PDA

View Full Version : TC3

Glwlsu
03-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Would like to share some info on Sat tournament. Anyone fish from 12:01 on ? Where did you fish (general) no GPS coordinates needed and what were they eating.

We looked at putting in at the LNG turnaround but Beers at Freds got the majority of the votes so we headed there to tell some stories and drink a few Buds !!

We then headed to Cameron and launched at the corner of the ship channel and "the old ship" channel.
Winds were howling all night no complaints because those little flying things were no around.

We paddled out at about day break, think it was 7ish. Two of us (third member decided to fish from his yak located in the back of his truck, name withheld )

Water clear up pretty well once we got into the southern part of big lake. Worked the shoreline going out. Made it to the first weir and no water was running out. Tried to find the next two weirs but never got there. Headed in at 10:30. Straight 1 1/2 hour paddle channel water against the wind pretty brutal. Lefty Cameron at noon (ferry wait was 30 minutes) and trip in was 45 minutes.
We arrived at weighin site at 1:27 and not a yak in site....

Another tough day on the Big Lake. We found some good launches for when the winds are right.
Lots of people fishing off land were catching black drums (large) and redfish.

That's my story. Tried to get back to the truck quicker.... that Outback looks to be coming sooner than later!!!!

See ya on the water

Choupique
03-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Thats a really tough place to fish if it isn’t “time” to fish the old jetties. Usually late spring/summer. We launched at 12:45 first location to 2 foot sees went in instantly. Went to the LNG canal fished from 2ish till about 3:30... natta... went to herberts decided against that at 4am. next spot contemplated launching for an hour before finally doing so... I think the sentiment from a lot of the guys was to move the start time back to 3am (first year) and maybe extend the weigh-in till 3pm.

Speckled_Tiger
03-28-2010, 06:40 PM
We paddled out at about day break, think it was 7ish. Two of us (third member decided to fish from his yak located in the back of his truck, name withheld )

Sounds like I need to do some recruiting. ;)

pedalmedic
03-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Sounds like I need to do some recruiting. ;)I tried to take a nap, but found out it was 4AM. Srcew that. It .was tought to see the guys with the trout where WACT was earlier fishing and deciding to try another place. It's all my fault... But hey, I caught a redfish... Wact???

redspot
03-28-2010, 07:47 PM
we were at the weigh in spot till around 145 at least.

you must have gone to the park, the weigh in was on the side of the interstate

Glwlsu
03-29-2010, 10:31 AM
Where you guys in a truck with three yaks in the back ? We passed a truck going into the launch as we were leaving. I was heading to the Spring game. So was in a hurry...

ijuswannafish
03-30-2010, 01:57 AM
Where you guys in a truck with three yaks in the back ? We passed a truck going into the launch as we were leaving. I was heading to the Spring game. So was in a hurry...
I think that was idunno, breamkiller, and I. Two yaks on top and one in the bed?

jabert
03-31-2010, 09:35 PM
I got into some thick schools of redfish in LNG from around 1:30-3:00. They were busting some bait on the top of the water. Had fun with them for a while, but the wind picked up and kept blowing me into the restricted area. The guard came out and started griping so I picked up and left. Trout were no where to be found though.

GreenWave
03-31-2010, 10:03 PM
I "slept in" till 4:30 am and was on the water at 6am at Dugas Landing. I fished some oyster reefs along a cut out to the ship channel. Nothing to be found but rat reds. When the wind died down for a while, I moved out into the ship channel itself and casted and trolled along the rocks. Nothing. Around 10:45 I decided to pack it in and head to Prien Lake to fish until weigh in. I paddled towards the bridge, casting randomly and started to get tentative bites. Eventually, I located a reef that was the source of the fish and soon thereafter hooked up a nice trout that I lost at the boat. A couple more bites and it was time to paddle in. Nothing to weigh.

Prefishing the day before I caught some more rat reds at Dugas as well as a nice flounder in West Cove.