PDA

View Full Version : Pac Attack

swamppro
09-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Guys I had a great time. Thanks for everything you did. It was great to see friends again. I ended up launching at Theo's as I wanted to support him for the hospitality he gave. Very nice man to say the least. I could not believe how bad Island Rd looked. Its been that long since I have been down there. When we launched we paddled back the main canal and found some marsh. First pond I went to had plenty action hitting shrimp. I thought it would be good. Through a marsh works spinner and kept getting missed hits.They felt like trout how they hit and I wanted to confirm it as I was getting frustrated. Through a squilla shrimp on and started catching keeper trout after trout. atleast it wasnt hard heads right? Well, I work my way through there and you can here the reds busting. One problem, water was so high you could not see them they were so deep in the grass. I would paddle into the grass about 20' stand up and look around. nada. Backtrack out and you would here it in another spot. Worked my way out of that pond and I see what looked like a Hobie parade going down the bayou. It was Yak a Lou and crew. We went and hit some more ponds and cuts but water was just running through the grass and the reds were in there enjoying the easy meals. I ended up picking off some easy big sheepshead along the marsh that would show me the grass wiggle so I would grab them for the fry and some trout.

All in all I had a great time fishing a new area. I can still here Cajun Caster yelling for me lost in the marsh. hahahaha

swamppro
09-12-2010, 09:38 AM
You looked like you were tired when we met up.