PDA

View Full Version : FallnTide Launch Locations

Choupique
09-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Here is a list of various launch areas in bounds for the FallnTide tournament in Plaquemines Parish. Trying to sort these from North (Myrtle Grove) to Venice (south)

1) Myrtle Grove (Lake Hermitage Road?)

2) Magnolia (Big Fat Red Central)

3) Grand Bayou Road (right past Magnolia, Dirt road that extends into the marsh. Similar to Magnolia area marsh, used to get more pressure, now areas probably about even with the influx to Magnolia lately)

5) Happy Jack (martin lane? another mile or so past Grand Bayou road)
5a) Happy Jack Pumping station, right south of the Martin Lane on the levee, access to some bigger interior bays.

6) North Street Pumping Station (Nice marsh with some canals and bays nearby. Do not drive on the levee at any of these pumping stations. Best to park and drag yak over grass. Some of these levees are new dirt and get very slippery as the mud is not packed.

7) Port Sulphur HS (nice access to bays and marsh with deep pockets as well. Good intermediate area between really open water (Joshuas) and the thick marsh (magnolia).

8) Paula Street PS (Nice duck ponds and a few canals with access to bigger bays like Cheniere and Lanaux

9) Empire Mariana (Tournament HQ) good protected area to fish man made structures in event of tough weather. Boat Grave Yard on the way out of the lock, Deep canal between the levees on the southside inside the lock. Outside the lock lots of rock banks and a few islands out there with Oyster reefs marked with pvc poles.

10) Joshuas (access to thick marsh along buras canal and islands out in the bay. SW of Buras the “indian mounds” marsh has some deep canals and drains with some small rigs and more oyster reefs marked with poles on the paddle across to the islands. Watch the wind here very open paddling across to the different islands.

11) Triumph PS (private road leads to pumping station sometimes gate is open) Other route is the levee south from Joshuas. Gated on the east side of the launch keep your truck off the levee and dont park in the gated side. Some really deep canals and a maze of drains and marshes out there. Always can find some moving water to fish here.

12) YCB Bayside Cabins: private launch for guests right into Bay Carrion Crow. Access to some islands and some thick marsh via a few drains.

13) YCB public Launch. (Duvic Pump Road) nice public launch cameras at parking lot and trashcans and its free! downside is there are some big paddle out here to some of the islands.

14) Old Spanish Pass ( launch right off the bend going into Venice ) bayou takes you out to some good rozo cane areas.

15) Chawee Bay ( wide shoulder near intersection of Tidwater Road and Venice Boat Harbor Drive. Some nice islands within a short paddle and access to the NE side of the wagon wheel (venice oil dome) marsh.

16) Wagon Wheel Launch ( at the end of Tidewater Road) access to the wagon wheel marsh and for adventurous paddlers the beach at sandy point via red pass (4.5 miles) Lots of boat traffic here hug the bank and a flag is a good idea.

swampninja
09-25-2010, 12:11 PM
As a newbie, I want to say thanks for all of the info that you guys are willing to share. I can't wait to try some new locations.

Domo
09-25-2010, 03:29 PM
Last time I was at YCB launch with a stinkpot about 1.5 years ago it wasn't free. There was an honor box on a pole. You were to take an envelope (provided) slip into it a paper with your lic. plate # and money ($10) then slip in honor box.

Yak-a-Lou
09-25-2010, 08:48 PM
Excellent job!

