PDA

View Full Version : Newbie wants some PAC attack 3 - where's everyone staying?

brian22
09-09-2010, 10:57 AM
I wanna come join the fun this weekend! Will get paid and waivered up today/tonight. Have no idea where to fish, just want to get out and meet/fish with some of you guys as I'm really new to yak fishing.... I have a few questions, hopefully someone can help out:

1. Where are y'all staying and how do you keep y'all's yaks safe overnight? Leave them in the truck? Bring them in the room?

2. I'm bringing my son just to fish and laissez les bon temps roulez w/ me on my boat - does he need to be in the tourney also to ride w/ me?

3. Anyone wanna take me with them and show me all their honeyholes? :hide:

Crow
09-09-2010, 11:02 AM
I am going to be staying at the Baymont on Friday night, it looked fairly safe there and yes I will probably leave my yak in my truck overnight and hope it is there in the morning. I might try to find a piece of chain and padlock it to my truck.

Don't know of any honeyholes at PAC I have only been there once :)

Glwlsu
09-09-2010, 11:04 AM
I will be staying in lovely downtown Kenner at my house. It's only about an hour and fifteen minutes. Main reason why I love fishing at PAC !!!

I leave my yak in the back of my truck (sometimes two-three nights) I had a chain that goes through the scupper holes and padlock to the truck bed.

buddhaman
09-09-2010, 12:41 PM
The Island Marina is built way up high so it gets a nice gentle breeze and it's too high for mosquitoes. Theo said that if anyone wants to come down Friday night and sleep out on the deck, it's OK with him.

It's gonna be a real nice pleasant night and you'll have the jump on everyone!

revredfish
09-09-2010, 02:23 PM
simple bike lock works great run through the scupper plug. Hotels in Houma on MLK are 30 minutes away from Point Aux Chein. That's about it. Some are closer but next to a really rough neighborhood.

brian22
09-09-2010, 03:19 PM
The Island Marina is built way up high so it gets a nice gentle breeze and it's too high for mosquitoes. Theo said that if anyone wants to come down Friday night and sleep out on the deck, it's OK with him.

It's gonna be a real nice pleasant night and you'll have the jump on everyone!

Looks nice! Who's goin?

buddhaman
09-09-2010, 03:27 PM
If Cobia1 is there, sleep with one eye open ... just saying.
I got no secret honeyholes. Of course, I haven't been catching very many fish either. But, I'll be glad to show you where I fish. I'm gonna get down to the marina around 5. It's gonna be mad down there with stinkpots and all. Everyone's going fishing this weekend!

brian22
09-09-2010, 03:38 PM
If Cobia1 is there, sleep with one eye open ... just saying.
I got no secret honeyholes. Of course, I haven't been catching very many fish either. But, I'll be glad to show you where I fish. I'm gonna get down to the marina around 5. It's gonna be mad down there with stinkpots and all. Everyone's going fishing this weekend!

I'll see you there w/ son in tow..... what are the rules on having him onboard fishing? Can I enter him also and we both fish from my yak?

buddhaman
09-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Check with Quas , Rev and the directors on PAC Attack 3. OUTCAST isn't a problem.

CNSpots
09-09-2010, 04:26 PM
I'll see you there w/ son in tow..... what are the rules on having him onboard fishing? Can I enter him also and we both fish from my yak?

When I fish with my wife in the canoe, I bring some small wire ties.. I secure the wire tie in the lip of her fish, and leave my fish "unadorned" so we can keep them separate..
You just have to put a hole in the soft membrane under the jaw and pass it through.. Most of the time, I can pass it through where the hook was..

valvguy1
09-09-2010, 05:43 PM
When I fish with my wife in the canoe, I bring some small wire ties.. I secure the wire tie in the lip of her fish, and leave my fish "unadorned" so we can keep them separate..
You just have to put a hole in the soft membrane under the jaw and pass it through.. Most of the time, I can pass it through where the hook was..

Whew......... Why didn't I think of that? I used to fish with a GF and she could have used some wire ties through her lips..........

CNSpots
09-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Whew......... Why didn't I think of that? I used to fish with a GF and she could have used some wire ties through her lips..........

Man, I had to read my post again to make sure I didn't say anything to put me in the doghouse.. I don't need any help with that.. Like Tyler Perry says, "I can do bad all by myself.." Y'all have a good time this weekend.. See you next time..