, and on the minus side participation would be a technicality. Opportunities for out of state tournaments only come up so often for me, so I would like to make a whole hearted attempt to prepare myself and represent our region at the championship.

I could Pinch Fish for ya Choup. That way.......... you'd be assured no more than participation points.......

Glwlsu
10-25-2010, 01:13 PM
You get 5 for participation and 1 more for weighing fish. top 10 get more pionts 26(1st) down to 8 (10th) Kinda like Tulane University, pay your fees get your B's !!!!!

revredfish
10-25-2010, 01:22 PM
That's it so if I suddenly decide to slam the trout and a flounder and take first place the best I can do is get to 80. You still win the angler of the year. If you don't sign up I could, potentially, on my best day, tie your current score. Frankly I think you are safe either way but it's cheap insurance to buy a spot and get a kayak. BTW in that most unlikely scenario: I don't know what the tiebreaker would be but I'm sure you've earned it.

tefishmaster
10-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Quas is the "offical" in charge of the tourny series. If others did get points for showing up I don't see why you wouldn't. I think this has happened this year. Maybe Quas will chime in, I think he 's back from his honeymoon.

Glwlsu
10-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Would like to know what would happen in the event of a tie. 1 hour sudden death fish off. Think we could sell some tickets to that !!!!!

fishtaco
10-25-2010, 02:39 PM
Would like to know what would happen in the event of a tie. 1 hour sudden death fish off. Think we could sell some tickets to that !!!!!

On Lake Maurepas. That will seperate the men from the boys.

Mung
10-25-2010, 02:46 PM
Kinda like Tulane University, pay your fees get your B's !!!!!

+1

Waiting for Greenwave's snappy comeback.

nolafish
10-25-2010, 03:54 PM
I say its okay, if you tell me where you are going to prefish:lol:

Glwlsu
10-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Think we will have a better chance of Benton spilling the beans.

Choupique
10-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Think we will have a better chance of Benton spilling the beans.

probably! but he’s getting better!

GreenWave
10-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Kinda like Tulane University, pay your fees get your B's !!!!!

Perhaps you're the bastion of academia and we're the football factory this week. :roflmao:

snake doctor
10-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Perhaps you're the bastion of academia and we're the football factory this week. :roflmao:

Don't use big words like "bastion of academia." You will only confuse them.

Mung
10-25-2010, 05:12 PM
The Ole War Skule may be a bastion of a lot of things, but academia isn't one of them. Drunken parties, nubile co-eds from across the state, Foreign TAs who barely speak english, but NOT academia. How else could I be a 3rd generation grad with 2 degrees? ;-)

LSU will, however, flunk somebody out, even when they paid their fees, which are maybe a 10th of those at Chu-lane.

revredfish
10-25-2010, 05:19 PM
On Lake Maurepas. That will seperate the men from the boys.
I think the guy with an actual first place finish should win the tie.

GreenWave
10-25-2010, 06:05 PM
The Ole War Skule may be a bastion of a lot of things, but academia isn't one of them. Drunken parties, nubile co-eds from across the state, Foreign TAs who barely speak english, but NOT academia. How else could I be a 3rd generation grad with 2 degrees? ;-)

LSU will, however, flunk somebody out, even when they paid their fees, which are maybe a 10th of those at Chu-lane.

Oh, where to begin? Maybe those "fees" you mention. They're every bit as high upriver, where they're affectionately known as "taxes".

The "Chu-lane" bit is pretty much making my argument for me.

Glwlsu
10-25-2010, 06:58 PM
Did not know they still play football on willow street. Probably should go to soccer......would get at least 10 fans in the stands !!!!

GreenWave
10-26-2010, 02:06 AM
Sigh. Still no football on Willow St. :boese104:

We drew a legit 28,000 in the dome for our last home game and it still felt like an empty airplane hangar. An uptown stadium can't come soon enough.

I wouldn't expect you to know this, since it was completely ignored by the Times Picayune, but we did WIN 34-24 over UTEP this weekend. That makes us 3-4 against a fairly competitive schedule thus far. As a long suffering fan, I'll take it.

Olive branch: I was very impressed by both Tigers this weekend in a hard fought game. You guys have nothing to be ashamed of.

Glwlsu
10-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Except we can't tackle one freaking guy. Not sure what our "game plan" was. More lack of. Not sure how we got to 7-1 with the 113 ranked offense.

As I have said in the past. If TOOLAME would get more Curtis Kids they could be competitive. They need to hang onto that coach also. Not sure where he could go. Maybe to a first class high school.

OK I'll get off the Weenies. Too easy of a target. They can't even play baseball anymore....

GreenWave
10-26-2010, 10:01 AM
They need to hang onto that coach also. Not sure where he could go. Maybe to a first class high school.

I'm confused. First you criticize our academic standards, now it's the head coach. Did you secretly become a Stanford fan? :spin:

Glwlsu
10-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Wish we had their coach !!!!!!

yak-aholic
10-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Post #24 and finally a straight answer to the OP

swamppro
10-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Post #24 and finally a straight answer to the OP
hahahahahaha