Yankee Yakker
09-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Excellent. Class act! Thanks.

thrash
09-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Nice job Choup. Couldn't say it better myself. Really I couldn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ijuswannafish
09-26-2010, 06:01 AM
I think you covered all the spots that I know about. I think these spots will help all the newbies find their way for FNT

swamppro
09-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Nice Choup. The levee with fresh mud is very slick after a rain. Cajun Caster had the pleasure of watching me drive back out slinging mud everywhere as it was soft. My kayak was covered!

yak-aholic
09-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Nice job Choup, I knew you were the man for this job

Choupique
09-26-2010, 09:41 AM
A guy I was with got stuck at Paula Street last year. We had to join scraps of old rope so I could pull him off the top of the levee as he was sliding down the side of it. I was on one side he was on the other. He also got a ticket as it took over an hour to get im off and by that time a cop had rolled by. Just park on the other side and drag yak over the grassy hill. No more driving on unpaved levees for me. Got to be some rocks up there!

swamppro
09-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Yeah it was fun trying to turn around with a trailer at 4am! First I tried to back out and was spinning and sliding everywhere. I miss my 4x4. Next truck will be a 4x4 again.

bigredbobber
09-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks, Choup. FishTaco gave me a good list of places to fish on the old forum. You guys should be able to dig it up as a member. I now have a plethora of places to fish down there. Now all I need is some weekends to go fish. Might push bowhunting back this year and fish the early fall for a change.

Thanks for sharing and helping. Always appreciated. The generosity of this club with knowledge and opportunities continues to amaze me. Nothing like BCKFC!

swampninja
10-06-2011, 10:26 AM
I thought I would bump up Choupiques post from last year. It was a great help to me as a new member then.

yak-aholic
10-06-2011, 10:41 AM
A great example of how we don't necessarily give detailed reports of areas within fishing boundaries, but don't mind sharing some information.

4x4fishin
10-06-2011, 10:43 AM
I believe the north st launch is now completely fenced off. Triumph ps private rd is always locked now.

In a month or so there should be some great bank or adventurous kayak river from ft jackson area south in the river esp on high tides.

yak-aholic
10-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Since the boundaries were expanded to the east side of Plaquemines Parish, would someone mind covering those launches as well?

4x4fishin
10-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Scouted Beshels (spelling???) for the first ifa but it was very fresh have not been back. Nice paddles with lots of options, big deep canals, thick marsh/ponds/ big shallow bays etc.

snake doctor
10-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Last time I checked the Happy Jack Pumping station was closed off. Maybe you could park and drag the yak over the levee if you wanted to launch there.

theoldcaster
10-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Please do not worry about Choup, I am sure this fever will pass soon and he will be back to normal before next weekend! :hide:

swampninja
10-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Please do not worry about Choup, I am sure this fever was pass soon and he will be back to normal before next weekend! :hide:

maybe you could give him a prescription for more overalls :lol:

Nobody
10-06-2011, 12:56 PM
And which of these places will have any water when the wind kicks up to 30 mph from the North?

snake doctor
10-06-2011, 02:38 PM
And which of these places will have any water when the wind kicks up to 30 mph from the North?

At 30 mph N wind the ponds will dry up and only the main canals will have water on the west side, and they will be muddy and hard to fish. Some spots around Venice may be sheltered and remain clean. The east side (access by Point la Hache ferry) will have water, and there should be some clean spots to be found.

Choupique
10-06-2011, 02:50 PM
forecast right now is for E / ENE light winds

trout25red
10-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Nice generosity. I can't imagine how long it took you to figure out all of those locations. I have only been to 3 or 4 of those so far.

yak-aholic
10-06-2011, 03:08 PM
forecast right now is for E / ENE light winds

And that's how it always starts. Someone fors and makes a comment about the nice weather forecast, next thing you know we have hurricane force winds to deal with:hide:

Nobody
10-06-2011, 03:23 PM
And that's how it always starts. Someone fors and makes a comment about the nice weather forecast, next thing you know we have hurricane force winds to deal with:hide:

That is why I started it!

Branch_Office
10-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Yep, remember last year!

Choupique
10-06-2011, 04:24 PM
last year was fine!!!

Branch_Office
10-06-2011, 11:28 PM
Yes, pleasant tourny weather for a change.......... you're welcome! :LOL: :lol:

Wait...who is this posting?? Are you a "new guy" lol....Are you fishing or what???