PDA

View Full Version : October 22-24 - Bassin on the Bogue Chitto

fishtaco
08-12-2010, 08:25 AM
October 22-24 - Bassin on the Bogue Chitto

Louisiana River Bassin would like to invite BCKFC members to join us and do some fishing on the Bogue Chitto River the weekend of October 23rd. We will be camping at the the new Bogue Chitto State Park and floating the river to and from the Park. The Bogue Chitto State Park is located just south of Franklinton, LA off Hwy 25. Details on float and wade trips to come. Fall is a great time of year for big bass in our Florida parish rivers, so I hope yall can join us in October!

http://www.crt.state.la.us/parks/iboguechitto.aspx
http://riverbassin.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?56-Louisiana

Mung
08-13-2010, 07:30 AM
Magnificent idea, Taco. I will join you if I can turf the two trials I have surrounding that event.Hopefully if you get numbers you can organize a long float from upriver.

fishtaco
08-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Magnificent idea, Taco. I will join you if I can turf the two trials I have surrounding that event.Hopefully if you get numbers you can organize a long float from upriver.

That's the plan. It looks to be around 5 miles from Franklinton to Bogue Chitto SP, which should make for a great day float.

CNSpots
08-13-2010, 09:54 AM
I would love to do it, but have to work out the dates around work....

Is the float canoe friendly?

fishtaco
08-13-2010, 10:05 AM
I would love to do it, but have to work out the dates around work....

Is the float canoe friendly?

I can't tell you from experience since I haven't personally run it yet. It should be canoe friendly though. Locals run the river with small jon boats, so I think a canoe should do fine.

yak-aholic
08-13-2010, 10:55 AM
That's something I would definitely be interested in. Gotta see how things are going closer to that time.

When you float a river like that, do you run a drag chain to slow down your drift?

fishtaco
08-13-2010, 11:13 AM
That's something I would definitely be interested in. Gotta see how things are going closer to that time.

When you float a river like that, do you run a drag chain to slow down your drift?

I've never used one, some people do though. There are instances when it could be useful, but I'd rather not fool with it.

northshoretiger
08-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Damn. My buddy is getting married that weekend. yall have fun!

jonalford
08-30-2010, 03:39 PM
That is gonna be a busy month for me but gonna try to make that sounds fun.

yak-aholic
08-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Don't think I'm gonna be able to make that one with Fall-n-Tide the weekend before. Can't see getting 2 weekend passes in a row.

Glwlsu
08-30-2010, 05:24 PM
Auburn away weekend. Great choice FT should be in. You talking camping/ cabin what.

fishtaco
09-13-2010, 08:33 PM
Auburn away weekend. Great choice FT should be in. You talking camping/ cabin what.

Didn't see your reply until today Gairi. We're camping, we've got a couple of sites booked and only 4 people confirmed so we've got room for more. It should be a good time and a chance at some aggressive bass. The bigger kentucky spots are more active in the Fall.

Anyone else interested in joining us?

northshoretiger
09-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Hey FT, any possibility of a one day float trip on another date? I've really wanted to go on a single day float trip but it requires at least 2 vehichles and Notch and I can't seems to synch schedules for a trip.

fishtaco
09-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Hey FT, any possibility of a one day float trip on another date? I've really wanted to go on a single day float trip but it requires at least 2 vehichles and Notch and I can't seems to synch schedules for a trip.

Sure man, just let me know whenever you have an available day and I'll see what I can do.

Glwlsu
09-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Thinking maybe RV what site you have reserved ? I do have a tent. Big Bear snoores big time !!! Looking forward to some freshwater ? How was your trip caught some fish ? Brought back two W's which is always a great trip. Our last roadtrip was to Kentucky and that one sucked.....

fishtaco
09-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Thinking maybe RV what site you have reserved ? I do have a tent. Big Bear snoores big time !!! Looking forward to some freshwater ? How was your trip caught some fish ? Brought back two W's which is always a great trip. Our last roadtrip was to Kentucky and that one sucked.....

I booked campsite CI119 in the Bottomland RV Loop (CI101 - CI135). We have another campsite booked nearby too, I forget which one it is.

The trip was pretty awesome. I fished a few mornings when I was at the cabin, caught some small trout, nothing huge this time. Did a fair amount of hiking too, the weather was gorgeous. Missing 10 days of work makes me want to just be unemployed, stupid bills prevent that. The LSU wins were ugly, but at least they were wins, Ole Miss wasn't so lucky, at the 1st week of the season.

fishtaco
10-17-2010, 07:00 PM
Looking forward to fishing the Bogue Chitto this weekend, hopefully the weather stays as beatiful as it has been the last two weeks. I know we've got at least 5 guys heading out there Friday afternoon and evening, floating Saturday and maybe Sunday, should be a good time with lots of spotted bass caught. Yall can join us for just the float on Saturday - maybe one on Sunday too, or camp at the park Friday and/or Saturday night.

TidewateR
10-20-2010, 04:41 PM
weather looks nice!!!!!! I can't wait to get on the river...it's been too long