PDA

View Full Version : Next BCKFC Meeting

Branch_Office
07-30-2010, 08:19 AM
I took the day last Saturday and did some scouting for a meeting location in Covington and Hammond and could find no where that could house us.

I spoke with tefishmaster and we are thinking of having the next meeting in BR as close to the interstate as possible..... possibly a chinese buffet place or Golden Corral.

Also looking at the week before PAC Attack as a date so we can go over any last minute questions / concerns with everyone as well.

Just kinda letting you know where the officers are on this and that we are working for you guys!

The last meeting of the year will be held in December with the election of officers and be held at Bass Pro Shop in Denham Springs. No date set yet.

Speckled_Tiger
07-30-2010, 08:33 AM
Just thought...we may try to avoid "ethnic foods". Not everyone likes chinese, mexican, etc foods (especially those that may want to bring picky kids along). In the past we used Deangelo's quite often, most have a party room of some kind that can hold a good amount of people and the food is decently priced.

Branch_Office
07-30-2010, 08:55 AM
So what ethnicity would you call Deangelo's ...possibly Italian lol. It would certainly be more expensive than a buffet somewhere. Possibly pizza at Gatis is another choice.

I would not call Golden Corral or Ryans "ethnic" either and they are kid friendly.

Branch_Office
07-30-2010, 09:12 AM
I will check it out this afternoon...Thanks

fishtaco
07-30-2010, 09:27 AM
Truck stops, buffets, hey maybe a hospital cafeteria will take us? :spin:

Branch_Office
07-30-2010, 09:53 AM
We are open to all suggestions as posted before....meeting needs: 1) private to semi private area for our meeting 2) large enough to handle up to 40 -50 people 3) Free or nearly free room rental 4) Possibly have food / drinks available 5) Easy to find

We know that 1) will not make everyone happy on location / food and 2) date will not work for everyone. If anyone else would like to "step up" and do the legwork on making the calls, finding a spot and taking care of these task you are welcome to let us know and I am sure that myself and the rest of the officers will be glad to work with you! Just saying......:biggrin:

Nobody
07-30-2010, 10:35 AM
I may have found a spot in Slidell. The place is called "Taste-E-Bones" It is a bar-b-q joint. They have a large room upstairs and would charge little to nothing as long as we eat there and have our meeting during the week. For a price, the manager also said they could set up a buffet for us.

Branch_Office
07-30-2010, 10:53 AM
I like that idea as long as no one minds the drive. I love buffets in case you had not noticed!

Nobody
07-30-2010, 10:55 AM
AS far as the drive is concerned, the next meeting IS supposed to be on the Northshore!

swamppro
07-30-2010, 12:50 PM
What about the dock in slidell? Its on the water and you can have a sponsor do a demo of a kayak or charter captain or something do something. CCA does their meetings there

revredfish
07-30-2010, 03:02 PM
The weekend before PAC Atack (the 4-6th) is Labor Day Weekend. I'm booked for a family vacation. Is that going to be a theme for others?

derrelt
07-30-2010, 07:19 PM
Slidell would be better for those of us from NO. Would be real hard for me to make BR or Deham. Don't get home from work till 6:15 or 6:30.

Branch_Office
07-30-2010, 08:59 PM
I know and the same for those from BR and such. That is why reason we try to rotate the meetings to be fair for everyone. Still up in the air!

Branch_Office
07-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Joe, I will talk to you about the BBQ place tomorrow, sounds good to me as well as the Dock location. I have to rely on you guys for that area as I just can't keep making these drives just to check these places out. So, thanks in advance...

Nobody
07-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Please don't forget that paddle clip!

Branch_Office
07-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Please don't forget that paddle clip!

That was the first thing I loaded lol. Now it may be buried under a bunch of other carp but I got it!

MDR
07-30-2010, 09:55 PM
We are open to all suggestions as posted before....meeting needs: 1) private to semi private area for our meeting 2) large enough to handle up to 40 -50 people 3) Free or nearly free room rental 4) Possibly have food / drinks available 5) Easy to find

We know that 1) will not make everyone happy on location / food and 2) date will not work for everyone. If anyone else would like to "step up" and do the legwork on making the calls, finding a spot and taking care of these task you are welcome to let us know and I am sure that myself and the rest of the officers will be glad to work with you! Just saying......:biggrin:

Excellent point sir. Thanks to all that have taken the initiative to suggest alternate places and to those that have offered positive feedback.

Racechaser
07-31-2010, 07:54 AM
Steve,
What about Ryan's in Hammond? Did they not want to help?

Branch_Office
07-31-2010, 07:59 AM
Just saw them yesterday ...somehow I missed them the first go around. I think Psycho Joe may have a spot, we will talk more today at BBQ and then check it out.