PDA

View Full Version : Please take a moment

buddhaman
09-08-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm rarely serious, but here goes.
I just got back from Island Marina in Isle de Jean Charles. I can't begin to describe how happy Theo and his family are that y'all are coming down to fish PAC. He, his family, and friends are going all out to make this one of the most hospitable events that I think you can imagine. They are cooking shrimp jambalaya, white beans and rice, salad for lunch. Then they're cooking red beans and rice, fish fry, and boiled shrimp for supper. To boot, the Parish Council last night just approved rebuilding the Island Road to Isle de Jean Charles. The locals plan on having a big party for the evening with music, and dancing. These folks are unlike most people you've met. They do all of this because they enjoy having a good time, and in turn they want you to have a good time. I ask all of you for only 2 things. First, please introduce yourself to Theo, his daughter Lora Ann, and Rooster Crochet (who'll be helping with the cooking - he wears a red/white/& blue do-rag). And second, please ask your friends and family to join us. I was there for sunset this afternoon at 7pm and it was breathtaking. Looking out from the high deck out over the marsh to the west is a beautiful sight.
I have nothing to gain from the outcome of this Saturday other than to welcome you to my parish and to the people that I love. I'd be honored with your presence.

Glwlsu
09-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Even if you can't fish the PAC III or "outcast event" I would try to make it down. Sure this will be an event that will be long talked about.

valvguy1
09-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Looking forward to it. Appreciate the hospitality. Could I get ya to chain a few reds up for me too? I'll pickem up bout 5:45. Nothing too big...... just 5 about 23.5 inches would be fine.

Branch_Office
09-08-2010, 09:03 PM
John, Thank you again for helping get all this together and making the contact with Theo and group. I look forward to meeting him and will certainly do the two things you asked for. The news on the road work is outstanding. I know this is something that is long overdue and will look forward to more events down there in the future.

I too wold like to encourage everyone that can make it to come down and "pass a good time" even if they are not fishing! The only thing that is better than Southern hospitality is Cajun hospitality...

ijuswannafish
09-09-2010, 03:17 AM
I can't wait to meet the Theo and the rest of the gang. I am really looking forward to this Saturday's events and festivities. All of that food, the entertainment, and LSU on the tv, kinda sounds like a small slice of heaven if you ask me.

Crow
09-09-2010, 05:58 AM
I met Theo last weekend when I went down there. He was very friendly and when I told him I was launching a kayak he was all smiles and told me all about his plans for feeding us hungry fishermen this weekend. I was also impressed by how all the locals in their stinkpots slowed down and took it easy when passing me in my kayak. Not once did any yahoo go flying by at high speed and this was on a holiday weekend too.