PDA

View Full Version : The Car Guy

theoldcaster
09-11-2010, 02:30 PM
I new the car guys father some 20 years ago when I was in the car business so I made a point to welcome him to the club when he joined. Little did I know what a outstanding you man he was. This morning I had two new members follow me down to PAC, Fred Kimble and The Car Guy, when we got to the marina Fred called with bad news, he had hit something in the road on the single lane section of the road and blown out a tire.
It was almost impossible for me to returN pulling a trailer, and what could a 60 year old out of shape fisherman do to help anyway?
Hearing the phone conversation Trent ( Car GUY ) jumped in his truck and said y'all go fish I will take car of Mr. Fred! Trent made his way back, climbed under the truck, lower a spare, and mounted it on Freds for truck, and both made it back in time to fish!
I AM PROUD THAT WE HAVE YOUNG MEN OF TRENTS CALIBER CHOOSE TO JOIN US, NOT MANY YOUNG MEN AROUND THAT WOULD GIVE UP THIR MORNING TO HELP SOMEONE ELSE!

HATS OFF TO THIS OUTSTANDING YOUNG MAN!

marshdaddy
09-11-2010, 03:03 PM
My hats off to the young man with strong character and morals.

tefishmaster
09-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Class Act :buttrock:

buddhaman
09-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Anyone that went down there can attest that the road is narrow and treacherous. A big High Five to TheCarGuy!!!

Branch_Office
09-12-2010, 08:52 AM
The story continues.... When Fred got back to the landing, Trent and I helped him unload his yak and get set up. This was Fred's first time in a yak and to fish like this. Trent and Fred paddled out together and he stayed with Fred for a good while making sure everything was ok. I think they finally got separated but again...Great Personality and will be a great addition to the club.

He also managed to catch a limit of reds mid morning...so he can catch fish as well.

Welcome GarGuy (Trent)....